shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.86 Arrived!! Question for "J" wearers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seeing your diamond gives me butterflies in my tummy!! Its beautiful!!
36.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!! Is it convincing you to get a J? :) It''s funny...sometimes I get nervous looking at it...but then when I see these pictures I get butterflies too!!

I can''t wait until it has a permanent home on my finger!! I''m also anxious for it to get set so I can actually feel comfortable wearing it and actually clean it!! I''m too nervous to really touch it while it is in that temp setting.

Thanks Maisie!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, my 2 cents! Keep it! From my experience, I can tell you that when you have lived in a certain size even for a little while, you will not be happy getting something, even better in color, smaller!! Your mind gets used to the size!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 3:55:50 PM
Author: sunshine14
Thanks!! Is it convincing you to get a J? :) It''s funny...sometimes I get nervous looking at it...but then when I see these pictures I get butterflies too!!

I can''t wait until it has a permanent home on my finger!! I''m also anxious for it to get set so I can actually feel comfortable wearing it and actually clean it!! I''m too nervous to really touch it while it is in that temp setting.

Thanks Maisie!

I am 100% definitely going to get a J! I have already seen one I like and I check every day to see if its still there. I know it will probably sell before I get the money together but if it does I am sure they will find me one just as wonderful - in a J!!
9.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Well the diamond has left my possession courtesy of USPS. I was so nervous at the post office that I would do something wrong or the wrong address or something...

So now the agonizing wait begins...cross your fingers for me!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh how exciting! How long do you have to wait?
1.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
I''m not really sure! I think it takes at LEAST a week for the stone to arrive in New York, and then for the actual setting...who knows!! We were quoted 2-3 weeks...but it seems like it is taking FOREVER and its only been one week so far! Ha! I''m so impatient!

Worst part is that the bf is definitely not going to be proposing for a while...wants me to be surprised. As if I''m not going to think about it a zillion times a day once it is his possession!
27.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! That will be torture!!! I should tell him to get on with it and not keep you in suspense!! Just had a look - my diamond is still there.......
9.gif

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 3:26:42 PM
Author: widget
I think it''s just gorgeous...it would certainly do for me!!
3.gif

I think most agree that cut is the one thing you don''t want to compromise on. If the color does turn out to be a problem, (again...it sure wouldn''t for me), I''d come down in clarity and weight before I''d compromise on cut...

widget
Ditto ! First of all, your stone is beautiful and looks HUGE on your fingers..second thing, don''t forget that your stone is not set yet and you may notice considerably less tint from the side depending on the setting you choose..

In any case, don''t go for a lower cut !! believe it, with a lower cut of higher colour you will notice far more the decrease of brilliance than you''ll notice the improvement of colour..

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Well...the ring is DONE!! Phew!! I have no pics yet because it hasn''t been given to me yet, but it is done and IN THE HOUSE!! EEKKKK!!!

It took WAYYY longer than I expected, which was getting quite frustrating, but at least it is done now so it doesn''t feel so bad! My bf said that it looked amazing, so here''s hoping it burns a hole in that pocket of his ;-)

I found the custom process to not be quite as smooth as I had hoped, but I''m waiting to make judgement until I have the ring on my finger. I figure it''s only fair that way.

Anyways..that is my update. Now the agony really begins!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats sunshine...i hope he proposed soon and the wait isn''t too agonizing..

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 11:12:30 PM
Well...the ring is DONE!! Phew!! I have no pics yet because it hasn''t been given to me yet, but it is done and IN THE HOUSE!! EEKKKK!!!

It took WAYYY longer than I expected, which was getting quite frustrating, but at least it is done now so it doesn''t feel so bad! My bf said that it looked amazing, so here''s hoping it burns a hole in that pocket of his ;-)

I found the custom process to not be quite as smooth as I had hoped, but I''m waiting to make judgement until I have the ring on my finger. I figure it''s only fair that way.

Anyways..that is my update. Now the agony really begins!!
woohoo, can''t wait to see it when it''s done! Your stone is gorgeous!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Kewl, some excitement going on around here!
Keep us posted.!!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Sunshine,

Do you have a picture of the finished product yet? I am anxious to see it! Can you please post some pictures? Thanks!

