shape
carat
color
clarity

My BFF is getting engaged! Can we help him find a ring?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel said:
Diamond zone makes pretty settings, but they are not meant to last, its really a better idea to get an antique platinum one that's a bit sturder of youre going to go the eBay route.

I was kind of wondering about the long-term durability of that setting. Little melee diamonds can fall out if it's not made super well, right?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel said:
Nvmd, I was thinking of someone else whoa on a budget

Yep, definitely on a budget!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy said:
Is there are reason he can't just paypal you the money as a gift and have you do the buying for him?

Might be a smarter move.

Possibly. But I doubt we will go that route because I'm Canadian and he's American... And gee wouldn't all of this be easier if he and I lived close to each other? Haha! :)

Hence the Skype hangout tomorrow.

He's an old friend from school. Love that guy!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
motownmama said:
That's a good idea. It IS a pretty setting. I haven't read every entry on this thread - where would he source the stone?

Maybe James Allen?

Trying to decide on a setting first, but he really likes the idea of buying an antique mount and setting a stone into it. I know that route has the potential to be cheaper, too.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pearaffair|1448202986|3952760 said:
Niel said:

I still mean buy a n antique setting over a diamond zone one, I had just found a ring that was a few hundred over budget. That never mind, the other advise, I still stand by

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel said:
pearaffair|1448202986|3952760 said:
Niel said:

I still mean buy a n antique setting over a diamond zone one, I had just found a ring that was a few hundred over budget. That never mind, the other advise, I still stand by

If it's only a few hundred over budget, feel free to post it :)

I'm in a position where I could give an early wedding present to help offset the cost.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news ? Did he get anything?

If not, there's lots of gemstone rings on sale right around 1600 on Julia B on etsy

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, thanks for the tip. My friend's grandfather passed away, so I think he's preoccupied right now. We talked about rings a bit a few weeks ago, but I think he's still in the "omg the jewellery world is so overwhelming!" phase. I will definitely update as soon as I have more info about which direction he'd like to go in. Thanks for the sale notification!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results