shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Beloved.

CoolKat

Rough_Rock
Oooooohhhhhh I missed all of these!

CONGRATS @mrs-b on your daughter & your yummy 3-stone ring to complete Beloved! Ohmyohmyohmy what a celebration in perfect timing to everything! Now the ring represent your daughter too! I love the symbolism that now there's three of you together as family (legally). WHAT A LOVE STORY INDEED! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooohhhhhh I missed all of these!

CONGRATS @mrs-b on your daughter & your yummy 3-stone ring to complete Beloved! Ohmyohmyohmy what a celebration in perfect timing to everything! Now the ring represent your daughter too! I love the symbolism that now there's three of you together as family (legally). WHAT A LOVE STORY INDEED! :kiss2:

Thank you so much, @CoolKat - both ring and daughter are all I could have ever imagined!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee -

Finally! I received my remade band yesterday - yay! The wraps line up beautifully and the whole thing looks awesome.

Here are a few photos of the entire finished thing: this set is DONE - and I absolutely love it!. With your gorgeous upgrade and remake also - I think...both of us have finished this part of our jewelry collection?

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee -

Finally! I received my remade band yesterday - yay! The wraps line up beautifully and the whole thing looks awesome.

Here are a few photos of the entire finished thing: this set is DONE - and I absolutely love it!. With your gorgeous upgrade and remake also - I think...both of us have finished this part of our jewelry collection?

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

@mrs-b you know I am such a fan of the simplicity of a gold band and this one does not disappoint! Love the look!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee -

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

BEYOND STUNNING!!! The whole look is perfection.
:love:I am confident that my next ring will be a 3 stone ring in yellow gold.
Swooning on yours!:wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee -

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

Beloved is just beautiful…I love the band with her. :kiss2:

Yes..I am also done..TG..It had become an obsession..

We are officially done…:bigsmile:

CoolKat

Rough_Rock
I cannot focus on the gold band, I am still drooling on the three stones! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
And I am loving the ferns!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b its glorious….Absolute perfection! <3

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Beloved is perfection and absolutely stunning! All I'm seeing are glorious diamonds! The band is luxurious and beautiful. Congratulations on your Beloved set!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the band! They are perfect together.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup! It’s just perfect!! Beloved certainly doesn’t need any distractions. The set is class personified. @mrs-b Enjoy her. every. single. day!! Be well! ❤️

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet another beautiful, classic @mrs-b vision has come to fruition :kiss2:

That is one set of pure joy and perfection!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking the unthinkable here....

I tend to wear Beloved alone, as she's a big girl and needs her space. But she still looks rather engagement-y. So....

I'm thinking 5 stone and ditch the band - which, frankly, you don't ever see anyway and adds nothing. I find her more comfortable to wear alone and I love the look of her alone (a band just detracts from her blingy-ness) - and I love 5 stone rings even more than 3 stone rings, but they're definitely into the anniversary/eternity territory, rather than looking like an e-ring. So. That's where I'm heading.

I think.

Maybe.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, fun! Well, fun for those of us in the "peanut gallery", at least! I love these projects where we can live vicariously through others' sparklies transformations. :clap: :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I tend to wear Beloved alone, as she's a big girl and needs her space. But she still looks rather engagement-y. So....

I'm thinking 5 stone and ditch the band - which, frankly, you don't ever see anyway and adds nothing. I find her more comfortable to wear alone and I love the look of her alone (a band just detracts from her blingy-ness) - and I love 5 stone rings even more than 3 stone rings, but they're definitely into the anniversary/eternity territory, rather than looking like an e-ring. So. That's where I'm heading.

I think.

Maybe.

I agree with you about wearing Beloved alone. I don’t like any bands with Emmy..my emerald cut diamond three stone. It does feel like I’m wearing an engagement ring..and not yet married. I finally found..in my stash..a very tiny..thin band to wear with her. It made all the difference. It’s a half band so I will probably get a full eternity for it but keep it REALLY thin. I gave up wanting to reset her..
I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Will you have enough room on your finger for a five stone?

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think.

Maybe.

I say do what you want. So what if she looks "engagement-y". You know you are married. I don't think it matters what others assume. I wear my rings on my left ring finger, some may look like I'm married, and I'm not. I don't care. At my age, I doubt anyone is looking at me anyway:lol:. Do what makes you happy and I agree, the band hardly shows, so why bother...unless your husband minds, and then I'd discuss with him.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Also on team "who cares what other people think". And team "doesn't look engagement-y to me"

If I saw someone rocking that Megawatt 3 stone on the street I'd never even bother to check for a second ring! I'd probably just assume it was an upgrade and alternative from the original wedding set. (E.g. Posh Spice and her 15 different "engagement" rings she never wears a WB with those).

The only reason I'd consider changing the set is like @Lookinagain said if it really bothered your husband that you wear it without a wedding band.

To be fair, the original Beloved solitaire would've looked way more "engagement-y" worn alone than this one :) lol

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be fair, I never care what other people think. I do care what *I* think, tho, and I think I'd love a 5 stone. So I'm thinking this will be the way forward. I'd love one side-to-side 5 stone ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, what size diamonds would you add? In some photos, it looks like there would be no room and in others, perhaps there is some space! Then, on the other hand, maybe you would rework all side stones. Just curious about your thoughts - interesting concept!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, what size diamonds would you add? In some photos, it looks like there would be no room and in others, perhaps there is some space! Then, on the other hand, maybe you would rework all side stones. Just curious about your thoughts - interesting concept!!

Hi there, @MissGotRocks :))

Part of why I'd do it is to reconnect it to my finger. The problem with a 10.4mm center is that it *has* to sit over 6mm off my hand (- in fact - more like 8mm from top of stone to finger). It's not as obvious in photos, but it definitely is in real life. That height is not ideal for me.