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Nope, no pictures yet! I still think it will be a few weeks at LEAST before I get it, and then I will try to get some good pics of it!

The wait is never fun is it?

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Hello Sunshine,

I think I am more anxious than you are! I had to check back (although it''s only been a couple hours) to see whether or not you had posted some pictures of your ring. I am sure it will turn out just perfect!

You''re right: the wait is never fun! I am waiting for mine, too (I have decided to reset my beautiful stone
4.gif
from a cathedral solitaire setting to something a little more elaborate and delicate: Ritani''s endless love with halo) and the wait is literally eating me up!!! I am hoping that it will be ready by next week, but who knows...
8.gif

Anyway, I will keep checking to make sure that I get a glimpse of your beautiful ring. You did a really good job on the stone. In fact, I cannot believe that your stone is J in color. It honestly looks almost as white as my D colored diamond!!! Please spare me and make the wait short and sweet!!!
6.gif
If you can that is... I know you don''t have much control over it... And the count down begins!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 3:25:22 PM
Nope, no pictures yet! I still think it will be a few weeks at LEAST before I get it, and then I will try to get some good pics of it!

A few weeks??? Does he not know we are waiting? He obviously doesn''t realise how important PS members are!!
9.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 6:37:55 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 3/23/2007 3:25:22 PM

A few weeks??? Does he not know we are waiting? He obviously doesn''t realise how important PS members are!!
9.gif
I KNOW! It''s funny, because prior to picking up the ring, by BF was all set on waiting till late summer (we only bought so early because the perfect stone came up!), but once it was in his pocket, he said "would you be upset if the proposal wasn''t as good as i had originally planned, because this thing is already burning a hole in my pocket!" tee hee hee...I KNEW that would happen!!

I told him that I don''t need something elaborate...just something that he puts some thought into. I know I''m nuts, but after picking the diamond, paying for the setting (that was our ''deal'') and going with him to Fedex to pick it up, i do feel a little overinvolved and I don''t want to feel like I basically proposed to myself, or forced him to do it. So hopefully the wait will be short.

However, to be fair, I am heading into exams and he is starting a new job, so it is unlikely that it will be before May. So we will have to sit tight (unfortunately!).

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 4:52:18 PM
Author: kohdy
Hello Sunshine,

I think I am more anxious than you are! I had to check back (although it''s only been a couple hours) to see whether or not you had posted some pictures of your ring. I am sure it will turn out just perfect!

You''re right: the wait is never fun! I am waiting for mine, too (I have decided to reset my beautiful stone
4.gif
from a cathedral solitaire setting to something a little more elaborate and delicate: Ritani''s endless love with halo) and the wait is literally eating me up!!! I am hoping that it will be ready by next week, but who knows...
8.gif

Anyway, I will keep checking to make sure that I get a glimpse of your beautiful ring. You did a really good job on the stone. In fact, I cannot believe that your stone is J in color. It honestly looks almost as white as my D colored diamond!!! Please spare me and make the wait short and sweet!!!
6.gif
If you can that is... I know you don''t have much control over it... And the count down begins!!!
Hi Kohdy! Thanks for being so excited for me! I can''t wait to get it either! I did pepper my bf with questions, and he said that the stone looked even whiter in the setting! So I can''t imagine what it will look like, because I always thought it looked pretty darn white! I guess it was more him...he was the one concerned, and mostly because of what people in stores say about J''s.

Good luck with your wait too! Make sure you post pictures of course!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 9:55:29 AM

Hi Kohdy! Thanks for being so excited for me! I can''t wait to get it either! I did pepper my bf with questions, and he said that the stone looked even whiter in the setting! So I can''t imagine what it will look like, because I always thought it looked pretty darn white! I guess it was more him...he was the one concerned, and mostly because of what people in stores say about J''s.

Good luck with your wait too! Make sure you post pictures of course!
Hello Sunshine! I am still waiting for yours as well as mine. Of course I will post the pictures of my ring once it is done-if it gets done that is.
7.gif
And seriously, your stone is absolutely breath-taking.

Oh well... I guess I will have to practice my patience again. I might have to start meditating or something. I will talk to you again soon Sunshine. Have a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results