shape
carat
color
clarity

Mrs-B's whole curated collection...(more or less...)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spat my coffee out! :lol:

It's sad, @Alex T, but I have no illusions at this point. I realize this could go very badly for me! I'm also thinking @e2the3rd is probably referring to the most recent photos, which were taken just after I got out of hospital. So - looking my very best, obvs.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
@e2the3rd - just before we go down this road, do tell me your mother isn't 75....

:eek-2:

And I'm so glad you like my opal ring. I *am* going to reset it, tho, because I want it to go with my new opal earrings. So I'm resetting it in 18kt rose gold - same setting, just rose gold. It really is one of the most glorious opals I've ever seen. That ORGANGE!!

My mother is over 75 but you look like you could be her younger sister. I mean it’s kinda freaking me out seeing your photos, the similarities. Looks like maybe you have the same pretty light blue-green eye color. Wouldn’t it be neat if it turns out I’m related to The Mrs B?!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother is over 75 but you look like you could be her younger sister. I mean it’s kinda freaking me out seeing your photos, the similarities. Looks like maybe you have the same pretty light blue-green eye color. Wouldn’t it be neat if it turns out I’m related to The Mrs B?!

Your mother must look stunning for her age, as @mrs-b is da bomb!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Lordy.....

Well, in my own defense - here's a pretty normal photo of me that I had on my computer desk top - ergo, to hand - no make up, no filters - taken 9 weeks ago. If I look over 75 here, please, kill me now.

Koo - November 27 2020.jpeg

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lordy.....

Well, in my own defense - here's a pretty normal photo of me that I had on my computer desk top - ergo, to hand - no make up, no filters - taken 9 weeks ago. If I look over 75 here, please, kill me now.

You’re beautiful! I never said you look like her twin or 75, but you could be related! Sent you a pic :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Any clues as to what you're planning in that sparkly brain of yours, as to what you will make when you've off loaded some pieces? Pretty please?? Or do will have to wait until this thread gets added to? :Up_to_something:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should have clarified, I meant how my mom used to look, not currently. But yes I think she looks stunning still for her age :)

@e2the3rd - she does indeed. :))

@Alex T - this is what I wrote on @MamaBee's thread about her upgrade. I'll just c&p it here for the sake of convenience. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts, tho.

"It's not a new thing. I've been talking about doing something like this" (Alex - I'm referring to down-sizing here) "for YEARS. I'd like to go down in my ring collection by about 50%. It's the same as my necklaces, earrings and bangles/bracelets - I only want one yellow gold, one rose gold and one platinum set. Instead, I have a bunch of pieces, so consequently have things I never wear. It's not like I want to get rid of everything: at this point I intend to keep 2 yellow gold sets, 2 rose gold sets, one platinum set, and a couple of bands. But at the moment, for example, I have 3 platinum bands that look almost identical. So what's with that, right? I LOVE Boadicea. She's a gorgeous ring. But I wear my 3 stone more - mostly out of habit, I think. That's the sum total of it - no more and no less. And I'm moving more towards color, and have what I'm hoping will be a spectacular Jeff White rubellite coming soon, and intend to give it the full business re setting. Frankly, even the pieces I'm keeping will probably be too many. I *am* planning to do the 5 stone to end all 5 stones tho - Over 4 and a half ctw, colorless, H&A - the whole ball of wax.

And I want to upgrade my ACA. Because that's what good PriceScopers do...."

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Your collection is so well thought out. You have such an eye for detail and amazing taste. You are a lovely person and you are beautiful. What I can't stop looking at is how your face just glows. Your skin is dewy and flawless. You can just see how soft it must feel. You also have a beautiful smile!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@e2the3rd - she does indeed. :))

@Alex T - this is what I wrote on @MamaBee's thread about her upgrade. I'll just c&p it here for the sake of convenience. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts, tho.

"It's not a new thing. I've been talking about doing something like this" (Alex - I'm referring to down-sizing here) "for YEARS. I'd like to go down in my ring collection by about 50%. It's the same as my necklaces, earrings and bangles/bracelets - I only want one yellow gold, one rose gold and one platinum set. Instead, I have a bunch of pieces, so consequently have things I never wear. It's not like I want to get rid of everything: at this point I intend to keep 2 yellow gold sets, 2 rose gold sets, one platinum set, and a couple of bands. But at the moment, for example, I have 3 platinum bands that look almost identical. So what's with that, right? I LOVE Boadicea. She's a gorgeous ring. But I wear my 3 stone more - mostly out of habit, I think. That's the sum total of it - no more and no less. And I'm moving more towards color, and have what I'm hoping will be a spectacular Jeff White rubellite coming soon, and intend to give it the full business re setting. Frankly, even the pieces I'm keeping will probably be too many. I *am* planning to do the 5 stone to end all 5 stones tho - Over 4 and a half ctw, colorless, H&A - the whole ball of wax.

And I want to upgrade my ACA. Because that's what good PriceScopers do...."

I think this is perfect. Knowing how you having been pairing down your collection & then curating it to be meaningful pieces that are thought through & flawless in their execution, it would naturally follow that you would pair down again & again until you feel peaceful.

