shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2ct old english cut e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum so I thought I'd post a pic of my up-graded e-ring.
It's an I colour, SI2 clarity old english cut diamond in a reproduction Edwardian setting (band has 1/2ct of tiny diamonds).
(Lab report by the Precious Stone Lab, London)

I'm an old cut lover. I hope that are a few more on this forum or I'm going to feel very lonely.

1.gif

OEC e-ring 2j.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone, Bagpuss! Setting is great too!

I'm curious... Would you mind posting a copy of the report? I don't think I've ever seen a report issued by Precious Stone Lab!
1.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
BagPuss

I don't think I ever saw a pic of your OEC before, my it's gorgeous! Always wear it in health and happiness!

As you well know, I love 'em too!

win

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Bagpuss,

Wow! Timeless and quite stunning. Nice to see you here. With so many DT'rs over here, we might as well merge the two chat groups??? :razz: j/k

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Bagpuss, I remember drooling over that ring before, and now I get to drool over it again! I just love the older diamonds and that setting it gorgeous. My current dream is a 1.5 OMC in a bezel setting such as yours. Of course, since I just *got* a smaller OMC, the new one will have to wait quite a few years!

Thanks for posting it. We can never get enough eye candy.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Derekinla
I hardly think that Gilbert would be favour, but more and more DTer's are coming here of their own accord, so, in effect, it's already happening!
11.gif

Thanks for the kind words about my ring BTW.

Hest88
Thanks - do you have a link to your OMC, so I can drool over your baby?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I said it before; I'll say it again - Beautiful!

Can you elaborate on the difference between Old European Cut & Old English Cut? I remember your cut was more rare.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Bagpuss, I don't think my pictures show my ring as well as your does, but here's the link:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-omc-ring.6249/

You know, I keep getting conflicting info about Old European Cut terminology. Art refers to it as 19th century, along the same era as the OMC, but I've also heard people say that OECs come *after* OMCs, as an initial precursor to RBs, and just before transitional cuts.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is really pretty Bagpuss.

I would love to see a side view shot of your ring to get a better appreciation of how high the crown height of your diamond is...at least it looks higher than a modern RB from this angle...is it?

Maria D

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/11/2003 12:22
6.gif
8 PM Hest88 wrote:

You know, I keep getting conflicting info about Old European Cut terminology. Art refers to it as 19th century, along the same era as the OMC, but I've also heard people say that OECs come *after* OMCs, as an initial precursor to RBs, and just before transitional cuts.
----------------
I was also under the impression that old european cuts came after old mine cuts and before transitional cuts - I'm just not sure of the time scale. Perhaps we could ask Art or maybe Dave Atlas?

Edited to say: I had a look at your ring - it's so pretty. I love the Tacori engraving on the band. I'd love a wedding band that's all engraved. I didn't realise that you had your stone from Dave Atlas when I suggested his name.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Maria

I don't have a side view at the moment, but I'll have a go at getting one for you. In the meantime, here's a top view. The diamond looks dark in this pic but it isn't really, it's just my poor photography skills!

OEC e-ring topview.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Maria D

I hope this side view isn't too blurry.

eringside2.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Bagpuss,

What a pleasure to see your beautiful ring again. I love the side view, too, which I don't think I'd seen before. So graceful, delicate, yet unfussy.

I'm an old-cut lover myself; I wear a transitional cut from one grandmother and an old European cut from the other. There's something deeply satisfying about the bigger flashes of deeper color that you get from old cuts.

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
Such an elegant ring, Bagpuss! I love the side view.
lickout.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/11/2003 7
6.gif
5:30 AM winyan wrote:
----------------

Hi!