Since it's sooo far off my finger, and the side diamonds are very angled, the place the 4th and 5th stones would take is mostly vertical, rather than horizontal. They would reconnect the ring to my finger, which I'd like. It's not like they'd be perpendicular to my finger - you'd still see them - they'd just connect the row of diamonds more to my finger. And I'd like that.

But the main thing is that I really do want to ditch the band and just go with one ring. Beloved is so substantial, no band looks *really* good with her, and I love 5 stone rings even more than 3 stone rings. So I figure I could go all in and go side-to-side.

Here are a couple of (terrible - sorry!) photos I took just a minute ago (I am still, in fact, drinking the herb tea in the second photo!) - and I think it shows the issue. It's not a problem - it's just something I feel like I could change. The new sides would be roughly 4.4mm (32 points each), so there's actually plenty of space for them.

Anyway - we'll see!

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, @MissGotRocks :))

Part of why I'd do it is to reconnect it to my finger. The problem with a 10.4mm center is that it *has* to sit over 6mm off my hand (- in fact - more like 8mm from top of stone to finger). It's not as obvious in photos, but it definitely is in real life. That height is not ideal for me.

Since it's sooo far off my finger, and the side diamonds are very angled, the place the 4th and 5th stones would take is mostly vertical, rather than horizontal. They would reconnect the ring to my finger, which I'd like. It's not like they'd be perpendicular to my finger - you'd still see them - they'd just connect the row of diamonds more to my finger. And I'd like that.

But the main thing is that I really do want to ditch the band and just go with one ring. Beloved is so substantial, no band looks *really* good with her, and I love 5 stone rings even more than 3 stone rings. So I figure I could go all in and go side-to-side.

Here are a couple of (terrible - sorry!) photos I took just a minute ago (I am still, in fact, drinking the herb tea in the second photo!) - and I think it shows the issue. It's not a problem - it's just something I feel like I could change. The new sides would be roughly 4.4mm (32 points each), so there's actually plenty of space for them.

Anyway - we'll see!

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

Yes, the larger the stone the deeper the depth of course. We always consider the diameter of the stone when upgrading and somehow don’t think about the depth. Your plan is interesting and you know I am a fan of that plain band - even though I haven’t had one since my original wedding band - lol! It is 4 mm and I just don’t have the finger space for it and the three stone like I did with my first .78 solitaire. It is 14 kt. gold and my others are 18 kt. So there is the match factor too! But I digress. . .
Will be interested to see what you decide. As long as it would be comfortable, I am sure it would be beautiful! And of course, we are married through and through so a wedding band or sans doesn’t change that. Keep us posted!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the larger the stone the deeper the depth of course. We always consider the diameter of the stone when upgrading and somehow don’t think about the depth. Your plan is interesting and you know I am a fan of that plain band - even though I haven’t had one since my original wedding band - lol! It is 4 mm and I just don’t have the finger space for it and the three stone like I did with my first .78 solitaire. It is 14 kt. gold and my others are 18 kt. So there is the match factor too! But I digress. . .
Will be interested to see what you decide. As long as it would be comfortable, I am sure it would be beautiful! And of course, we are married through and through so a wedding band or sans doesn’t change that. Keep us posted!

My new band is over 4mm wide and VERY thick - no chance I can wear it with my Beloved. I wear a 2.8mm band with Beloved and that's all.

I wear the new band alone, mostly, or sometimes with my yellow gold diamond anni band, tho I'm having that ring turned into an eternity. But none of those things fit with Beloved - only quite a narrow wedder - which is why you can barely see it, and the bit you *can* see is just visually distracting and adds nothing.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mrs-b,

I got notified by email about this discussion :)

I think it would be beautiful without a band, as it is a larger stone. I never notice a wedding band unless it’s very large, so I don’t necessarily assume “engaged” if there isn’t one!

I can’t wait to see the final product. I also wear my ring without a band so I know what you mean about preferring the ring alone!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mrs-b,

I got notified by email about this discussion :)

I think it would be beautiful without a band, as it is a larger stone. I never notice a wedding band unless it’s very large, so I don’t necessarily assume “engaged” if there isn’t one!

I can’t wait to see the final product. I also wear my ring without a band so I know what you mean about preferring the ring alone!

Ahhhhh. Well, hmmmmmm! THAT gives me something to chew on! Thank you so much for chiming in, @allycat0303!

I received *this* CAD from DKJ yesterday (who are clearly moving WAY faster on this than I am!) and it needs tweaking, but the basis of it is lovely.

DK 74347-QUAD-10.jpg

I wouldn't do 6 prongs on the center stone and 4 on the sides. They would either be all 6, or all 4, with double prongs on the center stone. Also, the outer stones are 4.4mm, not 4mm, which is a noticeable difference.

But as a general idea.....

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhh. Well, hmmmmmm! THAT gives me something to chew on! Thank you so much for chiming in, @allycat0303!

I received *this* CAD from DKJ yesterday (who are clearly moving WAY faster on this than I am!) and it needs tweaking, but the basis of it is lovely.

DK 74347-QUAD-10.jpg

I wouldn't do 6 prongs on the center stone and 4 on the sides. They would either be all 6, or all 4, with double prongs on the center stone. Also, the outer stones are 4.4mm, not 4mm, which is a noticeable difference.

But as a general idea.....

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Yyaaasssss! I have the same level of side to side coverage with my 7 stone (smaller stones of course) and I love it, I know what you mean about wanting it to "connect with the finger".

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Looking good. Any preference yet on 4 vs 6?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results