carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Art Deco Chunky Cushion Ring!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 12:32:52 AM
Author: Skippy123
Wow, what a GORGEOUS GORGEOUS stone and ring. I am in love!
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks skip, coming from you that means a lot! The other day I was looking up antique pieces and I came across your lovely pin and swooned once again, what a beautiful keepsake! Hope all is well with you gal!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:56:07 AM
Author: bebe
I really like that. I am just warming up to chunky faceted stones - love this one!
It took me a while to warm up to the chunky stones as well. I acutaly started out liking the crushed ice look, then ideal rounds, etc. Now I love them all LOL!!!

By the way, I think you have one of the most incredible and beautiful rings on ps! The leon setting is simply divine!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhhh WOW, K!
30.gif
It''s absolutely beautiful. I love the faceting on that cushion, and the setting is just to-die-for. What a great find. Thank you for sharing!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:25:00 AM
Author: Ellen
Oh k, it''s gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Wow, I love it, I''m jealous!
9.gif

You picked a real beauty, and it looks just perfect on your hand! Wear it in good health!

Did I mention how gorgeous it is??!!
Aw, Ellen thank you so much gal! I''m really happy with the one I picked out, although I would probably be saying the same thing if I picked one of the ruby rings. They were stunning as well and in the end I really had a hard time and just went with my gut.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:22:07 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
KC, that ring is gorgeous! The diamond looks like a fireball and I live the color of the sapphires!!!

This is first old cut, no?

Wear in love, good health, and much happiness always!!!
Hi Grace, I''m so glad you chimed in!!! I drool over your website at least monthly LOL!

Yes, David believed this to be an older stone, but the setting is actually a modern reproduction. Unfortunately, he didn''t know a lot about the origin of the stone, but he did believe it to be an old stone.

What are your thoughts or on the stone or any info you could guess? I''d love to hear from you what you think of it, positive and negative!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning, I agree. I love the chunkiness, and yet the ring is so delicate as well. Seriously love it. Thanks for sharing!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/13/2009 2:08:00 PM
Author: kcoursolle

KC, that ring is gorgeous! The diamond looks like a fireball and I live the color of the sapphires!!!

Hi Grace, I''m so glad you chimed in!!! I drool over your website at least monthly LOL!

Yes, David believed this to be an older stone, but the setting is actually a modern reproduction. Unfortunately, he didn''t know a lot about the origin of the stone, but he did believe it to be an old stone.

What are your thoughts or on the stone or any info you could guess? I''d love to hear from you what you think of it, positive and negative!

Honey, I cannot see any negatives on your ring! I just absolutely lurve it! Its scaled beautifully and the setting appears to be nicely done. The diamond appears very lively and bright and as everyone already commented, it sits beautifully on your finger
3.gif
3.gif

krockie

Shiny_Rock
Love! That blue is so brilliant, and I love that look!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
that is marvelous! I love it!!!! the cut of the cushion really reflects nicely with the blue!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh k, that little chunky monkey is beautiful! and that blue is so dreamy! Have it resized asap.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:41:07 PM

Date: 2/13/2009 2:08:00 PM

Honey, I cannot see any negatives on your ring! I just absolutely lurve it! Its scaled beautifully and the setting appears to be nicely done. The diamond appears very lively and bright and as everyone already commented, it sits beautifully on your finger
3.gif
3.gif
Aw, thanks grace! As an old stone expert this is wonderful to hear!

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 1:59:27 PM

Date: 2/12/2009 11:15:57 PM
Author: mausketeer
Wow - really pretty! I love the invisible set sapphires (if that''s what they''re called?) And girl - you could be a hand model, really! I''m dreading my hand shots (told my co-worker she''d have to model it for me when the time came - LOL)

congrats on a lovely ring! (and your engagement of course)

- Jodie -
You know, to tell you the truth I''m not sure if they are still considered channel set or if they are invisible set. Either way, I love this look and calibrated sapphires like this are hard to find. I just don''t feel it gives the halo the same look using round sapphires, I don''t like the gaps as much.

Thanks for the compliment about my hands (blushing). The nice thing about having small hands is that everything looks pretty large on them! I''m sure your hands are lovely, and besides I have to admid that I really only focus on the jewels when I''m looking at these threads LOL!!
Oh man, I actually have kinda stumpy "short girl" hands (only 5 feet tall). LOL. My friend (the future hand model) is Filipino, so she has such a lovely skin tone and pretty tapered fingers (like yours).

Hmm, I don''t look at the hands so much as I compare the ring size to the size of the stone and wonder how big or small it would look on MY hand! (like you, I''m lucky that whatever stone I get will be a nice size on my finger.)
9.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a beauty! I am not always fond of the deco jewelry but yours is just gorgeous. I love the big, chunky facets!

Wear it proudly, it looks beautiful on your hand.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 5:57:36 PM

Date: 2/13/2009 1:59:27 PM

Date: 2/12/2009 11:15:57 PM
Wow - really pretty! I love the invisible set sapphires (if that''s what they''re called?) And girl - you could be a hand model, really! I''m dreading my hand shots (told my co-worker she''d have to model it for me when the time came - LOL)

congrats on a lovely ring! (and your engagement of course)

- Jodie -
You know, to tell you the truth I''m not sure if they are still considered channel set or if they are invisible set. Either way, I love this look and calibrated sapphires like this are hard to find. I just don''t feel it gives the halo the same look using round sapphires, I don''t like the gaps as much.