Where did you get the story about Roman law! Please...
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/11/2003 5
6.gif
4:26 AM Bagpuss wrote:

Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum so I thought I'd post a pic of my up-graded e-ring.
It's an I colour, SI2 clarity old english cut diamond in a reproduction Edwardian setting (band has 1/2ct of tiny diamonds).
(Lab report by the Precious Stone Lab, London)

I'm an old cut lover. I hope that are a few more on this forum or I'm going to feel very lonely.
1.gif

----------------

Am I the only one who can't see the first picture you posted?
confused.gif
I see the top view posted further down in the thread, but I can't see the earlier one. Hrm...

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Kam

The Pic of my ering does seem to have disappeared so I've re-posted it for you.
1.gif

OEC e-ring 3.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 9/13/2003 6:17:30 PM Bagpuss wrote:

Kam

The Pic of my ering does seem to have disappeared so I've re-posted it for you.
1.gif

----------------

Bagpuss...

Very nice setting...I always love seeing pictures of peoples rings who don't go with the more round brilliant cut. It is a cut which is unique in itself and am glad there are people who still value this style of cutting. I like the way your ring splits at the top leading into your center stone...Nice!

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
wavey.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my report from the PSL - as requested. I've taken out some of the info for security reasons.

diamreport.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!! I love the old cuts...they seem to have so much more character
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Whoa Bagpuss! Thank you so much! It is indeed a beautiful stone!
appl.gif
appl.gif

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oooh, so pretty Bagpuss! Thanks for the pics. I am really starting to like these old cuts. One of these days I may have to actually see one in person!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Bagpuss,
Your ring is so pretty, I am loving bezel setting more and more every day.
I hope you wear your ring in hope, happiness and laughter.
1.gif

Good to see you sweetie!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Amethyste

Nice to see you here too. Hope things are going well for you and your 'other half'.

wavey.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring and the setting it is in. As this is your upgraded diamond, do you have any pictures of your original engagement ring?

Also on your certificate did you get a diagram of the diamond itself showing the clarity grading? It does not show on your post but the GIA certificates all show a round diamond with various markings drawn on them.

DP

Rough_Rock
Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss
Old fat furry cat-puss
Wake up and look at this thing that I bring
Wake up, be bright
Be golden and light
Bagpuss, Oh hear what I sing

I think even old Professor Yaffle would approve of this one!!
appl.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Pyramid

Yes, there was a diagram of the inclusions etc, plus other info, but I took them out of the picture of the cert just in case there were any unscrupulous guys who who might use the pic of the cert for nefarious purposes! I might be paranoid, but you do hear of people selling diamonds with fake certs, so while I was happy to show everyone what a PSL cert looks like, I didn't want to help any of the bad guys con anyone. Don't forget, anyone can access this forum and copy pics of stuff.

The diamond in my original e-ring was so small you wouldn't believe it, but I'll try and get a decent pic of the ring if you're really interested.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bagpuss, I forgot about those people stealing pictures of diamonds from certificates. I would love to see your original engagement ring or anyone elses original rings for that matter. I am in the United Kingdom also and smaller diamonds are more usual for engagements in my neck of the woods. I know large diamonds are great but there is something about seeing smaller original diamonds with sentimental value.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Bagpuss,
Beautiful ring!!!
I am still deciding on a setting, but may get something very similar to yours.
I love how the bezel protects the diamond and also makes it look larger. I love the design in the shank also.
It reminds me of the Ritani endless love rings.
I don't know if you have already, but would you mind posting a picture of the e-ring and the matching wedding band?
On another note, I have a diamond that I bought a few years ago and when I had it appraised, the appraiser called it an Old Miner Cut diamond. I wonder if that's similar or the same thing as Old European Cut.
I took a picture of it, but you can't really see the cut too well. Maybe I will post it on the Rockytalky thread.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a picture.
I would love the see a picture of your diamond up close, to see the difference in cut.
I took the picture next to an ACA New Line diamond.
The OMC is about .75 H/I SI1 (was once a VS2, but I got a chip and scratches on the girdle)
The ACA is 1.51 F VVS2.
I didn't clean either ring in the picture.
I probably should have.

side by side.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results