shape
carat
color
clarity

My 9.47 ct blue sapphire needs a setting. Any suggestions?

ingrid518

Rough_Rock
Re: My 9.47 ct blue sapphire needs a setting. Any suggestion

minousbijoux|1360783996|3379306 said:
Ingrid: welcome and please don't spend any time feeling badly about being new to this! Just think of what you now know and will be ready to buy next time! Oh, yes, and be careful because it is an addiction and there is no cure.

Hello minousbijoux! yes it is addicting and very expensive indeed... good thing business here is picking up as I can for buy nay hoard more tiny little precious. Btw, the sapphire is my 2nd gem buy. The first one is 3 1ct aquamarine. :)

ingrid518

Rough_Rock

TL|1360814455|3379754 said:
If you're worried about the window, perhaps a heavy gallery will help disguise it a bit, although it may darken the stone. If you want a secure but more dainty setting, I would go with platinum, which may be more costly, but it will be definitely more secure, or even a platinum head only if you want some gold in the look. I would also do double prongs since it is a large stone, and that helps to alleviate the chance it might fall out of the setting.

Hello TL,

can you show me a photo of what you mean about "heavy gallery"? Yes, the double prongs is a must since it is a big stone. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Note that the gallery has a lot of embellishment, thereby enclosing the pavilion of the stone quite a bit. This is what is meant by a heavy gallery. On the plus side, it helps hide the window. On the minus side, it also darkens an already dark toned stone.

mpbasket1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results