shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1st Black Opal!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beautiful opal! Looks like an excellent size for your fingers, too!

I like your second setting inspiration better. When I try to choose between yellow and white gold, I think about what finger I'd like to wear the gemstone on, and what other rings, if any, would be on that hand. Since I have a white gold engagement ring, I plan on wearing mostly white metals on my left hand, and try to get yellow gold pieces to wear on my right.

Thank you!!! I wanted a larger opal for my size 7.5 finger.
Funny you should say that regarding the gold on one hand over the other @voce I'm the opposite. I do Yellow and rose gold on my left and white gold on my right! :)

I prefer the second design as well. I'm doing halo with 2 pointers. I'm so excited!!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!! I wanted a larger opal for my size 7.5 finger.
Funny you should say that regarding the gold on one hand over the other @voce I'm the opposite. I do Yellow and rose gold on my left and white gold on my right! :)

I prefer the second design as well. I'm doing halo with 2 pointers. I'm so excited!!!
Ooh 7.5, we're finger sisters then! Glad you're deciding on the second design, make sure to share with us your finished ring! I'd like to see not just the ring itself, but which hand/what rings you wear your beautiful opal with. :geek2:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received the CADs...
Fourteen 2mm rounds (.03 pointers) and two 3.5x1.6m baguettes (about .15cts each)

s-l1600.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received the CADs...
Fourteen 2mm rounds (.03 pointers) and two 3.5x1.6m baguettes (about .15cts each)

s-l1600.jpg
It’s such a lovely opal and I love the side profile and the baguettes. It has an Art Deco touch because of the baguettes, and a burst like look with the diamonds and prongs. It gives the ring a kind of star burst like energy.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your kind words @Bluegemz! The baguettes are why I chose this setting! Not to mention I love the "starburst" effect!!! Its such a happy piece and so much positive energy it being my birthstone and all. This piece will be dear to my heart!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring turned out beautifully! It will look stunning on your hand. :appl:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!!! Love your halo and the baguettes are a beautiful touch!

And so efficient with setting times too!!!!! haha don't mind me! I like to buy and set as fast as possible so I am always randomly applauding people for setting fast :lol:

Re DH: Mine says stuff like that ALL the time! Once he told me a dress I was wearing was gorgeous but reminded him of a rockmelon.

Another time he told me a jade bangle I liked reminded him of taro.

Earrings that I liked look like insect wings!

You get the idea!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I showed the photos to DH he said 'it looks like a beetle'.:lol:
I'm like ' should I be offended?!?!'o_O ...:lol-2:

I think he’s referring to those blue scarab beetles which were used in Egyptian jewelry, which are absolutely gorgeous, so I would take it as a compliment :dance:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your opal ring turned out beautifully! Congrats!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeousness ! Really a beautiful shape of the stone too. The setting really emphasizes that as the baguettes show off the length of the stone. It looks really gemmy in that setting. Congratulations!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous!!!! When will you receive your ring?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!!! Love your halo and the baguettes are a beautiful touch!

And so efficient with setting times too!!!!! haha don't mind me! I like to buy and set as fast as possible so I am always randomly applauding people for setting fast :lol:

Re DH: Mine says stuff like that ALL the time! Once he told me a dress I was wearing was gorgeous but reminded him of a rockmelon.

Another time he told me a jade bangle I liked reminded him of taro.

Earrings that I liked look like insect wings!

You get the idea!

Thanks @mellowyellowgirl !!! You are so very kind!
I get overly anxious when i have unset stones, so while I am shopping for the stone I simultaneously find setting inspirations.
Its comforting to know im not the only one who's DH makes thoughtless comments. We dont pay them no mind. The mean well, right:cool2::oops2:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeousness ! Really a beautiful shape of the stone too. The setting really emphasizes that as the baguettes show off the length of the stone. It looks really gemmy in that setting. Congratulations!

Thank you so much. The setting kinda changes the perception of the opal to me. I dont know what I was expecting but sure exceeedes expectation. Its a design I havent had before. So excited to see it in person.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous!!!! When will you receive your ring?

Thanks @Acinom !!! Hopefully soon! I just received the tracking number last night. You know I'm stalking it! Like white on rice! LOL

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I showed the photos to DH he said 'it looks like a beetle'.:lol:
I'm like ' should I be offended?!?!'o_O ...:lol-2:

I had to scroll back up and look again! it does NOT look like a beetle! It's gorgeous!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! You gotta have some long fingers to wear that ring, though. :mrgreen2:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I think the opal is gorgeous and the setting perfect for it, the baguettes were an inspired touch. :clap:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I think the opal is gorgeous and the setting perfect for it, the baguettes were an inspired touch :clap:

Thank you for being so kind!!!
Irk! Baguettes. Who knew?! I was torn between this setting and one w/o baguettes. I decided 'what the hay' and went with baguettes. Decided on I little different halo. I'm glad I did:))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful @ZestfullyBling!!! I love your style and taste and this ring is no exception, the setting is perfect for that gorgeous opal, looks amazing on you! :love::love::love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW!:love::appl::appl::love:

cheers--Sharon

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely stunning!!!
Your wear it well. Your ring looks gorgeous on you and I would love to see more pics.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful @ZestfullyBling!!! I love your style and taste and this ring is no exception, the setting is perfect for that gorgeous opal, looks amazing on you! :love::love::love:

You are the sweetest! Thank you. I love your style and taste too. I can't stop thinking about your fcd;)2. Because of you I gotta get one:Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results