shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My AVC set in Steven Kirsch rose gold Casablanca setting!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
I am so thrilled to be able to post my own BLING for the first time on this thread! This diamond is my 50th birthday upgrade and ended up being a diamond upgrade, a new setting and ultimately new wedding band to match! I have a lovely husband and thank God we only turn 50 once! Here is my original thread for all the details!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-custom-avc-project-is-about-to-begin.220145/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-custom-avc-project-is-about-to-begin.220145/[/URL]

My stone is a custom cut August Vintage Cushion from GOG. I cannot, like others, say enough good things about Jonathan and his staff as they are just cream of the crop, wonderful people and I love them and trust them like family! I had originally placed my order for a 2.10 VS H-J stone and ended up with an AGS Triple OOO 2.50 Carat VVS2 L! While I "gave" a little on color, I GOT A LOT in carat size!! And to tell you the truth, I never DREAMED I would ever have a 2.5 carat stone and now with it being set in the rose gold, platinum lined basket that Steven created for me, I am simply over the moon! The L color not only doesn't bother me, I ADORE IT :love: :love: :love:

Steven Kirsch and Sandra were also amazing to work with BTW, and his judgement and design acumen are flawless. He is now making my matching 3/4 eternity wedding band, so I should have that in a couple/few weeks :apple:

I, again apologize for the poor iPhone photos, but I just can't beat the auto downloading of the photos which I just don't get with a real camera. I am a MAC/Apple fan after being a DIAMOND lover! :love:

img_12097.jpg

img_12098.jpg

fullsizerender_25.jpg

img_12099.jpg

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Re: My AVC set in Steven Kirsch rose gold Casablanca setting

BTW, for those considering a lower colored diamond, I had previously been concerned about being "color shamed" when I brought my diamond into regular jewelry stores because while they are used to poorer cut stones, they typically have higher colors. Well I am so excited to share that I have already gone into 2 very nice jewelry stores by me because I wanted to see if I liked a plain wedding band or if I wanted an eternity band with my new ering and the staff in BOTH stores went CRAZY over my AVC! None of them thought anything of the color and all were so beyond curious over the cut and fiery brilliance of the AVC diamond. One lady said she was convinced it had to have been fake when she walked up to meet me because it was "insane!" I just thought I would share, since we live in the age where "Orange is the New Black" and in diamonds, J through L's are the new G's through H's! :appl:

img_12100.jpg

img_12101.jpg

img_12102.jpg

img_12103.jpg

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

:appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: Gorgeous!!! Happy Birthday!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW!!!! Beautiful!!! Everything about it is stunning! Happy Birthday!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Simply GORGEOUS :love: :appl: Happy Birthday! So happy you love your AVC and SK setting, now that's a ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG It is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Happy Birthday to you!!! :appl: A perfect gift for a perfect (if I do say so myself hehe) age. :appl:

Your ring is perfect in every way. :love: Chunky goodness in rose gold perfection!

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is gorgeous! Happy 50th! It only gets better!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Both the stone as well as the setting are absolutely amazing :love: :love: . That stone is a dream and I love love love the open gallery in the ring. Steven did such a great job.
Thanks for sharing your experiences during this great adventure. Enjoy wearing your beautiful ring. Please post more pics and I am also looking forward to see your wedding band. :appl:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I love it! Thank you for sharing your story, it has been a lot of fun following your journey! Looking forward to seeing it with the matching band..! :appl: :wavey:

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock

Lainey, it's GORGEOUS!

I'm so glad you decided that you not only can live with an L, but that you actually love it! I really think the AVC and the OEC's distinct facet patterning justifies prioritizing size over color.

Do you mind me asking, what's your ring size? And what RG did SK use? 14K? 18K?

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock

AprilMay|1467751794|4051747 said:
Lainey, it's GORGEOUS!

I'm so glad you decided that you not only can live with an L, but that you actually love it! I really think the AVC and the OEC's distinct facet patterning justifies prioritizing size over color.

Do you mind me asking, what's your ring size? And what RG did SK use? 14K? 18K?

Thank you AprilMay! What a great way to state it! I am a 4.75 and SK used 18K rose gold :wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock

That looks great! I'm so happy it all came together so well for you. It's always a fun project when it turns out even better than you expected. I'm a fan of rose gold (that's what my wedding band is) and I think your stone cut and color really complement the warmth of the rose gold. Just superb!

Thanks for sharing your adventure of this 50th present with us! :wavey:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Omg, this is such a dreamy ring!! [emoji7][emoji7] I love the way it looks as if the basket just floats effortlessly... Happy Birthday and congratulations on your beautiful new upgrade!!! [emoji512][emoji322]

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock

Lorrissey & Mayk - Thank you for your complements and kind birthday wishes!!! :appl:

Bright Ice - Thank you!! I have read so many people on this site being so happy with their rings over these last many months and I just hoped that I would be as happy in the end. I am so relieved and thrilled, beyond thrilled to BE THRILLED because I am truly happy and feel so so lucky to have such a beautiful ring on my finger. :love: :love: :love:

Missy - You are so sweet! Thank you for your complements and YES, 50 is perfect! That is until next year, LOL :angel: Each year is perfect as long as we can grow in grace and kindness with each one, right?

