shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Beloved.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the rounded edges are a major improvement! A softer more feminine look for sure - good call!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the rounded edges are a major improvement! A softer more feminine look for sure - good call!!

Thank you, MGR. It's a process, isn't it? I'm 'there' now, tho. There will be no more changes to the soli and the 7 stone. Still working through ideas for the band.

Klaus

Rough_Rock
Premium
Wow. These rings are stunning, full stop.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally received the Beloved matching band. They look stunning together. The band has just a smidge of detail and it elevates it beautifully. Together with the beloved soli, it's just perfect. <3

Here are a few photos from DKJ. Firstly, from the front:

DKPV2021___09__14____69035____69035-3.jpg

Secondly - from the back:

DKPV2021___09__14____69035____69035.jpg

And in profile:

DKPV2021___09__14____69035____69035-7.jpg

Here are a few very bad photos taken in poor lighting on a very overcast day:

20210916_132658.jpg

20210916_132702.jpg

20210916_132715.jpg

Utterly in love with these rings - not quite as much as with the man, of course - but it's getting close! I'm so chuffed to have rings so beautiful and will take photos that will hopefully do them more justice when the sun comes out in a day or two.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really like the bands rounded and shiny. Much prefer this look and am glad you do too!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Sweet. It is an example of how to do custom without getting complicated.

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A couple more - still in lousy light - because I'm obsessed and I can't help myself.

20210916_184247.jpg

20210916_184242.jpg

Such beautiful beautiful bands mrs-b! all of your pieces are so unique =)2!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @MissGotRocks. All taste is subjective, so there's no right or wrong on this. But I'm with you - I always prefer a softer look and hard angles in jewelry are never really to my taste. Took me a while to get there, but I'm happy where I ended.

@oncrutchesrightnow - I agree! And my taste tends to be 'a little decoration - not too much'. More than loads of frills and furbelows, I like balance and proportion and good, clean lines. THEN add a little decoration and you're good to go. I love these new rings, and I LOVE this new band. The wheels are spinning as to other things I might like to decorate in a similar manner..... :think:

Thank you, @EllenS1 - yours, too! Your collection just grows more and more lovely! And I think any good collection of anything is always heavily personalized and distinct to its owner. I'd like to think mine reflects my character and taste. I know yours does - in that it's very, very beautiful and obviously thoughtful. Even your small pieces are unique and unlike things I've seen before. Thank you for your kind comments. :wavey:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I loved the first iteration - but I LOVE the rounded shanks. It really is so fluid and I love how the wedding band is just slightly wider than the e-ring shank. Very thoughtful details and complement each other perfectly. :kiss2:

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
The detail on your wedding band are not small. They are tasteful and lovely. The whole set is gorgeous!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
The changes are lovely and now I really appreciate the platinum wraps in just the right location!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m late to the game, but everything about your post & pics is just beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @liaerfbv - I love it, too. :)) The width of the welder is the exact same width as the e-ring at the back. Since the e-ring is tapered, I had to pick a width and go with it, so I decided to go with the widest width for the wedding band. I'm happyI did - I think the balance is lovely.

Awwww @Mcgregor - you are always so kind to me! Thank you for that encouragement! This was originally meant to be a temp setting while I worked out my forever setting, but.....I don't think so. I think this is it. I love this ring - it's restful on the eye - detailed but not tizzy, y'know? I don't know if you saw the 7 stone ring I did in this same design? I'm doing a separate wedder to go with that one, too, with fleur de lys all the way around it. So I'll have 4 rings in the final beloved set. I love the look of them all and am now just wondering how to do matching earrings!! :mrgreen: There's really no end to this, because I keep thinking up natty designs I want to bring to life! I hope all is well with you, my friend. ox

Thank you, @mwilliamanderson! They really do line up ex-aaaact-ly! The wraps had to line up - and the fleur de lys on the back of each ring had to line up exactly as well. I'm sure those tiny details gave Amy at DKJ more than one headache!

Thanks so much, @the_mother_thing :wavey: When I was posting on your thread about the evolution of our engagement rings last night, I was scrolling through my photos and came across a photo I'd saved of your (roughly) 1.5ct OEC soli. I have loved that ring FOREVER! What a beauty! I'm glad you like my new rings - they really represent the development of my taste and the recognition of what I truly love. I'm very happy with them and hope to have them - unchanged! - for many years!! :bigsmile:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So unexpectedly today we had a little sun. I haven't hit the money shot as yet, but these are a little better than photos so far.

Firstly - all three on my finger. Basically a case of "I could so I did." I would never wear all three like this and in fact have a second band coming to wear with the 7 stone. But for now....I could...so I DID! :mrgreen:

20210918_160429.jpg

20210918_160403.jpg

20210918_155722.jpg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the whole Beloved set together. My word, they're beautiful and I'm so chuffed!

::)

20210918_155138.jpg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should also note that there's one more coming. I wore all three together for these photos, but I'd never do that in real life, as the balance isn't right between the three of them. I'm having a plain band with fleur de lys decals running all the way around it, and I'll wear that with the 7 stone ring.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh @mrs-b!! These are the ultimate glamour shots! They brought a lot of joy and sunshine to a pretty bleak day here today, thank you!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Love em all as usual. Imho they look great together. Less precise, more organic, but still classic.

