shape
carat
color
clarity

Moonstone ring arrived!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
it is. and i truly truly mean it. i try to be supportive of all jewelry reveals. But your emerald cluster is my favorite gemstone ring. because i love old cuts. i love white diamond surrounds on a columbian green emerald. thank you for starting the thread!!

I love all of the jewelry here, too. And "favourite" is of course subjective. I definitely don't think mine is "the best" or anything like that, although it is obviously closest to my heart! I love drooling over others' pieces on here - there are such exquisite pieces posted!

I have a soft spot for daisy designs. Diamonds surrounding a coloured stone are always amazing in my book :)

Last edited:

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
You guys... I couldn't resist:

Attachments

• OrangeBeastieWearingMoonstones2.jpg
    OrangeBeastieWearingMoonstones2.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 5
  • OrangeBeastieWearingMoonstones.jpg
    OrangeBeastieWearingMoonstones.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 5

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Moonstones are magical and that is a beautiful ring.
Your hands are beautiful too. Mine are short and spotty, so will you be the hand model for my rings??
Also I got a kick out of your wanting to be petite. I envy tall women on a regular basis, and wearing heels does not help all that much, so I can only dream.
So I suppose it’s like straight and curly hair, no matter which we have, we look longingly at the other. : )
Wear in good health!

:) It's funny you mention the hair thing, because I had straight hair until puberty, at which point my hair became a tangled mess of curls! I thought it was the weirdest thing ever, but I have since met two other women whose hair did the same thing. I have had both kinds of hair and I can safely say that straight hair is a DREAM to take care of compared to this hair of mine that threatens to turn into dreadlocks on a daily basis! *ARGH*

I would love modeling your rings! You are too kind :) Everyone's responses in this thread have made me think that maybe I have a distorted view of myself. My husband tells me he likes my hands but all I can see are my crooked fingers and spots.

If I'm being honest, being tall has some advantages; I always had women asking me to get stuff for them from the tall shelves at supermarkets before I was injured. Then again, I can almost never find pants that are long enough. Lol. Such silly stuff, I suppose.

Thank you for your kind words and your good wishes :) Moonstones really are magical and I love them almost as much as I love emeralds!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is an ethereal beauty that looks lovely on your beautiful hand. Wishing you a speedy return to excellent health and vitality.

Thank you so very much for your kind words; they mean more than you know. <3

I am overwhelmed by the kindness everyone has shown in this thread; thank you all so much. I really don't have words.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Didn't post any photos on PS. I have good images under the daylight, but not so good under the yellow one. The source of the light I used probably wasn't a true yellow, I want to buy a gemologist torch and try to photograph the stone again. It is of Russian origin and definitely needs its certificate from a reputable lab. I hope the Lotus lab can help with certifying its origin but I don't want to mail anything far away at the moment :bigsmile:. Another option we had considered is to pack 2-3 cars and go on family vacation to Carlsbad, CA, hopefully next year, so my daughter and I can deliver some of our precious stones in person to the GIA lab.

Meanwhile I have my own projects, moving more slowly than I had planned...

I am happy you have your dear shiny and sparkling things to stare at and entertain yourself. They look gorgeous and harmonious on your beautiful fingers. Hope they help you with keeping your spirits up during this trying time. :love:

Oooh, your stone is so intriguing!! Buying a gemologist's light sounds like a great idea, actually :) I should do that, too, because I love taking photos of my jewelry as a hobby. Definitely don't mail anything far away right now!!! The family trip to Carlsbad sounds like a ton of fun! Do that instead :D I love any excuse to go to California! It's such a stunning state!

I am doing my best to keep my spirits up! You guys are a huge help in that regard :) Thank you all so much!!!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely, most delicious ring! The sheen and light play of the moonstones is just mesmerizing. I’ve only recently developed a deep appreciation of them and yours is the Holy Grail of moonstone rings in my opinion!! Enjoy!!

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
What an absolutely, most delicious ring! The sheen and light play of the moonstones is just mesmerizing. I’ve only recently developed a deep appreciation of them and yours is the Holy Grail of moonstone rings in my opinion!! Enjoy!!

I never knew that moonstones could look like this. I was surprised to stumble across this ring and when it arrived, I was blown away. I am so humbled that my ring is so appreciated. I am deeply touched and honoured that you would say this. Thank you so much!!! <3

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
He is a very cute and cooperative ‘Beastie’.

Not as much as your little cutie-pie! That photograph is the definition of adorable!! I wish ours would wear crowns that cooperatively. The one time we tried a jingle bell collar (in the style of a court jester, for Christmastime), he curled up on the floor like a bean and glared at us until we removed the offending garment. Baby steps. He's tolerating the small crowns but he has his limits.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Not as much as your little cutie-pie! That photograph is the definition of adorable!! I wish ours would wear crowns that cooperatively. The one time we tried a jingle bell collar (in the style of a court jester, for Christmastime), he curled up on the floor like a bean and glared at us until we removed the offending garment. Baby steps. He's tolerating the small crowns but he has his limits.

Ha ha yes. Thanks, although I look at the photo and I can see he isn’t very happy. It’s just too much fun dressing up pets :lol: I keep meaning to change the photo when I get a better picture of him with jewellery. One day...

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! How sweet of you! These flowers have one of the best form and color I have ever seen! Classic! Pure shade of love and outstanding beauty! Thank you for thinking of me! :kiss2:

I can't tell you how happy you made my husband! He cares for the roses because I am physically unable to, and he has a very intricate system of carefully measured fertilizers and watering, applied at specific times and adjusted for weather and other things. He's an amazing gardener and it's because of him that the roses are so healthy. I chose the rose variety precisely because I wanted the classic red rose. You made our day :) :) :)

I'll pass along your compliments to His Lordship. He'll be pleased! ;-) I think he enjoys wearing cat-sized crowns, but he pretends that it's a great personal sacrifice.

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
Hello again! I apologise deeply for the delay in responding; pain levels have been high the last couple of days and I tend to curl up in a ball and attempt to read or watch TV when pain gets bad. I miss walking! I miss moving! I am so thoroughly sick of lying in bed!!!!

Anyway.

Here are a couple of photos with the ring on my hand. For reference, the ring is a size 7. I was in the middle of photographing the ring on my left hand when my husband swooped in like Batman and spirited the ring away to the jeweler, who is testing the stones and metal just to make 100% sure the ring is what it is supposed to be. Again, I don't anticipate any surprises, but I always get jewelry I bought online tested independently. He's had it for more than 24 hours and I am impatient to get my little pretty back!!! (To clarify, he already had a line of projects to complete when this was presented to him, so I don't think he's taking too long or anything at this point. I just want my new friend back home with me :) )
RingOnHand1.jpg RingOnHand3.jpg
I don't like posting photos of my hands because I am self-conscious about how large they are. People make fun of women who have "man hands" and at 5'11", I definitely qualify. I envy women who have dainty hands!

Thank you all so much for your kind words and general positivity :) I feel as though I've been given a warm Internet hug. <3

Love this on your hand! Its beautiful and so happy she is in your collection now!! You do not have man hands! I wish I had long fingers like you! :) Love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results