shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.86ct H color OMC

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Love everything about your stone! What a gorgeous, bubbly OMC!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your stone! Love the pastel flashes and love the high crown. Really, really pretty.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful stone! So crisp and full of wonderful personality. I can't wait to see it set! :love:

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
Wowzers!! That is so beautiful!! What a gorgeous stone! :love: :appl: :appl: :love:

Your photo skills are amazing!!! Teach me how to do that!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're welcome! And thank you so much for liking my ring.
A solitaire setting will be stunning. Your stone is truly special. :love:

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
I love reading your comments! You are all so sweet!

Thank you, dragonfly411!

Ms_A, Good luck on finding your stone! Or maybe it will find you. After going to many auctions and seeing many old cuts I discovered this jeweler in May and told him what I was looking for. It wasn’t until late September that he contacted me (old cuts are very rare here). He said he had a 1ct old cut diamond. It was a little too small for me but I decided to go and have a look anyway. On my way there I was secretly hoping that he would say “I also have a bigger one”. When I came there he showed me the 1ct and then all of a sudden he pulled out this baby saying “I also have this one, but I promised it to another couple. They will let me know if they want it next week”. The next week I called him back and he said he hadn’t heard from them. Five minutes later they came into his store to let him know that they had gotten another diamond and he called me right back. I feel like this one was meant for me.

Junebug17, thank you very much! I think your beautiful OEC looks amazing in that new setting!

Snicklefritz, thank you for your compliment! Its bubbly personality just makes me so happy.

Minousbijoux, thank you! It makes me really happy to hear. I always loved the pastels I saw in others old cuts and now I know how enchanting it is when it picks up colors and throws back lovely pastels.

Rosebloom, thank you! I enjoy it so much!

Missymoo, thank you! Your diamond is absolutely gorgeous! I didn’t have any flowers for the shots above so I just put the diamond on my daughter’s princess outfit :lol:. For close ups I use my macro lens. I hardly ever use flash cause I like the natural light.

sweet_blossom, thanks for your kind words!

Acinom, thanks again! There are so many different settings that I like, especially here on PS, it is difficult to choose. I love yours with frenchies! It is exquisite!

I also want to say a special thanks to everyone who helped me along the way and who helped me evaluate different diamonds as well as this one. Your expertise has been invaluable to me!!!! And of course I am so grateful that my DH wanted to give me this diamond! :love:

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, but I can't resist... Here are some flower pics :)

dsc_0642-004.jpg

dsc_0649-001.jpg

dsc_0651-001.jpg

dsc_0807.jpg

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that stone is SO beautiful! :love: I love the chunky facets and the pastel colors it takes on from the flowers. There must be a difference between an OMC and an antique cushion, but in my lack of knowledge of old cuts, they look very alike to me.

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, doberman! I actually don't know the difference myself. Maybe mine is an antique cushion? I don't know if there is a difference between old mine cut and old mine brilliant either. Maybe someone who knows more about these things can chim in...

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I like the high crown and faceting. Congrats!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
A beauty! Please post again after it is set.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
DItto AnnaH! It is a lovely lovely stone! I love the flashes and colors it reflects. Have you had any thoughts on how to set it? I think it would look just amazing with a SS setting

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Ashleigh, thank you! :)

AnnaH, thank you! I will post when I have figured out what to do with it.

sweetpea&babycorn, thanks for your kind words! I LOVE Single Stone's designs!!! They are so exquisite... :love: But I am in Europe so I think I will make a custom design over here. I have some ideas in mind and started making some drawings. I like it classic, but maybe with a twist. I adore cushions in halos, but I don't think I am a "halo-girl", so I might do something with double claws.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a really, really pretty stone. And you took the most amazing pictures of it. What a find. Congratulations and wear in good health and happiness!!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Goodness me, what a BEAUTIFUL stone!!! :love: :love: :love:

Love the history too - so glad to hear that it will be worn daily all over again!!
:appl: :appl:

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom and HeartingDiamonds, thank you so much! I feel really happy to have found this diamond :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results