Queenie - Thanks Queenie! That is great to know and a great attitude to have!!! :appl:

Acinom - Thank you! I love the open gallery too! I only had the 3 SK website pics of the casablanca to go off of there were questions I should have probably asked that I didn't know to ask. The original ring on his website, I believe has a cup and I realized (over the weekend) after I placed my order with Steven. He, being brilliant, realized from our conversations that I didn't want that cup but I freaked out for a solid 12 hours thinking I was going to get it by accident. What I learned from working with Steven is 1) communicate as best as you know how up front and 2) step back and relax because he's AMAZING! I thought about asking him to pave the donut, but I didn't want to raise the cost and/or ruin his design concept - but sure enough, SK must have read my mind because the donut came with pave' :appl: He's really brilliant.

ACA - You have been so sweet throughout my entire journey! It has been quite a ride and I still can't believe this diamond ring is on my finger!!! I really am still in some level of shock :o Thank you for all your kind words and complements!

Thank you M-2-B! I am a busy girl getting to post on all these threads! LOL I am on cloud 9 :angel:

Awe thank you MSOP - Your complements make me feel so good!!!

img_12104.jpg

img_12105.jpg

img_12106.jpg

img_12107.jpg

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock

SirGuy|1467754498|4051762 said:
That looks great! I'm so happy it all came together so well for you. It's always a fun project when it turns out even better than you expected. I'm a fan of rose gold (that's what my wedding band is) and I think your stone cut and color really complement the warmth of the rose gold. Just superb!

Thanks for sharing your adventure of this 50th present with us! :wavey:

SirGuy - Thank you! I just went back and read your proposal story and it is so sweet! Complements from a true romantic! And your mother raised you right!! LOL Funny, because I keep having my 15 year old son look at my diamond and I tell him "this is what you want to get your future wife and he is so sweet and just smiles! LOL But in reading your story, it is adorable to see how he might grow up to be an incredibly romantic young man! Congratulations on your marriage :appl:

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Everything about this is amazing!!! Happy birthday, what a way to celebrate!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is simply beautiful! It was quite a journey but I am sure that now it's on your finger it was well worth it!

Congratulations and enjoy your gorgeous ring for many years to come - can't wait to see what you decide about a band!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yippee!!!!! :dance: :appl: :dance: :appl:

You already know I ADORE your amazing AVC and its stunningly perfect meant-to-be home!! :love: :love: :twirl: :love: :love:

It's wonderful to see your journey come to fruition in such a beautiful finale. Happy 50th to you sweet Lainey!! I hope the years bring you much happiness and many sparkly adornments!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! That's an amazing setting!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats!! The ring and diamond are both stunning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is SO gorgeous, Lainey!!! :love: The rose gold setting is just fabulous with the AVC! I am so happy that this process ended with such great results for you! :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gah!!! Lainey your ring is nothing short of spectacular! I love the gorgeous floating basket! You are such a sweet lady, happy birthday to you. :appl:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

Beyond beautiful! I wouldn't have been able to picture an AVC in my head with that type of setting, but seeing yours is really eye/heart opening. Also love the basket so much. Just overall gorgeous! Happy Birthday, too!!

Eauphelia

Rough_Rock

That ring is an incredible beauty, congrats!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well done Lainey!!!,congrats!.. :appl:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful - love the close up shot of the diamond.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous. Just stunning. I so wish I could see that ring IRL. Congratulations! Wear it in much health and happiness.

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock

dollyanjuli|1467758105|4051780 said:
Everything about this is amazing!!! Happy birthday, what a way to celebrate!!

Thank you so much Dollyanjuli, I appreciate your complements and birthday wishes! :appl:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock

JDDN|1467761966|4051803 said:
Yippee!!!!! :dance: :appl: :dance: :appl:

You already know I ADORE your amazing AVC and its stunningly perfect meant-to-be home!! :love: :love: :twirl: :love: :love:

It's wonderful to see your journey come to fruition in such a beautiful finale. Happy 50th to you sweet Lainey!! I hope the years bring you much happiness and many sparkly adornments!!!

OH my Sweet JDDN!!! Where would I have been without you on this journey!!!?? :appl: :love: :angel: :appl: :love: :angel: Thank you for your kind words, your support throughout this whole process, and most importantly the friendship this whole process has inspired!

Thank you for your sweet wishes for future sparkly adornments too!!! :appl: YAY for more of those!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results