shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 1.31 ct Round Brilliant in Tapered Baguette Setting

autumnxxa

Rough_Rock
This is so pretty! I'm so in love with it! :) I just got started in the diamond search and was wondering if this is a hearts & arrows diamond? Or round brilliant and H&A are two completely different things? Either way, I love the sparkle to it
image.jpeg Some better close ups in natural lighting!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A classic beauty!..:love::appl:

MsCocoChanel

Rough_Rock
That's really gorgeous on you! The proportions of the baguettes are perfect. What type of band will you wear with it?

Thank you, violet! JA does sell a matching baguette band but I'm not in love with the set.

I've thought about just a plain metal band - a classic simple design but I'm also drawn to non-matching wedding sets and sparkly bling . Right now I'm contemplating two thin pave bands. I also have a beautiful cocktail ring that was my grandmothers and holds about thirty small diamonds around 0.10-0.15 each and may have that turned into an anniversary band I can wear as well.

MsCocoChanel

Rough_Rock
This is so pretty! I'm so in love with it! :) I just got started in the diamond search and was wondering if this is a hearts & arrows diamond? Or round brilliant and H&A are two completely different things? Either way, I love the sparkle to it

Thank you, autumnxxa, I'm in love with it's sparkle too! The center stone is a round brilliant but not a H&A. Round refers to the shape of the stone and brilliant to the pattern of faceting. I'm not an expert in diamond cutting but basically an H&A is a round brilliant that has been precision cut to a very high degree of symmetry. This is not synonymous with ideal cut either. These stones can be more expensive.

A round brilliant can however can exhibit some degrees of H&A patterning and I believe some of my photos demonstrate that. My GIA report reads as excellent so I think the cut is symmetric enough to throw some arrows.

There is some excellent information on the whiteflash site regarding H&A stones as well an in the Rocky Talky forum! Hope this helps, good luck in your search

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect on you!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my fav setting! it is gorgeous !

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! This is one of my favorite setting. Congratulations!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Love this setting! This ring looks gorgeous on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results