shape
carat
color
clarity

My BGD Aurora 1/2 Eternity is READY AND ON THE WAY!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
:o

:love:

WOW, Gypsy. It's amazing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quite the compliment coming from someone named "Miss Got Rocks"! I do REALLY wish I had put up a tree this year so I could enjoy the piece in the lights and the gleam of the ornaments. But everything was so hectic this year and a tree just seemed like more clutter than anything else. Ahh well. I will definitely enjoy it, thank you!

Thank you slg. Unique yet completely classic is what I was hoping for. It turned out better than I could have hoped. The details are very much for my enjoyment. Most who see the ring will only see the bling, but the double banding and the milgrain, those are details for my enjoyment.

Thank you EB!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I'm back for another gape :sun:

I have been thinking about getting my mum a 5stone, but I really think she would just adore a blingy, blinding piece like this! Since it sounds like it will be a BGD stock piece, perhaps you wouldn't mind fielding a few more questions for someone wanting one just like it one day :devil: :halo: ?

How thick is the band on the underside? You mentioned buying a quarter size bigger than you normally wear, are you glad you did?
How sturdy do you feel it is, now that you have it in-hand - do you think you could wear it doing little tasks around the house or is it something to be babied? Well, more than any diamond ring should be babied!
And if you would recommend, how would you alter it for a larger (or smaller) finger to keep the same "look" and coverage as on yours - would you suggest changing the sizes of the diamonds, or adding more in the large single/smaller duo pattern, or something else?

Cheers! It is truly a stunning creation 8)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1293082798|2804416 said:
Gypsy, I'm back for another gape :sun:

I have been thinking about getting my mum a 5stone, but I really think she would just adore a blingy, blinding piece like this! Since it sounds like it will be a BGD stock piece, perhaps you wouldn't mind fielding a few more questions for someone wanting one just like it one day :devil: :halo: ?

How thick is the band on the underside? You mentioned buying a quarter size bigger than you normally wear, are you glad you did?
How sturdy do you feel it is, now that you have it in-hand - do you think you could wear it doing little tasks around the house or is it something to be babied? Well, more than any diamond ring should be babied!
And if you would recommend, how would you alter it for a larger (or smaller) finger to keep the same "look" and coverage as on yours - would you suggest changing the sizes of the diamonds, or adding more in the large single/smaller duo pattern, or something else?

Cheers! It is truly a stunning creation 8)

Thank you Yssie. I'm not positive on the underside, bit if I had to guess 3 or 3.5 mm. Yes, I am ABSOLUTELY happy I ordered a slightly larger size. My other rings have 2mm shanks. My engagement ring is a 5.75 and my wedding ring is a 6. Each is comfortable singly, but when I wear them together (4mm total) I feel like I would be more comfortable with a 1/4 size up on each. Knowing each .32 is 4.4 mm and I knew the double 10 pointers stack to about 5mm I knew I needed a larger size. So I went to the store and compared the difference between the skinny sizing rings and the thick ones. It was about 1/4 to 1/2 size difference so I felt comfortable with ordering a 6.5.

It's VERY sturdy. I got platinum and I am glad I did because it allowed for more delicacy and fluidity where the prongs and the open gallery were concerned. But these are still tiny prongs, so I wouldn't wear it to clean, or shower or to sleep or to work out. But I do planning on wearing it outside of those activities pretty much all the time during the week. Ithink it will be fine.

As for different finger sizes, I would ask Brian about that. He is the one who decided on the ultimate point size on the diamonds. When I was in the process of getting the qoute I wasn't sure if the larger diamonds should be 20 pointers or 25 pointers or 30 pointers. And if the smaller diamonds should be 7 or 8 or 10 pointers. Or larger than that even. I just knew the look I wanted. I also wanted 30 pointers if at all possible for the large stones, just because I loved the size of 30 pointers in the fivve stones I had tried on. So I asked for that, and Brian figured the rest out and I knew that when we got to the first CADs I would be able to adjust the point sizes of the diamonds if I wanted to. It happens that I didn't want to because I liked the proportions Brian suggested. He is really the best person to advise you on how to keep the look you want for a different finger size.

If the finger size is considerably smaller, but the fingers longer (I have stubby fingers) than mine you might even be able to get way with three 30 pointers and six 10 pointers. But I have no idea if that would bear out, but I know Brian would.

I can't wait to see what you chose for you mom. If you chose this one, I can testify to the fact that it's a fun piece to wear.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info Gypsy.

I think she wears an 8, maybe 9, on the third finger, which I would be buying for. So it is bigger but I don't know that it's big enough to start adding patterns.. I reckon you are right about asking Brian once the Aurora is officially out for sale ::) I believe she doesn't particularly care for 'engagementy' solitaires/threestones, so I think this is a super mix of elegant and fun! And it definitely has a lot more presence than a 'regular' 5stone - even one with slightly larger stones. I do know that she likes high-karat yellow gold - which is obviously too soft for something like this so an especially rich 18k yg alloy may be something to inquire into as well... she is not one to baby her jewellery, though I imagine I can convince her to take it off for cleaning and dishwashing and walking the dog, so that is good to hear :))

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

I'm so happy for you!! It's beautiful :) Perfect!