Ultimately you will be at the stage where you are not overwhelmed by choice, nor underwhelmed by the quality of the pieces that you have in your jewellery box. They will all be worn without you having to put too much thought into which pieces you go for, as it will just be a simple yellow, rose or white.

And each of those yellows, roses & whites will be utter perfection.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is perfect. Knowing how you having been pairing down your collection & then curating it to be meaningful pieces that are thought through & flawless in their execution, it would naturally follow that you would pair down again & again until you feel peaceful.

Ultimately you will be at the stage where you are not overwhelmed by choice, nor underwhelmed by the quality of the pieces that you have in your jewellery box. They will all be worn without you having to put too much thought into which pieces you go for, as it will just be a simple yellow, rose or white.

And each of those yellows, roses & whites will be utter perfection.

<3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your collection is so well thought out. You have such an eye for detail and amazing taste. You are a lovely person and you are beautiful. What I can't stop looking at is how your face just glows. Your skin is dewy and flawless. You can just see how soft it must feel. You also have a beautiful smile!

Awww - @peppermintpatty, I have absolutely no idea how to respond to that except...thank you!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I continue to marvel at your immaculate collection, @mrs-b! I so admire your impeccable taste and the meaningful (not to mention drool-worthy!) ensemble you have created. Your journey is truly inspirational, and I appreciate you sharing so much of it with us!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I continue to marvel at your immaculate collection, @mrs-b! I so admire your impeccable taste and the meaningful (not to mention drool-worthy!) ensemble you have created. Your journey is truly inspirational, and I appreciate you sharing so much of it with us!!

Thank you for those kind words, @carbonfan! And how lovely to see you! And those kitties...!! Are they yours? They're gorgeous!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for those kind words, @carbonfan! And how lovely to see you! And those kitties...!! Are they yours? They're gorgeous!!

Aww, you are most welcome! You truly are a bling goddess as far as I am concerned!

And thank you for your sweet words about Chewie and Ahsoka (I guess you can tell that I live in a houseful of Star Wars fanatics, LOL!). They are sweet, cute, and cuddly, fantastically fun and playful, and great with the kids. I adore them so much, and they make every day better!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, you are most welcome! You truly are a bling goddess as far as I am concerned!

And thank you for your sweet words about Chewie and Ahsoka (I guess you can tell that I live in a houseful of Star Wars fanatics, LOL!). They are sweet, cute, and cuddly, fantastically fun and playful, and great with the kids. I adore them so much, and they make every day better!

I love animals, so I'm sure they'd steal my heart!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Lordy.....

You look amazing as always. You've got amazing eyes and the most beautiful complexion, you don't need makeup!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've collected a few more pieces recently, so thought I'd add them to this thread in case anyone was interested.

Firstly - my new gypsy ring: .9ct E VS2 AVR with AVR sides - both 9 points - one D SI2 and one E SI1 - set in a whoooole lot of platinum! A good work-horse ring.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dream cluster, which replaces my previous cluster with the sapphire center. 1.51 G VS2 from Good Old Gold, with 26 and 27pt sides - ideal cut, E/VS - a smidge one 3.6ctw. Set in platinum by DKJ.

20210612_155000.jpg

20210612_140316.jpg

20210612_141343.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
All lovely additions Mrs. B! It's hard to choose a favorite!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earrings!

1.2ctw studs - 5.4mm, ideal cut, E VS1. These are too small for me to wear as stand alone studs and were bought specifically to dangle my teardrop drops, to be used in my outer piercing, and to go into halo jackets.

20210612_140028.jpg

20210612_140451.jpg

Faceted turquoise drops in 14 kt hand made wires. I had these re-set to go with my enamel charm bracelet:

20210612_140146.jpg

20210612_140228.jpg

And lastly - 10.something mm blue akoya baroque pearls hanging off my 1.5ctw OECs:

20210414_155854.jpg

20210414_160352.jpg

20210414_160016.jpg

Last edited:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: You're going to have to get a bigger jewelry box!
I love all your new pieces and your old ones too of course.
Enjoy enjoy enjoy!:love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All lovely additions Mrs. B! It's hard to choose a favorite!

Thank you, @lulu_ma - I'm waiting on my new ACA. I'm thinking that will rocket past them all to the top of the list! At least...it had better...!!

And @Rubies-R-Me - I sold, re-homed, re-made or simply got rid of a bunch of pieces a while back, so I actually have less pieces than I started with. I do take your point, tho! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The gallery on your new tourmaline is still the coolest thing going! I just love that special.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much I love to visit your collection, the new ones are amAzing! Love that cluster. And the rubellite with that gallery. Holly leaves are kinda your thing! It’s a great look! Hope you are well :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh that rubellite ring! Juicy and delicious!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new additions!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
2.83ct 10 x 8mm rubellite cut by Jeff White, set in .88ctw of ideal cut colorless, eye clean melee - yellow gold, diamonds set in platinum - by DKJ.

20210505_114246.jpg

20210505_114242.jpg

DKPV2021___05__03____Rubi   Ring____RGR-2 copy.jpg

20210621_132019-2.jpg

20210621_131906.jpg

20210621_135235.jpg

Oh my goodness they look like best friends! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results