shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT my antique diamond/sapphire engagement ring!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, what a magnificent ring! I love the color, the proportions, the whole package! To answer your question ... I would be a bit leery or rubbing at 3 points than I would be about a fitted shadow band or an evenly curved band. I could be wrong, but it seems like the pressure would be more evenly distributed with a band that had contact with the ring all along. That said, I''d bet the amount of wear, period, would be minimal ... I wore a WG band with my platinum setting for 6 months or so, and I didn''t notice a thing. Check on it regularly, and if you notice any scratches, polish it and retire the band, or wear it with a spacer. In the meantime, enjoy your set!

P.S. - Your doggy looks like a charmer.
21.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous e-ring and band!!!
36.gif

K9

Brilliant_Rock
OK - first I must add that I LOVE YOUR DOGGY!!!

Second, I personally would not wear white gold with the vintage ring - I have no scientific reason why, other than I would be afraid of the wear to the platinum. Especially your beauty!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
wow. Your ring is seriously stupendously stunning!!!!!!!! I''m in love.

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
thank you everyone! k9muttlover your dog is a cutie too.

so a quick google search tells me that platinum is more likely to wear down gold, but i don''t know if that''s the case with something like this where the detail on the basket is .5mm (or less) thick.

motownmama, unfortunately that''s the only detailed pic of the wband i have (was taken at the jewelry store). i don''t know if this is helpful at all but here''s a closeup where they''d touch.

(also, is there a forum/thread more appropriate to question-asking like this?)

thanks guys!

frenchblueringbandwear.JPG

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
whoops!! sorry about the size of that! i thought i''d cropped it but apparently i''d just cut out background...

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I REALLY think you''ll be OK with the metals touching. Perhaps a jeweler will chime in.

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
that''d be cool, in any case i will ask at the store when we go visit the band today, it wasn''t something that had occurred to me until later that day.

some more pics just for fun

frenchblueiphoneandringbox.JPG

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
i call this one "redundant"

frenchblueiphoneandhand.JPG

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
actually so was the last one....so we''ll just call it a series.

"redundant 3"

frenchblueiphoneandhand2.JPG

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
(i couldn''t find my camera for a while so i was taking pics with the iphone...and then i found my camera
1.gif
)

frenchblueiphonehandshotandring.JPG

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh, Frenchblue, I think its gorgeous!!!!

Congratulations on a beautiful ring and your engagement!!!

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
the cutest ring pillow ever (she''ll be our ringbearer, although we won''t have the blind dog walk down the aisle with rings on her head
25.gif
)

frenchbluedoghead.JPG

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
non-ring-related, one last one of the ringbearer

frenchblueringbearer.JPG

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Stunning and unique - it looks absolutely FANTASTIC on your hand!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:56:06 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I think the e-ring is just beautiful!!! However, I wil tell you honestly that I think that wedding band takes away from the e-ring. I think I''d try a thin straight diamond band or get a wider diamond band like you mentioned earlier and wear the e-ring on your other hand.
Ditto.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore those rings - what a beautiful, unique set!!!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is gorgeous! congratulations!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your pooch!! She is just adorable!!

On to the ring.... OMG!!! I''m SOOOO jealous it''s the most gorgeos thing ever!! I don''t know that I could wear that wedding band with it though. Not because it doesn''t look ok, but because that ring deserves to stand on it''s own IMHO. It''s just too beautiful to share finger space!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love everything about your ring, that is absolutely gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just stunning--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I adore your ering! What a stunning design! I''ve got to agree with the few that feel that the wedding band is almost too much - it seems to detract from the design of your ering, IMO. I''d go with a thin band, or just wear it alone. I think your ring is substantial enough to hold its own without a wedding band.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is a fantastic piece of art! I am absolutely in LOVE! Congratulations!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
WOW! that is simply fabulous!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
congrats on your engagement and beautiful ring. it''s so stunning and elegant! i adore antique rings...they''re so unique and intricate. i love your doggie too! how adoreable is she?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my stars! It''s stunning. The band goes well, it''s like a sliver of the moon.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a quick google search and found some jeweler sites that say that wearing platinum next to gold will eventually cause wear on the gold. Found 3 sites that said that. Hopefully your jeweler will be able to advise you. Have you thought about having a custom band made?

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
thank you to everyone for the compliments!!

turns out, i''d underestimated the importance of matching bands to my FI, so my flower will go live on my right hand after we''re married. i don''t think any kind of straight band will work with it on my left...maybe one day in the future i''ll pick up a nice curved number for special occasions but for now we''re on the hunt for a platinum band we both like.

and just fyi, it does seem that the consensus is that in general, platinum will wear down gold - however, in this case, because the detail on the gallery is so fine, there would likely be some wear on the e-ring too.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring. It''s so delicate:) Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 5:51:03 PM
Author: frenchblue
thank you to everyone for the compliments!!

turns out, i''d underestimated the importance of matching bands to my FI, so my flower will go live on my right hand after we''re married. i don''t think any kind of straight band will work with it on my left...maybe one day in the future i''ll pick up a nice curved number for special occasions but for now we''re on the hunt for a platinum band we both like.

and just fyi, it does seem that the consensus is that in general, platinum will wear down gold - however, in this case, because the detail on the gallery is so fine, there would likely be some wear on the e-ring too.
I think that is a good plan. I''d hate to see wear on that beautiful ring, and it certainly can stand alone. Another idea is to get a thin band that matches your FI''s, and then it could be stacked with a sapphire or diamond band!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results