shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3.01ct Chunky Faceted Cushion Halo

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
I''ve always been round brilliant diamond girl, with some slight hankerings for emerald cut here and there, but these gorgeous halo cushions have got me really considering getting one for myself!!

Your ring is beautiful, congratulations - you did a great job!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Holy mother of pearl! Gorgeous!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Argggg, that cushion is TDF! Great finger coverage on top of being a beautiful ring.

hwman

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. We are ecstatic with the result.

Here are the specs for the stone:

Cushion Brilliant
8 Pavilion Mains
G
SI1
VG
G
No Fl
55% table
68.5% depth
crown angles greater than 40
9.11 X 7.88 X 5.40

Size 4.25 finger

Stone was purchased from ERD. It was close call, I almost went with someone else, but Mark found this beauty right before I put a deposit on the other one.

Reactions: AV_

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
WOW. Simply marvelous!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2009 11:42:36 PM
Author: hwman
Thanks everyone. We are ecstatic with the result.

Here are the specs for the stone:

Cushion Brilliant
8 Pavilion Mains
G
SI1
VG
G
No Fl
55% table
68.5% depth
crown angles greater than 40
9.11 X 7.88 X 5.40

Size 4.25 finger

Stone was purchased from ERD. It was close call, I almost went with someone else, but Mark found this beauty right before I put a deposit on the other one.
Thank you for the details.....may I please ask who made the setting for you????
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, it is GORGEOUS!!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow! Now THAT is a diamond!!!!
30.gif

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. I bet you can spot the sparkler from a mile away. Congrats!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 12:40:14 AM
Author: loriken214
30.gif
36.gif

Lori
I''m going to "guess" Mark (at ERD), but hopefully she''ll let us know!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
HUBBA HUBBA! I''m actually speechless!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh My...that is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy droolworthy Batman!

cheers--Sharon

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I especially love the profile. That chunky cushion is TDF!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! That''s absolutely beautiful!!! I love your cushion!! Congrats!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Wowwww - absolutely beautiful!!!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
holy freaking mackerel, that is one AMAZING stone! But of course you know that....
31.gif

Congrats!!

hwman

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 12:40:14 AM
Author: loriken214

Lori
I''m going to "guess" Mark (at ERD), but hopefully she''ll let us know!

Mark did not make the setting. Mark does great work and his setting was fine, but I am very picky and in the end was more comfortable working with my jeweler for the setting.

Finding someone to make the setting correctly was almost as much of a challenge as finding the correct stone. I met with probably 15 jewelers after figuring out exactly what I wanted. I went to Tiffany, Cartier, and Harry''s. To me Harry''s was the best. It was the most delicate. I wanted a halo that didn''t take away from the center stone but instead just accented the shape. So I set out with a goal to replicate the Winston Halo with a few modifications. Almost every jeweler that I went to told me it would be no probable and not to worry about it. I didn''t trust them so I asked to see a sample of their work and asked specifically about how thin they could make the shank and the halo etc... Just about every sample I saw was not right. They all had too much metal. Your eye would get drawn to the metal taking away from the sparkle. Some couldn''t do the v cuts correctly, prongs were to thick, shank was too wide etc..

I wanted a 1.5MM shank. One jeweler told me I he didn''t feel comfortable making the shank that think because he was concerned about the integrity of the piece. To me that meant that he didn''t have the setter that were skilled enough to a great job with something that delicate. Its funny Cartier, and Harry''s both use 1.5MM shanks and don''t have an issue.

I unfortunately can''t disclose the name of my jeweler, but can tell you that they are based in long island.

Reactions: AV_

lili

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
it''s a stunner for sure.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 7:02:33 PM
Author: hwman

Mark did not make the setting. Mark does great work and his setting was fine, but I am very picky and in the end was more comfortable working with my jeweler for the setting.

Finding someone to make the setting correctly was almost as much of a challenge as finding the correct stone. I met with probably 15 jewelers after figuring out exactly what I wanted. I went to Tiffany, Cartier, and Harry''s. To me Harry''s was the best. It was the most delicate. I wanted a halo that didn''t take away from the center stone but instead just accented the shape. So I set out with a goal to replicate the Winston Halo with a few modifications. Almost every jeweler that I went to told me it would be no probable and not to worry about it. I didn''t trust them so I asked to see a sample of their work and asked specifically about how thin they could make the shank and the halo etc... Just about every sample I saw was not right. They all had too much metal. Your eye would get drawn to the metal taking away from the sparkle. Some couldn''t do the v cuts correctly, prongs were to thick, shank was too wide etc..

I wanted a 1.5MM shank. One jeweler told me I he didn''t feel comfortable making the shank that think because he was concerned about the integrity of the piece. To me that meant that he didn''t have the setter that were skilled enough to a great job with something that delicate. Its funny Cartier, and Harry''s both use 1.5MM shanks and don''t have an issue.

I unfortunately can''t disclose the name of my jeweler, but can tell you that they are based in long island.
Hmmm, too bad you can''t tell us. But thanks for sharing the other details, they really did a lovely job!!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
beeaauuutiful ring!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!! Seriously one of my new all time favorites. I just love a chunky cushion!! Love it!!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
GORGEOUS! But why can''t you tell us your jeweler? It would be great press for them...

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ummm.... WOW!!! I vant I vant I vant!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
you had me at "chunky faceted cushion"! WOW...love, love, LOVE it! it is absolutely stunning! congrats and i hope you wear your ring in good health.
36.gif
i would love to see this ring in the sun...i can''t even imagine the fire and sparkle it''ll show!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is huge AND gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results