shape
carat
color
clarity

More pics (w/fire) of my cushion for Cehra the investigator...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are some clearer facet pictures of my cushion to add to your archives if you wish!

facets56743.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one reminds me of batman...

batman45764.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I am a horrible photographer...these are the best outdoor pics I can get. Any help for truly capturing fire???

facets3457457.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clear facet shot for the archives.

Facetshot4676.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
A little fire...

fire876568.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately the best fire shot I can get. So sad because this thing lights up like a christmas tree outside! Enjoy!!!

Gothgirl, if you see this, I think our cushions are sisters! Yours is the only other one with the same facet structure that I have seen.

fire2456457.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 11:56:49 AM
Author: neatfreak
Unfortunately the best fire shot I can get. So sad because this thing lights up like a christmas tree outside! Enjoy!!!

Gothgirl, if you see this, I think our cushions are sisters! Yours is the only other one with the same facet structure that I have seen.
oh this picture is sooooo pretty!! When you edit the pics, make them like 700mpx across and really zoom in on the stone hehehe... I''m sooooo in love with cushions! I need to find a job in the industry so I can make more $$ to spend on - ha!! you guessed it!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 11:54:00 AM
this one is pretty too....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra, this is just for you if it works...trying to come in close...

IMG_1630.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...not so much. I''ll try for you when I have a bit more time later.
2.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak:
Your ring/diamond is just lovely. I have a new appreciation for cushions through my exposure on PS and your ring is right up there.

You are right, it is very difficult to take pictures of diamonds and capturing the fire is the most difficult of all. But just think of how much fun you''ll have trying!
36.gif

Beautiful ring, thanks for the pictures!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous
36.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
that cushions a beauty!! hmmmm if only i could get 1 of each shape....
27.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 12:08:03 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
Neatfreak:
Your ring/diamond is just lovely. I have a new appreciation for cushions through my exposure on PS and your ring is right up there.

You are right, it is very difficult to take pictures of diamonds and capturing the fire is the most difficult of all. But just think of how much fun you''ll have trying!
36.gif

Beautiful ring, thanks for the pictures!
it is fun to learn... I have to say it isn''t at all hard to capture fire on my stone - but it is VERY hard for me to capture an all whitelight return look - that brilliant white sort of look that almost every other diamond here does very well. Oh well! LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 12:03:17 PM
Cehra, this is just for you if it works...trying to come in close...
that is just such a pretty picture! Such a pretty stone :)

Mrs.Cruz

Rough_Rock
Neatfreak: I would love to know what camera you are using to capture such good pics. Everytime I try to take closeups of my diamond they turn out very blurry. I have tried every setting on my digital.....and still nothing. I have tried to convince my honey to buy a new one but he refuses because he doesn''t understand the point in photograhing a ring (especially when it costs another three hundred to do so).

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is such a gorgeous stone...
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak, I adore your cushion!!! Great pics!!!!
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I love it more and more each day and I am SO HAPPY that we decided to go with a smaller nicer stone and a gorgeous setting rather than trying to go for size. Since we''re both graduate students this was a stretch for us, but we couldn''t be more thrilled. Even my fiance has been lurking on here to see what people have said about it, and now he can''t wait to buy me more jewelry! So thanks everyone for securing my future jewelry purchases!

I can tell you I get SOOOO many looks on the street here because this stone throws off so much light and so many rainbows. It is very blingy for Madison, WI. Wraps, yellow gold, and marquis are the norm here, so people aren''t used to seeing rings like this one.

Mrs. Cruz, thanks for the compliments! I actually think my pictures aren''t great, as I only seem to be able to capture the white light return when this stone throws off rainbows everywhere. I actually used two cameras to try and get the best shots. My fiance''s camera is a Canon plain old digital camera, one of the pocketshot ones (I don''t have it in front of me). Mine is a Panasonic Lumix with a 10x zoom and is a great camera too. Mine is a bit clunkier than his, but takes better pictures in most situations. His does seem to take better macro pictures than mine, but not by much. Overall, I think my camera is a bit better for most situations...except diamonds!
2.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 11:54:45 AM
Sorry I am a horrible photographer...these are the best outdoor pics I can get. Any help for truly capturing fire???

Horrible photographer???? you''re crazy!! the pics are gorgeous!!!

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock

Ha! Holy Sparkles, Batman--I love love love it!

Ohhh boy. Am I EVER gonna be able to make this decision?

Your ring is delicious. Now I think I''m leaning toward the cushion because it''s a bit more interesting than the RB.

Thanks for indulging me!
36.gif

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock

Ha! Holy Sparkles, Batman--I love love love it!

Ohhh boy. Am I EVER gonna be able to make this decision?

Your ring is delicious. Now I think I''m leaning toward the cushion because it''s a bit more interesting than the RB.

Thanks for indulging me!
36.gif

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops! Double post, me toooo!

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Neatfreak - I was on vacation and now I am back and saw your ring. It is GORGEOUS!!! I am trying to decide what I like better, RB or Cushion and yours is making me lean toward cushion. It is perfect!

One question about the Ritani setting (which I love on you) - does it sit high? One thing I know is that I dont want too high of a setting....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 4:39:10 PM
Author: sunnygirl
Neatfreak - I was on vacation and now I am back and saw your ring. It is GORGEOUS!!! I am trying to decide what I like better, RB or Cushion and yours is making me lean toward cushion. It is perfect!

One question about the Ritani setting (which I love on you) - does it sit high? One thing I know is that I dont want too high of a setting....

Thanks for the compliment! I LOVE my ring and I get comments on it all the time because even though the setting is a classic subtle look, the stone is unique.

To answer your other question, the stone sits pretty low actually. The setting itself (like the sides of the band) sit up higher than some others to make up strenthwise for the thin band. But it''s not noticeable to anyone but me really.

As for the RB or cushion, if you''re considering this setting, it looks GREAT with both. You can go into a store that carries ritani and likely try it on with a RB and a princess. Not exactly the same look, but it will give you a few ideas as to what you like better round or squareish.

Here is a better picture of the side from the back:

callcushside33245.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here is it from the side. This is my favorite angle of all actually!

callcushside.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
NF, your ring is so pretty! Really, it''s one of my favs on ps and I love the general shape of your cushion and the thin ritani band. It''s definitely blingy for Madison!! When I was there I saw a lot of tiny e-rings. Definitely a little bigger out here in LA LOL!!

A tip for getting fire shots. On a sunny day, take pictures with the curtains closed in diffused natural lighting. Here''s an example of a shot I got through a closed curtain. Turn the flash off and hold your hand really steady.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
..oops, picture didn''t post.

wb_1kkkk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results