shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2ct old english cut e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a resized picture of Kayla's rings for easier viewing...
1.gif

Interesting differences! OMC is not the same cut as OEC...but they are both older cuts!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm picture didn't seem to work--lets try again.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

Where did you get the story about Roman law! Please...
1.gif
----------------

I'm sorry Ana, I didn't see this till recently. Actually that was a quote from a paper I did from Grad School. If you still have it, you are prefectly welcome to quote it yourself.

win

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kayla

From your picture, your diamond looks exactly like mine close up. I'd have said that it was an old european cut as it is very round in shape. I was under the impression that old mine cuts were an earlier cut and were more squarish in shape - more like a modern cushion cut.

It seems that many people, including some less knowledgeable jewelers, call all old cut stones 'old mine cut' or 'old miner cut' as a general term. To be honest though, I'm no expert either, this info is just what I've picked up along the way.

I'll try and post more pixs of my rings (old & new + wedding bands) when I get some help from my husband with the digital camera. Probably over the week-end.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
This site has a lot of old mine cut and cushion cut rings.

http://www.sjphillips.com/

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I'd add my trinity ring to the thread. Centre stone 0.44, sidestones 0.33, colour I, clarity eyeclean, set in platinum and from fay cullen.

faycullentrinity.jpg

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Hey Bagpuss, it's good to see you.
wavey.gif

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Hi Bagpuss,

I'm glad to see you here. I have admired your ring from afar. It's one of my favorite rings to date!

It's funny, I have always thought the older cuts are nice, but never thought I'd like to own one someday. Then I saw your ring... and I became an immediate convert!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results