shape
carat
color
clarity

my baby spinel

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to set a baby spinel I once bought from Lisa. I chose an ETSY artisan which is not known to me. She seems to be very nice, easy to communicate with, already started working at the ring. I shall keep you abreast and post pics of the ring when it is ready.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to remind myself and everyone else how it looks...

CRbabyspin111.JPG

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
The baby spinel is great, but I like the baby in your avatar better.

What exactly are you going to do with it?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi crasru! I like the reddish spinel. Do you have a thread to it?

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great colour.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2010 1:12:48 AM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy

Ditto, very cute kitten!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2010 1:12:48 AM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy

You mean, what do I plan to do with the kitten?

Well, set it and wear on my pinky finger, of course! So...what do you think, white gold or yellow gold?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can not believe it! I mailed the stone out to her on Saturday 12th, she started working at it even before she received the payment, and today she is shipping it over to me!

Here is her picture.

CRspinelring111.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Great ring!!!! ... Is that 18k or 20k or higher? My monitor makes it looks like such a rich color.

I attended a gathering over the weekend and the wife of one of my husband''s co-workers is orginally from Thailand. Her husband was working in Cambodia (I think) when they met and married and she was wearing an incredible heavy chainlike necklace and pendant that she received as a wedding gift from a friend. I asked her about it (of course) and she said she thought it was 22k and the color of the gold in your ring (on my monitor) reminds me of the gold in her necklace.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2010 1:50:43 PM
Author: crasru
I can not believe it! I mailed the stone out to her on Saturday 12th, she started working at it even before she received the payment, and today she is shipping it over to me!

Here is her picture.
Very nice!! It reminds me of a 16th century piece. Very reminicent of that period in jewelry design.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous piece. I recognize the artist; the work ethic, the ring setting and the photo background all fit. I hope that you like the piece. I''m very happy with my rings.
1.gif

A different ring from this artist. Doesn''t that marble slab look familiar!
35.gif

peridot12748.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I can hardly stand it!!! Both great rings, who fabricated the settings and set those stones? I hope the mail gets to your place FAST!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely! I've seen her work before on Etsy too and really liked it. I hope you like it in person just as much. Adorable kitty too!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty ring. Well I will guess since I am thinking about using this artist. Janish Jewels?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love high karat gold with red spinels and yours seem to mesh just as well. Did the vendor provide any profile views? BTW, I''m cracking up over the kitten/flash photography.
9.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Cindi, it is Jill Anish (Janish Jewelry). The reason I kept silent was because I did not feel at liberty to advertise someone's work here till I saw it with my own eyes. I was really amazed at her punctuality and, as mentioned earlier, work ethics. She seems to be a fine artisan yet she definitely does not suffer from "star sickness". Another person who worked very fast was Peter Lees. Pernilla from Aurum Argentum was reasonably fast. All other jewelers kept my stones much longer.
She seems to bezel nicely, too. Maybe I shall try my liquid flower next.

FlyGirl - is your ring a combination of gold/silver? How does it work together?

And, Chrono, specially for you...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Semi-profile shot. Her granulations are done very well.

CRspinring222.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at this thread...You know what I think? Spinel is fine, but it seems that my kitty stole the day. Should I call her Spinel? I never had a kitty named after a stone.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
The finished ring is beautiful Crasru and the clusters are unusual, I have never seen that feature on a ring design before.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a lovely ring (& kitty!)
2.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Ring looks good!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the sides are totally enclosed (tube)? The bottom (underside) is open? The base of the setting is the flared out portion?

Crasru, because of your picture, I’m very tempted to use my new kitty as my avatar too but she’s not as cute as yours.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just to clarify, I pulled that peridot ring photo off of Jill's Etsy site Link because it shows the two tone she does, as well as being a similar shot of the ring compared to crasu's new beauty. That ring doesn't belong to me.

Now, Jill has made two rings for me from my stones, my star rose quartz cab in gold Link The sunstone uses a combination of silver and gold. The ring is fine so far. I like the sturdy feel of the shank in the silver. The gold ring has a much thinner shank (to save weight and therefore $$$, I'm sure), but I'm not hard on my rings, and it has been fine.

OregonSunstoneRing9707.JPG

Here is my shot of my silver and gold Oregon sunstone cabochon ring set by Jill.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I yet have to see if she closes the back of the stone.
Fly Girl, I might have gotten her name from you. (You have a thread about her setting). Or from Arcadian - she has this list of Etsy vendors that I would like to peruse as much as I would like to play with her gembox... Whoever it was - thank you!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to tell you - I need some time for the photos, but the ring is everything that I have expected - and then some! Granulations are done very professionally, ring is small but very visible, spinel looks great and in general, Jill is higly recommended.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 5:50:29 PM
Author: crasru
Wanted to tell you - I need some time for the photos, but the ring is everything that I have expected - and then some! Granulations are done very professionally, ring is small but very visible, spinel looks great and in general, Jill is higly recommended.
Excellent. Looking forward to your pictures.
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to tell - the spinel is a very bright Tanzanian from Lisa E. My photographs may not be the best for the design because I tried to capture the color - it is "unbelievably gorgeous" red.

crspinring333.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The previous one looked very bleak when downloaded to PS website...It was very bright in my pics.

CRSpine444.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results