Thanks for the compliment about my hands (blushing). The nice thing about having small hands is that everything looks pretty large on them! I''m sure your hands are lovely, and besides I have to admid that I really only focus on the jewels when I''m looking at these threads LOL!!
Oh man, I actually have kinda stumpy ''short girl'' hands (only 5 feet tall). LOL. My friend (the future hand model) is Filipino, so she has such a lovely skin tone and pretty tapered fingers (like yours).

Hmm, I don''t look at the hands so much as I compare the ring size to the size of the stone and wonder how big or small it would look on MY hand! (like you, I''m lucky that whatever stone I get will be a nice size on my finger.)
9.gif
Your friend sounds like she could easily be a hand model! I compare the size all the the time as well! I did it with DeeJay''s eternity band because she has a similarly sized hand and a killer eternity band that feasted the cravings for my 5-stone ring.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My DH was sitting beside me while I was perusing this thread--then I went to the ebay site where you bought it from. He loved your ring and thought the vendors "prices" were really good! hahahah I guess you can teach an old dog......

BTW I think you should size it for your middle ringer--RH. You have beautiful hands and it woudl look cool on that finger...

cheers--Sharon

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning! I adore it.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! One of most gorgeous antique ring I''ve seen on PS~~
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 12:44:58 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

My DH was sitting beside me while I was perusing this thread--then I went to the ebay site where you bought it from. He loved your ring and thought the vendors ''prices'' were really good! hahahah I guess you can teach an old dog......

BTW I think you should size it for your middle ringer--RH. You have beautiful hands and it woudl look cool on that finger...

cheers--Sharon
Now why I am not surprised that your DH was happy the vendor was "inexpensive?" Isn''t that just the way guys think?! I''m thinking about just wearing it on my middle finger, I''m starting to feel attached to it there. I think I still may get it re-sized for my ring finger though just to give it a little more presence on my finger.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 2:50:28 PM
Author: grapegravity
BEAUTIFUL!!! One of most gorgeous antique ring I''ve seen on PS~~
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats!!!
Wow! What a compliment, thank you so much! I hope you start a thread with the diamond in your avatar, or if there is one let me know I''d like to read about it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 5:25:06 PM

Date: 2/14/2009 12:44:58 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

My DH was sitting beside me while I was perusing this thread--then I went to the ebay site where you bought it from. He loved your ring and thought the vendors 'prices' were really good! hahahah I guess you can teach an old dog......

cheers--Sharon
Now why I am not surprised that your DH was happy the vendor was 'inexpensive?' Isn't that just the way guys think?! I'm thinking about just wearing it on my middle finger, I'm starting to feel attached to it there. I think I still may get it re-sized for my ring finger though just to give it a little more presence on my finger.
HI:

Ya, it connotes "relief"......hahahaha

cheers--Sharon

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The miligrain looks so fine and perfect. Congratulations on your new ring!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Finally! Someone who chooses elegance over carat size...
3.gif

It is truly an inspired choice and believe me, it will look even more sensational on the smaller ring finger. And you do have pretty ''model'' hands.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I am late to the party - but holy cow! I LOOOOOVE it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I have been on the hunt for a similar ring with rubies... but those sapphires are killer. ENJOY! Yummylicious!

You also have the most beautiful hands!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 7:21:00 AM
Author: Addy
The miligrain looks so fine and perfect. Congratulations on your new ring!
I love the milgrain on this ring too, it is so fine which I love! I don''t like milgrain that is big and chunky!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 12:01:00 PM
Author: DiamondFlame
Finally! Someone who chooses elegance over carat size...
3.gif

It is truly an inspired choice and believe me, it will look even more sensational on the smaller ring finger. And you do have pretty ''model'' hands.
Aw, you are so sweet! Thank you for the compliment about my hands. I love love love the size of this ring. I actually picked it over another ring that had a larger stone just because this one spoke to me more. Luckily everything looks large on me, so this is just fine.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 1:01:29 PM
Author: k9muttlover
I am late to the party - but holy cow! I LOOOOOVE it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I have been on the hunt for a similar ring with rubies... but those sapphires are killer. ENJOY! Yummylicious!

You also have the most beautiful hands!
Thanks gal! I''ve also loved this style for ages and have enjoyed the finished hunt! Call me an enabler, but the vendor has one of these in rubies. The other one already sold...so if you want one....

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Your ring. It is beyond gorgeous. I am in love with it.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 3:09:34 PM

Thanks gal! I''ve also loved this style for ages and have enjoyed the finished hunt! Call me an enabler, but the vendor has one of these in rubies. The other one already sold...so if you want one....
It''s one of the ones I have been watching. Can I ask you - did you see the ruby ones in person?? I am sad I didn''t buy the one he already sold - I''m secretively hoping they return it but I doubt it.
2.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results