shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 4.5ct ERD U-prong Eternity Band!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks OC Mom! I think we could start a club around here with these bands :)

Thank you Amy, Sparkly and Diamonds!!!

Thanks Thrill, I'm really getting used to the thickness of the band on my RHR. I tried it on my left hand the other day and it was a bit uncomfortable. I'm sure that's how it felt on my right hand when I got it but I'm already used to it. I don't really find my pinky or middle finger getting dented/marked up from the ring, I guess I don't press my fingers together all that much.

victoriouslegion

Rough_Rock
In the midst of a debate going with Mark's or with Yekutiel's. Curious to hear what your thoughts are on the specific quality of diamonds -- and how do they stack up versus your other diamonds? How's the cut? Would love as much detail as possible, please. About to make a huge investment one way or another.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Victorious! I'm thrilled with the quality of diamonds Mark hand selected. I used my H&A viewer and I can see arrows in every stone. They sparkle like mad. I have ACA's from Whiteflash - they are .31 each (earring studs) and these diamonds from Mark compete neck and neck with the ACA's. They are also very white (G's) and totally eye clean (VS2/SI1) I'm so happy I chose Mark. I also really loved the fact that the setting was not stock, it was CAD/cast be ERD.

IDJ's pricing is incredible however they quoted me 16 stones for a size 6.75 (25 pointers) and Mark quoted me 18 stones (also 25 pointers. Because he was using CAD he was able to fit 2 more stones into the ring. So I got 1/2 carat more in my ring from ERD for not much more $$.

I was willing to pay more for Mark's "eye" when it comes to diamonds, this ring is going to be an heirloom that I'll wear for the rest of my life and I wanted to get it 100% right. I'm very happy with my decision :bigsmile:

Good luck with your decision and be sure to post lots of pics! :bigsmile:

victoriouslegion

Rough_Rock
Thank you for a fantastic, full, and fast reply!! My goodness, I thought your piece was absolutely stunning, and between us and whoever else is reading... your piece was one of the primary reasons I reached out to Mark earlier! If I end up going with Mark, I hope he can deliver the same kind of monster beauty he delivered on your behalf. I will keep you updated!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
You're very welcome, glad I could help! I'm so glad my thread inspired you to contact Mark. I know he'll create a beauty for you too. What size stones are you looking at going with? Can't wait to see what you decide. Thanks again for the compliments :bigsmile:

victoriouslegion

Rough_Rock
Hey there -> 40 pointers! Still waffling between Mark and Luann, but I have emails out, I'll hear back from the folks tomorrow. It's a huge investment, but I've waited coming up on 20 years to make this purchase, so I admit I'm a little nervous either way. I will definitely keep you updated.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh la la! That's quite a beauty :love:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Victorious - can't wait to see that big honkin' 40 pointer band! :love:

Thanks Snickle! :bigsmile:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Good things come to those who wait. Congrats! :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscher_girl|1332209508|3152529 said:
Victorious - can't wait to see that big honkin' 40 pointer band! :love:

Thanks Snickle! :bigsmile:

ditto. can't wait to see this band victorious :)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I love, love, love your new band ! It's stunning and such a classic look. This is on my "must have" list. Thank you for sharing your beautiful ring. Mark is indeed wonderful to work with, I bought my center stone from him.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hi Asscher_Girl - not sure if you will find this but I'm wondering what you ended up doing with your ring regarding the sizing. Did you just keep the sizing beads or did you re-size?

I just got my eternity band (well, it arrived and I tried it on but it's being put away until our 5 year anni) and it is also a tad big. I like the idea of it having a bit of extra space in case I swell or get chubby or preggo or something, but thought maybe sizing beads would make it feel a bit more secure.

Anyhoo - thought I'd check with you!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Muffdog, it's funny that you are asking because I just started chatting with Mark today. I still think it's too big/sits up too high as it is (with the sizing beads) so I'm going to have it reset into a low basket setting. Ever since I saw this ring -https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-eternity-ring-arrived.181339/ I've been thinking about resetting it to this type of setting. I'm also going to reduce the size just a bit. No matter what, my ring will be a bit big once over my knuckle but I can still have it made a bit smaller than it is now and once it's set lower it won't stick out as much against my other fingers.

I haven't finalized anything with ERD yet but I'm hoping to get everything going within the next week. I'll be sure to post once I receive my remake.

Although I love the u-prong I just think for my fingers it sits up to high and they just feel so much bigger than they are since there's extra room between the U's.

Did you get a U-prong or basket setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results