shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3.16 EC with Leon's French Cuts and Strong Blue Fluor!

EC4me

Rough_Rock
Thank you to all the wonderful PSers whose postings have helped me immeasurably while I was working on this project for my 25th wedding anniversary. Most especially, I would like to thank mimi72 and her inspiring thread on her Leon ring. I wouldn't have had the nerve to forge ahead without seeing her beautiful pictures and learning from her experience! After reading that one of her incredible double claw prongs broke off after only a few weeks, and knowing that I am a complete klutz, I decided to modify the design and go with sturdier (I hope) single claw prongs.

Also, I would like to thank Acinom for encouraging me to post a SMTB thread on my ring. It's been a little bit of a tough crowd here lately and I wasn't sure I wanted to subject myself to the critiques of my ring. Hopefully, the pictures will help someone else who is considering french cuts.

I also have a couple disclaimers:
- I took all the pictures with my phone (Samsung Galaxy)
- My fingers are a little puffy because I ate Chinese food the night before!
- I forgot to clean the ring before I took the pictures

Specs:
3.16 ct. Emerald Cut GIA I VVS2
Table 63%
Depth 67.6% (but a 14.5% crown!)
9.52 x 7.10 x 4.80 mm
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Fluorescence Strong Blue (woohoo!)
Ring Size 7 (ugh!)

Here's the strong blue fluor and some fire! More photos are on the way!

_26789.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: My 3.16 EC with Leon's French Cuts and Strong Blue Fluor

Oh my word, what a gorgeous ring!!!! :love: :love: Man, what a beauty--congrats on 25 years!! Love it. :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is beautiful! Keep the pics coming... :cheeky:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It's absolutely beautiful and classic! Congratulations on your 25th anniversary!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Congrats on 25 years! Enjoy your gorgeous ring :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Uhm... This must be fabulous extravaganza ring day. Thank you for sharing your ring candy. What a beautiful beautiful ring. I am glad you posted it: a ring like this should not be anonymous.

I do hope you will not leave us hanging here with 1 (ONE) photo :naughty:. One hundred will do. So looking forward to admire your handshots. Did Leon source the center stone for you or was it your own. It's a beauty!! EC's look great framed with frenchies.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

EC4me, it turned out beautifully! One of my favorite parts of the design is the graduated sides. They really showcase the emerald center. Enjoy it!!!

~SS

EC4me

Rough_Rock

I loved the facet pattern in this diamond from the moment I saw it and I knew it was the one for me! The french cuts are so luminous and I feel so thrilled to have this ring! Leon really is a genius!

zoomed2.jpg

zoomed3.jpg

zoomed5.jpg

zoomed6.jpg

kellydean

Rough_Rock

Absolutely stunning ring!! Enjoy!!!!! if you don't mind could you tell me how long this process took from start to on your finger?

EC4me

Rough_Rock

Thank you sarahb, m-2-b, kmarla, thecat, Acinom and SparklySoprano! Thanks kellydean!

Acinom, Leon will only do the calibrated french cuts for rings where he and Perry supply the keystone. They were great to work with and Rachel was wonderful too. She replied to my emails within minutes of me sending them.

I wasn't sure I would get a Leon Mege box but I did!

Let me aplogize for the lack of flower shots. I'll have to make a trip to the florist this week.

zoomed7.jpg

zoomed8.jpg

zoomed9.jpg

zoomed12.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That ring is STUNNING, no one would "critique it" :wavey:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Lucky Girl that is gorgeous!!! :love:

RandG

Brilliant_Rock

It's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it!

EC4me

Rough_Rock

Kellydean, I forgot to answer your question! We started looking for diamonds in October and I hadn't decided on a setting yet. With my indecision and the holidays, the whole process took about three months. Leon needed six to seven weeks to complete the ring (including shipping). Luckily, he had a set of calibrated french cuts available or the process would have taken several months longer while we waited for the frenchies. It seemed as if it took forever but it was well worth the wait!

The french cuts are 1.31 cttw and G/H in color and I just can't believe how beautiful they are in real life!

Assherhalo lover, RandG and FiZ thank you for your kind words! I really do feel so lucky!

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Yum yum yum! An EC with French cuts is my dream e-ring! :cheeky:

I'm sure sorry you felt someone would critique your ring. It's perfection!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

EC4me

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much RetroTreeGal! Thank you diamondseeker2006!

I guess I read too many threads on emerald cuts and their potential issues before I selected my diamond and now I sound a little paranoid even to myself! I am thrilled to hear that you find it as beautiful as I do!

zoomedout2.jpg

zoomedout3.jpg

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Good grief your ring is exquisite. Sleek and beautiful. Your emerald is gorgeous, that is my favorite 'flavor' of emerald, too, and the steps are gorgeous.

Leon does amazing work and those French cuts are divine. I wish I could see your ring sparkle I bet it is out of this world in real life. (it is out of this world in pics, too, lol)

Looks perfectly beautiful on you. Thank you so much for sharing.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Crikey!!! It is absolutely heavenly!! :love:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

That ring is just breathtaking, well worth the wait indeed! :appl: It's gorgeous, a wonderful piece to celebrate 25 years of love and commitment. Thank you for sharing!

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock

Any pictures of the strong blue fluor? :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a beauty!, congrats... :wavey:

EC4me

Rough_Rock

Oh, apachrose, when I saw your ring this morning I almost fainted. My style leans toward the modern but I am inexplicably drawn to the vintage look of rings and I would love to have an exact copy of your ring! The mix of the geometric lines of my emerald cut with the french cut sides was just so appealing to me and will be perfect for my everyday life, but, if money were no object, I would already be on the phone making myself your ring twin!

AlexT and vintageinjune thank you so much!

Acinom, aren't Leon's frenchies just incredible? I'd never seen any in real life before ordering this ring and when I opened the ring box I gasped out loud! I know I keep saying they are luminous and I just think that is the perfect word for them. I wish my pictures could do them justice! I am seriously considering a french cut eternity band and emerald cut earrings on a drop with french cut accent stones on the drop wire. I just can't get enough LOL! I'll be sure to post some pictures in the french cut sides thread.

Hi retrogamer, I thought the very first picture captured the blue fluor in sunlight very well - is it just me? I'll have to purchase a UV light and take some pictures in the dark also!

EC4me

Rough_Rock

Thank you Dancing Fire!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Holy smokes!!!!!! This has to be one of the most gorgeous emerald cut rings ever. I am smitten. Happy 25th and thank you for sharing. This ring made my day. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Your new ring is so classy and elegant - thanks for sharing this fabulous eye candy with us!!! You must be over the moon wearing this beauty.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

WOW! Your ring is gorgeous!

eirwen

Rough_Rock

Gorgeous ring! Would love to see photos under daylight with the fluorescence .. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results