shape
carat
color
clarity

My Annette U Prong 20 pt, 3.6TCW from WF looks bad...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no, I hope it is a quick fix!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree...it is too large a setting for the size diamonds set in it, that is for sure. I am sure those settings come in specific sizes, and if they didn't have a size that was an exact fit for the size stones you wanted, it would have been good to have been told that at the outset. Clearly the stones in the one on the website fit perfectly.

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
This is the version on Whiteflash website: WFwebsiteversion2.jpg

wfwebsite_version.jpg

wfwebsiteversion2.jpg

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
WFwebsite%20version.jpg

Another picture from Whiteflash website for comparison.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry Icy - it's a hassle, but yes, you should expect that they will make it right for you!

It does look like a bigger setting was used. I'm also wondering, though, if perhaps the extra metal is normal right after casting, and somehow your ring missed the final polishing step that would get rid of the excess metal and round everything out and soften everything up?

I hope it's the latter - it seems that would be a pretty quick and low-hassle fix, vs. remaking the whole thing!

ETA but the holes look bigger to me, too, and I'd assume that indicates a bigger setting...

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you check to see if anyone is on live chat at WF? Maybe you can keep trying this way to get in touch w/ someone asap!

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Diamondseeker, I feel the same way too. I think they should have told me that they didn't have the right ring frame in stock if it was the case. The I would have waited longer.

Originally, Traci from Whiteflash said it would take 6-7 weeks for the ring to be made and I wasn't happy about the long wait especially since I'd already had to pay the full amount and it seemed that Pricescopers had their custom rings made in 3 weeks. I pointed this out to Traci and she came back to say that the ring can be made in 3 weeks. I was happy with that but in actual fact the ring was made in less than 2 weeks. I placed the order on the 11th or 12th June.

I don't know if they rushed this because I asked for the wait to be less than 6-7 weeks. I was told it would take 3 weeks to make and it took not even 2 weeks to complete and send it out to me. Should I have waited 6-7 weeks as they originally estimated? In any case, I'd rather have waited for the ring I paid for than this that they shipped out.

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your input. I find your critical input and empathy really helpful.

I am now trying Livechat to see if anyone can respond. Thanks for the suggestion Mom2Boys. :)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOAH - Those are like the prongs that ate Pittsburgh --or Annete, as the case may be.

Can't wait to hear what WF says about this.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Wow. The diamonds are stunning but those prongs... whoa. I feel like I've read about WF doing this a few times before. Sending the final product pictures and shipping the item out before getting an "OK" from the client. If WF would hold off until the customers have given the all clear to ship, the inevitable headache of returning the item would be avoided.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief that looks like a CAD, but with the flower shots you would think it is the final product. Best wishes for getting it resolved to your liking!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is 8:30pm there now - so probably not.

I am confident WF will do right by you and fix this. I'm sorry it needs fixing, though! As Feb says, if they'd held off on the shipping it'd have been a lot less hassle all 'round.

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
:lol: :lol: Deejay!

Feb03Bride, I just want to get this sorted. I had no idea that Whiteflash had shipped without getting approval before in the past either. I always read good reviews about Whiteflash on Pricescope so I'm hoping that they'll make this painless as possible and address and amend the issue. :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
um... yikes. That's a colossal heart breaker, when you are expecting one thing and receive another. I'm sorry Icy, that you have to go thru the shipping wait, then the resending and fixing wait. I hope, like Yssie says, it is a quick fix and you get your ring back quickly. Geesh... maybe Traci's 6 -7 weeks included the error for shipping and resetting! Is she clairvoyant?? :lol:

(ok, I'm kidding, but it is a total bummer.. chin up tho because they will fix it and make it right - stay positive!)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
How upsetting!! I hope that it all get corrected quickly for you! It looks like it will be an amazing ring once the prong issues have been addressed! :love:

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
As much as I am upset about the ring, I have to say that the sense of humour and kind thoughts shared on this post are making me smile and chuckle so thank you everyone. :D Fingers crossed that Whiteflash can intervene and recall the shipment and save me the hassle of dealing with customs+tax and freighting it back to USA.

I just hope that Whiteflash can see this ring is not what it should be and amend it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am quite sure they will correct it. This just looks like a cast setting to me, and therefore it may not be made to the exact size of your diamonds. It is just like all the diamond jackets that are popular now..they come in sizes to fit .5, .75, 1.0 cts., etc. and stones in between aren't going to fit as well.

What did you customize other than the larger stones?

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Hi Diamondseeker, I customized the stones only. So instead of 10pt stones, I went with 20pt stones. :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm gobsmacked! Irrespective of how long it did or didn't take to make, they have standards to uphold and that is not good enough. I'm sure they will rectify this for you!

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
Early in the thread, you state that since it's customized, you'll be stuck with it. No, I don't think so. With a custom order, you're entitled to get what you ordered and paid for. If this is not it, it should be reworked, or you should be refunded, custom or no.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gawd - that thing is hideous! I can't honestly believe that they'd SEND that to someone! What is going on at Whiteflash? I think they should pay for the entire cost of the return as it is UNREASONABLE to expect you to accept that ring after *ordering* based on the pictures of their previous work. TRAVESTY.

Good luck getting this resolved asap. Believe me -- they'll have a PS ****storm on their hands unless they fix that monstrosity ... FAST.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, it looks like a cog! :-o
I think whiteflash should wait for a reply from a customer before shipping a custom order, especially to Australia or other far places. I'm hoping they will rectify this for you. They should cover all postage and apologise profusely.
On the upside, the diamonds look fab! I hope that when it is all fixed and on your finger, it's beauty will make you forget the awful feelings you're having now. Good luck, and keep us updated. :))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wondering if the original is a stock setting from a casting house like Unique Settings (you can see a US engraved on the inside of the band in the pic you posted), and WF's copy just looks much different.

I don't like to say anything negative about what people have purchased... but since this was NOT supposed to look like this and it's obvious that they can do a better job... WTH were they thinking? That looks like cr@p and I don't see how that THING is going to reflect well on the company if people google WF e-rings and that THING comes up in an image search.

How did that even pass QC?

misssoph

Shiny_Rock
If it is on the way to Australia have you decided whether to pay the customs duties and have a look at it or will you get fedex to turn it straight around and back to white flash without looking?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
To put it simply: Dude, that's just wrong. :errrr:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
misssoph|1340344204|3221658 said:
If it is on the way to Australia have you decided whether to pay the customs duties and have a look at it or will you get fedex to turn it straight around and back to white flash without looking?

You can do that??? Oh... that would totally be my strategy! by the time it arrives in Aus for you, you will have connected back and forth with WF regarding what you ordered (custom to your specific stones) vs what they sent (which if that photo is YOUR EXACT ring... that is NOT custom to your stones) and after those conversations - phone/email/live chat - there will be a plan in place to return it. I completely agree that with their error at possibly not filing or finishing the prongs properly, they should eat the cost of the shipping charges. There should be no cost to you on this - as it is certainly their error.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I hope this gets straightened out for you!

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
misssoph|1340344204|3221658 said:

If I can do that, that would be the best option for me at this stage. I have yet to speak with Traci from Whiteflash so I'll be staying up till late to get a hold of her. I am hoping that Whiteflash will just recall the shipment and take it from there. It seems on Fedex tracking that the item hasn't left USA yet. Hoping that I can get in touch with Traci before the package leaves USA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results