shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.83 ACA is here! (And I have the pics to prove it.)

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband texted me and told me that he had my package. It was delivered around 2 o’clock today. He was not surprised at all when I showed up at his office at 3:00 to pick it up. LOL!

He had already opened the box and checked it out confirming that it was as beautiful as he expected and as big as he had hoped. When I got there I opened the box and slipped this little bad boy on my finger. At first my heart began to sink. Was it really as yellow as I was seeing?!? How could that be? I know that I ordered an I colored VS-1 ACA, but from everything that I had read on this forum, it shouldn’t have been that yellow. I turned to my husband and sadly said, “I think I am going to have to send it back.”

But then it happened as I walked out of his office and went outside. This darn stone turned bright white! And then I looked down and it was blue. Blue!!! I looked at my dress, the same color as my stone, and I wondered to myself if I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. This beautiful stone was picking up every single color around it, to include the yellow walls and tinged fluorescent light covers from his office! :lol:

I guess I’ve never seen a diamond do what this ACA can do! It’s quite the chameleon!

FE296A3B-E505-455A-966A-5CC81DAA7ECC.jpeg

Picking up the blue from my dress:

590D2D83-ECD5-4EED-800E-92AFC15D4616.jpeg

Attachments

• D84EC963-2125-4846-8830-90CFB73E30E8.jpeg
    D84EC963-2125-4846-8830-90CFB73E30E8.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome ring.. LOVE ACA's and love love love the setting.. wear in happiness!!!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all, and thanks for telling me about WF and ACAs! If it wasn’t for you, I would have repeated the same diamond buying mistakes as I had in the past.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a gorgeous ring! It looks beautiful and big!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want to pair it with a dainty diamond band, but my husband doesn’t like that look. I told him that if I wear it alone it’ll look like I’m engaged and not married. His response? “Well, yeah! That’s the best time of all, right?” LOL! He’s such a cut-up, that man. :lol-2:

Anyway, I think for now I’ll pair it with my platinum and rose gold band. I must say, it looks bigger in the picture with the wedding band. To me anyway.
5DF6C6D5-7552-4214-95DB-4D95A219D963.jpeg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG it is stunningly white on your hand. I love it!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG it is stunningly white on your hand. I love it!
It looks way better than I had thought it would, colorwise! (I had recently returned an I color oval to my local jeweler because it was so yellow, so I was nervous.)

I took this just a minute ago. It’s not the clearest, but the stone looks so white! And my boy, well he is just too cute.
17222CD6-6F0A-4BD6-A472-6E29C12C5607.jpeg

ksage92

Rough_Rock
Stunning ring (and the pup is adorable!)!! What size is your finger, please?

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring (and the pup is adorable!)!! What size is your finger, please?
I’m a 5-1/4. And thanks. He lives up to his name: Ruckus. LOL!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful classic! :love:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. We just ordered an I color ACA and your stone just confirms what I knew already. They are spectacular. Wear it in much happiness.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks way better than I had thought it would, colorwise! (I had recently returned an I color oval to my local jeweler because it was so yellow, so I was nervous.)

I took this just a minute ago. It’s not the clearest, but the stone looks so white! And my boy, well he is just too cute.
17222CD6-6F0A-4BD6-A472-6E29C12C5607.jpeg

I've already commented that your new ring is just gorgeous but I had to chime in again and tell you what a cutie patootie your furbaby is!!! We have two Frenchie boys too-they are such lovable clowns :kiss2: is your guy a sable?

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a classic beauty, ring and pooch!!!!=)2

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've already commented that your new ring is just gorgeous but I had to chime in again and tell you what a cutie patootie your furbaby is!!! We have two Frenchie boys too-they are such lovable clowns :kiss2: is your guy a sable?

He is listed as “fawn”. And out of all the breeds I’ve owned, I’ve never had a dog with as much personality as him! He is a true character. He’s almost two now. He has a big sister. She’s a piebald dachshund. They are ridiculous together: https://www.instagram.com/moxie_n_ruckus/

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. We just ordered an I color ACA and your stone just confirms what I knew already. They are spectacular. Wear it in much happiness.
Be prepared by knowing that you’ll be unprepared for what you’ll see once you have it. It’s better than I imagined.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband texted me and told me that he had my package. It was delivered around 2 o’clock today. He was not surprised at all when I showed up at his office at 3:00 to pick it up. LOL!

He had already opened the box and checked it out confirming that it was as beautiful as he expected and as big as he had hoped. When I got there I opened the box and slipped this little bad boy on my finger. At first my heart began to sink. Was it really as yellow as I was seeing?!? How could that be? I know that I ordered an I colored VS-1 ACA, but from everything that I had read on this forum, it shouldn’t have been that yellow. I turned to my husband and sadly said, “I think I am going to have to send it back.”

But then it happened as I walked out of his office and went outside. This darn stone turned bright white! And then I looked down and it was blue. Blue!!! I looked at my dress, the same color as my stone, and I wondered to myself if I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. This beautiful stone was picking up every single color around it, to include the yellow walls and tinged fluorescent light covers from his office! :lol:

I guess I’ve never seen a diamond do what this ACA can do! It’s quite the chameleon!

FE296A3B-E505-455A-966A-5CC81DAA7ECC.jpeg

Picking up the blue from my dress:

590D2D83-ECD5-4EED-800E-92AFC15D4616.jpeg

I just read through your prior posts on your journey with this diamond and was wowed by how similar it is to mine recent journey! I was upgrading from a rather poorly cut 1.01 ct, I color, SI1 (which was purchased ten years ago on whim with no forethought or research) when I stumbled on this site (among others) and my head about exploded with all the information I found. Ultimately, I didn't end up with a Super Ideal (due to my husband's preference for GIA over AGS, among other factors), but my 1.85 ct., G color, VVS2, GIA Triple X (with AGA Ideal specs, assuming GIA's rounding works in my favor LOL) has far exceeded my expectations. I seem to love it more and more with each passing day and I surely wouldn't have ended up with such a beautiful stone had I not stumbled on this site. I was somewhat apprehensive about purchasing online, but I'm so glad I did. Oh...and I am in FL too! I'd love to see how they compare IRL if we ever bump into each other! :wink2:

Congrats again on your beautiful diamond! :appl: It looks amazing and I really like the look of your band with it! Of course, the great thing about that solitaire setting is....SO MANY OPTIONS! :D

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring!!! Congrats!!

+1 for capturing your adorable furball in the pic! Is Ruckus a Frenchie or a Boston Terrier?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results