Curious… do you have any lighthearted stories about people admiring your rings in real life?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dandi - you are so welcome, sweetheart! I'm glad you like them. How is lockdown going? *Is* it still going where you are, or are you 'out'? Sending you big hugs!

@oncrutchesrightnow - 'organic' is ALWAYS the benchmark for me with jewelry. Between you and me, they were never supposed to be flat and angled - that was a bit of miscommunication. So I'm glad we got there in the end and DKJ handled the remakes with their normal patience and good grace. Bless them! As for 'precise' - these were ACHINGLY difficult to make match! That whole 'matching 100% without looking overly tortured' thing is SO difficult - there were HOURS of thought that went into their creation!

I don't have any particularly humorous stories about people and my rings, but it's IS understood that when I go to my local diner after getting something new, I let the ladies who work there try them all on and enjoy them for a few minutes. We're roughly the same ages and they appreciate nice jewelry, so whenever I get a new piece I take it in at breakfast time before they're too busy, and let all the ladies have a 'play'. I do find people talking to my finger rather than my face on occasion. Most recent example was my doctor last week, who was talking - most eruditely - but no eye contact whatsoever. In the end, as she was talking, I just took it off and handed it to her. She segued seamlessly: "So I think it's important that you do the blood tests and have them find out if....oooohhhhh - I've been staring at that since you walked in!" Made me laugh. :))

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dandi - you are so welcome, sweetheart! I'm glad you like them. How is lockdown going? *Is* it still going where you are, or are you 'out'? Sending you big hugs!

@oncrutchesrightnow - 'organic' is ALWAYS the benchmark for me with jewelry. Between you and me, they were never supposed to be flat and angled - that was a bit of miscommunication. So I'm glad we got there in the end and DKJ handled the remakes with their normal patience and good grace. Bless them! As for 'precise' - these were ACHINGLY difficult to make match! That whole 'matching 100% without looking overly tortured' thing is SO difficult - there were HOURS of thought that went into their creation!

I don't have any particularly humorous stories about people and my rings, but it's IS understood that when I go to my local diner after getting something new, I let the ladies who work there try them all on and enjoy them for a few minutes. We're roughly the same ages and they appreciate nice jewelry, so whenever I get a new piece I take it in at breakfast time before they're too busy, and let all the ladies have a 'play'. I do find people talking to my finger rather than my face on occasion. Most recent example was my doctor last week, who was talking - most eruditely - but no eye contact whatsoever. In the end, as she was talking, I just took it off and handed it to her. She segued seamlessly: "So I think it's important that you do the blood tests and have them find out if....oooohhhhh - I've been staring at that since you walked in!" Made me laugh. :))

We went back into lockdown yesterday. I've generally been pretty stoic and accepting of lockdowns and cancelled events, and try to be the one that keeps others upbeat and cajoles them through...but that strength is waning. I'm probably going to be redeployed to ICU in the coming weeks, as our hospital ICUs are filling with COVID patients on ventilators. Apologies for being a downer on this beautiful thread, but your pics brought me happiness when it was needed most!

I'm super excited to see your new band, I'm such a sucker for bands, even plain ones! They're perfect in their own way. I love the FDL motif on all of your rings, they are tiny, flawless works of art. So a band sprinkled in them will be beyond divine!

I had a good giggle at your interaction with your doctor, too funny :bigsmile:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went back into lockdown yesterday. I've generally been pretty stoic and accepting of lockdowns and cancelled events, and try to be the one that keeps others upbeat and cajoles them through...but that strength is waning. I'm probably going to be redeployed to ICU in the coming weeks, as our hospital ICUs are filling with COVID patients on ventilators. Apologies for being a downer on this beautiful thread, but your pics brought me happiness when it was needed most!

I'm super excited to see your new band, I'm such a sucker for bands, even plain ones! They're perfect in their own way. I love the FDL motif on all of your rings, they are tiny, flawless works of art. So a band sprinkled in them will be beyond divine!

I had a good giggle at your interaction with your doctor, too funny :bigsmile:

Big hugs to you, my friend. Sending you strength and joy from across the miles. ox

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
@Polished1911 - after your awesome suggestion, I ended up having *this* made to go with my 7 stone ring. It's only in production now, as I keep tweaking - but I think it's going to be lovely. :))

DK 69035-QUAD-29.jpg

Yaaaaas!!!!!! I’m so excited! My apologies for a late reply. Life has had me way too busy :cry2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yaaaaas!!!!!! I’m so excited! My apologies for a late reply. Life has had me way too busy :cry2:

I'm so glad you like it, @Polished1911! It really was you who inspired this idea - I had -zero- thoughts of doing another ring before you suggested it. Even tho I didn't go down the path of a ring for my DH, I LOVE the idea of having a Beloved ring in this set which will a) go with my 7 stone ring, but b) - and more importantly - look substantial enough to wear alone. It won't be huge - but it will be 3.3mm wide, which is significantly more substantial than my regular 2.8mm band. And the detail will be wonderful. :)) I hope to have it next week, and will post it here as soon as it arrives!

Thank you again! :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also - will probably get the soli and its matching wedder soldered together. I *always* wear them together, and even tho they stay lined up more than you'd expect, I'd like them to be exact. I *never* thought I'd be someone who soldered their rings together, but for this pair, it just makes sense.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results