shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT my antique diamond/sapphire engagement ring!

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
hi all! i''ve been lurking for a while, of course, but coming across what is possibly the perfect wedding band today prompted me to finally sign up so i can get opinions!

without further adieu, here she is (website photo):

frenchblue1.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s such a beautiful, unique design! It''s absolutely breathtaking - congrats!

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
handshot and some fire!

frenchbluehandshotsunfire.JPG

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
another handshot, indoors - bonus points to anyone who can identify the book!

frenchbluehandshotbook.JPG

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, it is so lovely.

Book is Harry Potter and unless I am mistaken it is number 6?

ETA: Scratch that I think it is number 7

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
sorry that was so big, i meant it to be big but not that big!

finally, here is the wedding band in question. i had resigned myself (even before deciding on the e-ring) to having a solitary wedding band on my left hand and the e-ring on the right, but i found this today at a local antique jewelry shop! what do you guys think? while i do looove it, i''m a little worried it''s all too flashy, or it might detract from the e-ring...but i do love it. opinions, please.

[my hands don''t usually look that pudgy...i wear a scant 5!]

frenchbluehandshotwithwband.JPG

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Harry Potter? Don''t ask me which one!

Anyhoo, I love the ring! Please tell us more about the setting, stone, and the perfect wedding band
1.gif

I adore antique styles and yours is fab! Congrats
2.gif

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
thank you brow eyed girl!

and deelight, you are correct!! unfortunately all you win is the label "as big a nerd as frenchblue" - but can you identify the chapter? :)

last one for now (crappy iphone pic)

frenchbluehandshotwithwbandphonepic.JPG

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
thank you akmiss!

she is a fay cullen acquisition. i know!! i didn't come across this board until after the purchase was made, but i'm so glad we went with them! actually, today at the jewelry shop, they loved my ring and insisted on cleaning it for me, and while checking it out under magnification, gushed about how perfect the setting was and how beautifully it had been restored.

the diamond is an OEC, .70, H SI1. i've seen it under magnification and all i can see for inclusions is a couple tiny bubbles and a very very small feather. no dark spots at all. i know that for what we paid i could have got something bigger and brighter....but i couldn't have ended up with this "piece". it's entirely unique and i love that it is antique.

umm...other info: the sapphires are medium blue color, "French square-cut" that total 0.56ct, and the other diamonds total 0.12ct and are H-I SI1 OECs.

the presentation measures 12mm across and 5mm high.

ETA: and duh, it's platinum

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your setting!!!! I''ve admired these types of settings for a while now on fay cullen. Someday I''m going to own a RHR along the lines of this or with rubies.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
I LOVE your ring!!! I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT!!!
The wedding ring is perfect with it, but can you wear it on its own? Or does that part not matter? I always thought that the fitted curvy styles can''t be worn on its own, but I may be mistaken.
Anyway, it looks perfect together!

That''s the chapter at King''s Cross! I forgot the name of the chapter. Yay, I am nerd queen!

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
you are correct, nerd queen!! :)

no, i could definitely not wear it on it''s own. it''s an antique, and i think it might have been made for a big 3 stone ring. what i really like about that is that because it''s not a perfect "shadow" in design, it''s only actually touching the basket in 3 very small spots, which is good because whenever i''d considered a band for the ring i got worried about wear on the basket, it''s got really delicate detail.

i was thinking i could eventually get a straight band of some sort for an anniversary or something for when i''m tired of wearing so much finger coverage (will that happen?) but i do really want to keep the e-ring on my left hand and so i think this and maybe the straight band down the line is the way to go. the extra band adds some nice weight too, my e-ring is so delicate and light sometimes i have to touch it with my thumb to make sure i didn''t forget it on a sink or something. the band is white gold, btw, but, i think the metals are fine together.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Keep those pics coming!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Wow - very hot! Truly unique. Lovely on your hand!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 3:55:21 AM
Author: frenchblue
thank you brow eyed girl!

and deelight, you are correct!! unfortunately all you win is the label 'as big a nerd as frenchblue' - but can you identify the chapter? :)

last one for now (crappy iphone pic)

Beautiful wedding band as well :D

woohoo.gif
I will take that title any day ;-)

I am pretty certain (this is without checking my books) that it is one of the final chapters when Harry is at Kings Cross station - I could be so off the mark here LOL

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
That wedding band is absolutely perfect for your ring. It''s such a unique lovely set.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Your engagement ring is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE IT!!!
30.gif

I know it''s personal preference, but I adore it all on its own without a band. However, I think the band does compliment the ring nicely, so it''s really what you prefer.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love it, it''s gorgeous!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love the ornate look to your ring. Beautiful!
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOODNESS, I absolutely LOVE it. It''s so gorgeous and I also love the wedding band with it. It makes a spectacular set!!!
30.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s a really pretty set. Looks kinda royal.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! I love your e-ring and the curved band. That is so awesome. Unique and beautiful! What a great set. I cannot say enough about it! GORGEOUS

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so beautiful, congrats!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your set is gorgeous! What a lucky find that wedding band is!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only posted once before,several years ago. But I have to tell you that when I saw your ring I actually gasped. It''s beautiful and I love the band!

Congratulations!

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
wow!! thank you to everyone for all the compliments! sometimes i worried that i picked something that might look juvenile, or i might not want to wear every day, that i should have just gone with a solitaire of some sort...i mean, i will tell you, it definitely does not "go" with everything. but i DO want to look at it all day every day, so i don''t really care! *maybe* that will wear off eventually, and i suppose that''s what getting a plain band is for.

anyway, i have some questions:

- how against wearing a platinum ring against a white gold ring are you?

- does anyone ever get a second shank soldered to a ring when there''s a large basket for the illusion of a wedding band? this is appealing to me at a 1 on a 1-10 scale: it would be nice to have the look of a wedding band having slid right under there, but, oh! the sacrilege! also, no option to wear it "by itself"...but i am curious if anyone has done this.

- am i mistaken in thinking that a curved ring that only touches the basket in a few small spots is better for wear? it won''t put extra pressure on those spots and wear them away, will it? (here are a couple more pics of the basket c/o fay)

frenchbluebasketside.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, your Ering is beautiful!
30.gif
LOVE it. Wow.

And I really like your band with it too! What a unique set. Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results