shape
carat
color
clarity

My Appointment with Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely love it!!!!!!
35.gif
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
goobear - any updates on a jeweler? I just read through this entire thread and wanted to say I think you made fabulous choices - both with deciding not to go with Leon and with the cushion sides!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 10:11:30 AM
Author: geckodani
goobear - any updates on a jeweler? I just read through this entire thread and wanted to say I think you made fabulous choices - both with deciding not to go with Leon and with the cushion sides!
Yes, I''d like to know too who you''re going with! Looking forward to seeing the end product.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
I guess this is my moment to eat crow or what not, but I actually ended up going with Leon. I know, I know, don''t shoot me. LOL. I was determined not to use Leon after my first meeting ended up so badly. I was really upset at what he said about my stone,and I know some it of it was because of where I got it, but the fact is he''s just used to really really big stones and he''s not afraid to say so. Tactless, yes, but truthful in his line of work. Also, the more I looked at other work, got quotes and the like, I knew that Leon was the one for me. It also helped that he apologized and I took him at his word and I got over it. He wasn''t trying to hurt me, but I was also very emotional after having my ER & WB stolen.

And he had the best idea for the ring. He was the one who suggested a 3 stone setting and he was the one who suggested I get the sidestones from Mark if I could. Which surprised me given the tension in the past. Otherwise he''d get them for me. And he was right, the three stones are beautiful and I''m very happy with them. Mark as always, got two beautiful stones.

Since our first disastrous meeting, I''ve meet with Leon twice and he has been very polite and professional then. He''s still his gruff and opinionated self, but I''m not looking for a friend, but an amazing finished product and Leon will do that with flying colors. I''ve been able to reach him on the phone and he took his time answering my questions and concerns about the ring. I''m very glad we both gave each other another chance.

So it looks like I am really the final product type person. I should have my ring in 6 weeks. I''ll be sure to post it on the boards and give a full and fair evaluation of my entire process. Hopefully it will all go smoothly for the rest of this process.

I want to thank all of you for your kind words, help and support. I wouldn''t have been able to make my decision with out them. I probably I would have just went off, gotten a ring I didn''t like and been sorry. SO thank you all very very much!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think you made the right choice. For me, I can deal with whatever comes along with it as long as I get the best product at the end. Leon's work is beautiful and I would have went with him in a second. It isn't my choice though.

By the way, I looked at the photos of your diamond again and I am pretty darn sure it is the one I saw. The diamond is so much more beautiful in person (not that it isn't pretty in the photo).

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Thank Charmypoo! You know, I''ve found it very difficult to take good pictures of diamonds. Who knew it would be so hard? LOL.

Any news or developments on your setting? I''m really interested to hear about it!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Yay, goobear! It sounds like you put a lot of thought into it and came to a decision that''s right for you. I''m glad you gave Leon another chance. The ring''s going to be beautiful! Congrats.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
That''s CDN, I did give it a lot of thought - probably too much if you ask my husband.
1.gif
I contacted just about everyone listed in this thread, got quotes or met the designers. And in the end, like I said, Leon won out. But after waiting so long to make a decision, I don''t know if I can wait 6 more weeks for my ring. LOL. Oh well, just got to wait!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Maytal didn''t really like my ideas and my boyfriend removed me from the process. He wants to design it without any input. I think he is still waiting on Maytal to respond.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:47:20 PM
Author: goobear78

That''s CDN, I did give it a lot of thought - probably too much if you ask my husband.
1.gif
I contacted just about everyone listed in this thread, got quotes or met the designers. And in the end, like I said, Leon won out. But after waiting so long to make a decision, I don''t know if I can wait 6 more weeks for my ring. LOL. Oh well, just got to wait!
I hope he can make it within his time frame so you don''t have to wait too long. I would assume this is a busy time of year for him.

I apologize if you''ve mentioned this already and I''ve missed it but are you getting Leon to make your wedding band as well? If yes, have you decided on a style?

I have a custom white gold eternity band FI gave me for my birthday a few years back and I''m debating on whether I should have Leon reset it in platinum and make it my wedding ring.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
I thought about having Leon do a simple plain platinum wedding band, but decided to hold out and wait for an anniversary so that I could get a Leon designed eternity band maybe with cushions from Mark. Hey a girl can dream!
3.gif

Leon is not a big fan of people wearing two of his rings together - one as and ER and one as a WB. He told me (and I''ve read form other posters) that he prefers his rings to stand alone. So when I talked to him about the eternity band he suggested wearing one at a time or one on the right hand and one on the left. But hey ,what he doesn''t know won''t hurt him. LOL. And I''ve got to wait a while till I can afford what I want. I do have a plain WG WB That I''ve been wearing since my original was stolen. It''s not fancy at all, but it''s nice.

I''m sure he would do a lovely job resetting your eternity band in platinum if he does resets. I''m not sure if he does, but I know it would be killer! Got any pictures of it?
30.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the cushions Mark picked out and am excited to see the finished product. I''m happy you''re in a comfortable place now with regard to this whole ordeal. Hopefully soon you''ll have your new ring and all the negativity will fade into the background.

Can''t wait to see the pics!
1.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Hey goobear - when is your ring going to be ready! I need to start a count down.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Hi goobear

I have been following your thread-congrats on making a decision. Doesn''t it feel great!!!!

I just wanted to say that I also have a Leon 3 stone (RB) and I bought the Tiff knife edge WB and it looks perfect with my ring. I also have a Leon pave band that I alternate with, but I love the knife edge it adds the look of a set, but it does not take away from the 3-stone at all.

I can''t wait to see pics and I hope the 6 weeks goes by super fast.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girlie-girl, I''m in a good place about it and I''m excited to get the finished product!

CharmyPoo - Leon told me about 6 weeks. So since one week has passed, that leaves 5 more to go.
6.gif
That takes me to what? Christmas? Yikes, how am I ever going to wait that long?

Also - sorry to hear Maytal didn''t like your designs, that''s a bummer, but really cute that your boyfriend wants to design it for you. I''m sure it will be lovely. You''ve got such a killer stone any setting will look gorgeous!
3.gif

Kasey3 - thanks for the congrats. I did feel great to finally make a decision and stop obsessing over it. You rings sound lovely! How lucky to have two Leon rings. Do you have any pics posted?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
What was the design process like? Did Leon draw up sketches for you?

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
With Leon''s talent and wonderful eye your ring will for sure be gorgeous. I am so happy that you were able to find a solution that you are happy with!

Mrs.2Artists

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 11:19:01 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
What was the design process like? Did Leon draw up sketches for you?

Well, most of the design process was left up to Leon. He did two brief sketches to explaining two different setting. Not really much else. I think that''s because I''m getting the "classic" three stone design. The only thing I really asked about was the height of the stone. I also chose single claw prongs and asked that they be as thin as possible. The rest was left up to him.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info. I was just wondering how different custom designers go through the process. It is so wonderful to see all the CAD drawings in advance. I would be happy with a sketch too but I guess a lot is just left up to descriptive words.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I agree, it is a lot to leave up to the designer. Honestly, I don''t think I would have been so comfortable about it without Leon''s website and PS. Being able to see the final product helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results