shape
carat
color
clarity

My BGD round brilliant beauty!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo!!!! Three cheers to your fiance! It looks like an absolutely STUNNING diamond and yay on him for letting you pick your own setting!! I can''t wait to see what you do with it!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Your FI did an awesome job!!! It''s a gorgeous ring!!! It''s stunning and looks great on you! Can''t wait to see what you choose as your forever setting!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Ltlfirecracker!!!! I am so very happy for you. Your ring is beyond beautiful! I think the temp setting is fantastic for as long as you want to keep it, and I know you'll have a great time finding your perfect forever-setting!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!

If you are looking for a solitaire setting, I would check out Mark Morrill. I just love the fluidity of his designs!

CONGRATS!!

It''s a stunner for sure
30.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your ring is beautiful! Your fiancee did a stupendous job, what a sweetie! Congratulations to the both of you. Please keep us posted on what you decide on the setting for the future!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful and elegant! That''s a great size on your hand. Congrats!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
that is a yummy stone! congrats!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING - absolutely simple, beautiful, and elegant. Your new FI did beautifully, and CONGRATULATIONS!!
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your FI couldn''t have done better
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s lovely!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer - thank you so much!!!! You are totally right that I would have the options to change up the band with a simple solitaire. I am kind of hoping a picture of the Grace setting is published with a smaller diamond before I decide on it. I am still loving the solitaire look after having it for a couple days. This diamond has so much sparkle, and is saying "do not give me competition."

Legra - thank you, that is still the top contender

geckodani - thanks. I will let everyone know as soon as I decide ;-)

Luckyeshe - thank you, after seeing this diamond at work today, I am just amazed at the job he did. I love how white it is, and it really just shines in all lighting situations (except pitch dark of course)

TanDogMom - Thank you!!!!! The temp setting will work for a bit, I just don''t want to keep it too long because I still have memories of my sapphire coming loose in an open 4 pronged setting. But I am going to take my time. We set a deadline of having the setting before the wedding, I want to have it done sooner. I am going to try it on with different bands and really think about the look I want.

orbaya - I love Mark Morrell, he is a contender for sure!

swedish been - thank you

beechezz - thanks. I am sure I will be asking for opinions and I will put up my final choice for sure

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have 2 more pics to share, I hope you don''t mind.

The first is a fire shot. The first day I got pics it was overcast, so I could not get this.

LTFering21.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My screen name comes from my diamond studs - they are my little firecrackers!

Little Firecrackers, meet your big sister
9.gif

LTFering22.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 8:51:19 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

9.gif
OOoohhh... now I want diamond studs too! LOL!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 8:47:02 PM

TanDogMom - Thank you!!!!! The temp setting will work for a bit, I just don''t want to keep it too long because I still have memories of my sapphire coming loose in an open 4 pronged setting. But I am going to take my time. We set a deadline of having the setting before the wedding, I want to have it done sooner. I am going to try it on with different bands and really think about the look I want.

Ltlfirecracker,
I hope that what happened with your sapphire was a fluke. I had a temp setting very similar to yours for about 2 years - 4 prong simple Tiff style in white gold. I really could have kept it forever but I fell for the X prong. Anyway, I never had a single problem with it for the ~2 years that I had it. I''m sure yours will last as long as you need it to. I think a simple solitaire is really my favorite look for an engagement ring. Hey, we have a lot of stuff alike - check out the Vatche X Prong, if you like it we can really be ring twins! Have a great time with the search. I can''t wait to see what you end up with. Your stone is so beautiful!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 10:00:46 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

9.gif

do it do it do it!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 10:00:46 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

9.gif

You could always get the diamond studs, and if you end up not wearing them, make a 3 stone ring with them
11.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 11:20:45 PM
Author: TanDogMom
Date: 12/21/2009 8:47:02 PM

Ltlfirecracker,

I hope that what happened with your sapphire was a fluke. I had a temp setting very similar to yours for about 2 years - 4 prong simple Tiff style in white gold. I really could have kept it forever but I fell for the X prong. Anyway, I never had a single problem with it for the ~2 years that I had it. I''m sure yours will last as long as you need it to. I think a simple solitaire is really my favorite look for an engagement ring. Hey, we have a lot of stuff alike - check out the Vatche X Prong, if you like it we can really be ring twins! Have a great time with the search. I can''t wait to see what you end up with. Your stone is so beautiful!

You are probably right, there was a girl in my residency class who had a 1.25ct diamond in a setting that looked exactly like mine, she never seemed to have an issue. Knowing me, I will probably look at every setting I like, including the x-prong.

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Ltlfirecracker!!!!!! Its gorgeous, look at that diamond sparkle! WOW! It will look stunning in Lynn''s "Grace" setting! Can''t wait to see that! All the best
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Ltl,
Congratulations! I''m so happy for you. I know you''ve been waiting patiently. Congratulations, dear!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
LtlFirecracker,

Congratulations, what a stunning ring. Thanks so much for sharing the story of your FI and his search for this diamond for you. He sounds incredible, and he did such a great job. Wishing you both all the best.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
wsblue430 - thank you very much!

gardengloves - thank you, he really did take a lot of time to get me the diamond I wanted

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 10:13:58 AM
Author: Harriet
Hi Ltl,

Congratulations! I''m so happy for you. I know you''ve been waiting patiently. Congratulations, dear!

I''ve missed you around here!

Thank you very much, it was worth the wait.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

....I''ll say it again, fabu ring and congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 10:34:48 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

....I''ll say it again, fabu ring and congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you
1.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
I love solitaires
30.gif
They''re the most classic, timeless look there is. Wear it with good health and happiness.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 9:54:12 PM

Hi Ltl,

I''ve missed you too. On which subforum can you usually be found? I''ll try to pop in more to ''talk'' to you.
Again, I''m very very very happy for you.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Lol - big sister, indeed!!!! Congratulations!
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 5:06:26 PM
Date: 12/22/2009 9:54:12 PM

Hi Ltl,

I''ve missed you too. On which subforum can you usually be found? I''ll try to pop in more to ''talk'' to you.

Again, I''m very very very happy for you.

I am kind of wandering right now. I know I am not making things easy. But I will probably be on BWW for the next couple weeks trying to figure things out. I am hoping to be back to CS soon, I am just a little overwhelmed right now.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 7:18:53 AM
Author: Londongirl1
I love solitaires
30.gif
They''re the most classic, timeless look there is. Wear it with good health and happiness.

Thank you, I am a fan of solitaires myself. I appreciate them more now :).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results