And seeing the palm view it occurred to me that if you ever need to turn it around for safety reasons it will look just like a plat wedding band :)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful, congrats on the new bling.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Everybody was right when they did suggest you to buy the diamond band...it turned out to be beautiful, I' m happy to say I was wrong.
Merry Xmas!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
OMG Gypsy. It. Is. PERFECT. :love:

Total blinding blingage - check.
AGS0 crazy sparkly blingers - check.
Sculptural outline - check.
Cheeky milgrain - check.
Another gorgeous work of art inspired by a gorgeous lady - check.

I'm so happy for you Gypsy. You totally deserve this. And you care so much about every detail of your pieces, and it shows. I am so glad that BGD is able to take the image you have in your head and translate it into reality with such care.

Just remember when driving, my personal mantra: "Watch the road - not the ring!!!" :cheeky:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT Gypsy! Stunning is the first word that comes to mind. I love the milgraining, too. :love:

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy that's GORGEOUS :love:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That is one show stopping ring!!! :sun: :love: :love: :love: It's beyond gorgeous on you and the craftsmanship is perfect! Love love LOVE it!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very, very nice, Gypsy! The ring turned out beautifully. A very fine piece, and worthy of you and John and representative of your love.

I like the angles on the smaller stones. I'm thinking that they don't necessarily photograph really well, since the camera sits at just one position, but that when wearing the ring it must be a very nice advantage. You get more blingy actions as you are moving your hand and looking at the ring from the side. I am a round brilliant girl myself, and love the sparkle. With Brian Gavin diamonds, I know this ring is amazing.

Wear it remembering that life has its ups and downs, and prayers that this ring will help to bring you up every time you look at it. :appl: :appl: :appl:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I really, really love the finished product! You have such a great eye for design. There are so many elements that I love about the ring, but the standouts for me are the milgrain, and the placement of the stones, which are perfectly aligned. Enjoy it!!!!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. Bling!
This thing is gorgeous!
I love the concept!
Look at these diamonds, and the milgrain!
Bravo!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: WOW!!!!! Gorgeous Gypsy!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad it finally came together and is on your hot little hand! It looks gorgeous on you! Love the extra touches with the milligrain and the "step downs" from the sides of the diamonds...........Gotta Love that Bling! Wear it in Good health!!! :appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I feel like a schmuck because I've looked at your pics for 2 days and haven't commented. You are one lucky lady to own such a beautiful piece. Luv, luv, luv how it looks on you. Perfection.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1293073586|2804300 said:
Thank you Danny! I want to see your new ring too!!!

In January. Promise!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great, lady! Another successful project checked off the list! Happy holidays & congrats!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't see what you ultimately chose Yssie!

I didn't notice that until you said that Cehra. Great observation and thank you!

Thank you lkn!

Purplesilk, well they were all fun projects, so it was win/win! Merry Christmas to you too!

Eye on the road is great advice I forgot today. Fortunately, no fender bender. Thank you so much for your sweet words! Brian can definitely see into my head.

Thank you Zoe. Stunning is a high compliment indeed! I'm loving it!

LAlove, Thank you. The craftsmanship is great and I love it too!

Hi Flygirl! I'm so very happy with it. I just don't want to take it off. It's definitely amazing when I move it under the lights. Yeah, it's been a turbulent year, but it's ending nicely. We both got a nice piece at the end of the year, and I hope everytime you wear your Pearls you smile. Merry Christmas honey.

Thank you onedrop! I love all the details too.

Thank you QueenMum, I know you have a gorgeous BGD piece too. They are special.

Hi DT, I love your BGD band too (maybe as a RHR :Up_to_something: ). Congrats on your new bling as well!

Thank you Cushiocutnut, I like the stepdown bands and they are surprising comfortable. The entire band is. Thank you for the good wishes.

Matata, I've always adored your taste and your pieces, so having you like a piece of mine is quite lovely. I am definitely quite lucky.

Can't wait Danny!

Thanks Deco! Happy Holidays to you too!

canyongirl

Rough_Rock
It's gorgeous!!! Really gorgeous!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Gypsy! I've been looking forward to these pictures. It's phenomenal! :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Canyon Girl and Siamese Kitty. I have to get some better pictures up soon, but haven't had the chance. Will work on it tomorrow.

I owe you guys perspective shots.

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
:lickout: Gorgeous!!!! Xmas pics please :D !! ;-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunner to be sure--ohhh, well done! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you both. I promise I am working on new pics... I feel so guilty that I don't have any up yet!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
More pics?

Don't be shy....

:lickout:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Aurora band is absolutely gorgeous! Awesome decision to go that route!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rosetta, I left my camera at a friends house. I just realized that after searching high and low for it. We'll be back over there for NYE so I'll get some NYE pics then and post them.

Thank you very much Yimmers! I really felt like you guys helped me make the right decision!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results