shape
carat
color
clarity

my baby spinel

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is in darker room, but the camera focused better and you can see the "clusters"

CRSpin121.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one showing the workmanship

CRspinring555.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2010 1:22:36 AM
Author: crasru
Another one showing the workmanship
I think this one shows the granulations and clusters better

CRspinring999.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not know how this one will look like on the website...

CRspinring888.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I''ll try to make more in-focus photographs. The ring is small, so you have to focus either on the work or on the color and total impression. I chose the color and total impression

CRspinring1414.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alltogether, it reminds me of a well-known story about a kid who decided to sell most known street product to make some money, buy a condo and move away from his parents'' house. Only he never made any money because he was the main consumer, too...

Well, here it is. I planned to sell this ring to someone I know in Russia. But when I showed it today to girls at my office they said I should not do it because it looked so "incredibly red...like nothing else" (they never saw a spinel in their lives). So, here I end with the ring I planned to make money on and I shall never part with it!

I shall collaborate with Jill Anish on other projects. As to Lisa...Lisa, can you hear me? Get me a bigger spinel like this! Please! Pretty please!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru,
It looks like the bezel is totally enclosed? So only the back is open? I love the high karat bezel and will keep Jill in mind for future high karat gold projects.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, really reminds me of a very old antique piece of jewelry. Great design.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty ring! The setting is just perfect!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful, looks so good on your hand also. Great results all around. I have a Burma red spinel at 1.5 ct I bought at the Tucson Gem Show and after seeing your result, plan to use 22 kt gold, just gorgeous. The design looks to me like Etruscan pieces I''ve seen...

No kitty shot with jewelry? Please?!?!?!?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to thank all of you, fellow PS-ers, for supporting me in this new endeavor (working with Etsy artisans). I have to go back and see who led me to Jill and specially thank her/him.

Chrono - it is all enclosed, including the back. Lots of gold!

StonieGirl - I posted a thread on my kitten in the Hangout in response to irish_brazen_hussy. (Sorry if I misspell it - it is totally new to me, I had to look it up in a dictionary). It is her posting, in fact.

And for some reason, Lisa's stones do not photograph halfway as well as they look in real life. This one is reddy-red, clean and very, very sparkly!

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Lovely piece. Sometime, if possible, I''d very much like to see an underside view of the ring.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2010 5:41:55 PM
Author: Rockit
Lovely piece. Sometime, if possible, I''d very much like to see an underside view of the ring.
Ye-es! And it also fluoresces! I''ll try to make pics in the evening! Wo-ow!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, now a picture with fluorescence. Since I had to do it myself in a dark room, it is not the best view, I have better pics but this one shows the most vivid fluorescence

CRspinrinfluo123.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results