shape
carat
color
clarity

Moonstone ring arrived!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Hello, everybody! I posted about buying a moonstone ring back in late June, for I was concerned about having paid too much. The consensus here was that I hadn't. My thanks to you all once again for providing much-needed support and handholding in that thread! ;-) I promised I would post pictures once it arrived. The monthly payments have all been made and in the meantime, my personal life has devolved into complete chaos (hence the radio silence), but the ring is here, along with promised photos! (Apologies in advance for my camera phone photography!!)
Moonstone_1.jpg Moonstone_3.jpg Moonstone_4.jpg Moonstone_5.jpg
Minor quibble: The ring arrived in a completely generic cardboard ring box, the kind you get with mall jewelry, and it was thrown into a thin paper envelope for shipping; no additional padding was used. The ring box was slightly dented from shipping but the ring itself seems okay. This bothered me because it occurred in conjunction with the seller dragging her feet in shipping the ring to me. It took multiple promptings from me and two weeks' time to receive the ring from the date of last payment. The jewelry I've bought online has, until now, arrived overnight and in a nice presentation box; I have never had to chase down sellers to ship jewelry before this. Admittedly I am not exactly seeing things from rose-coloured glasses right now due to the things going on in my life, but the overall feeling I got from the seller was "Eh, here you go."

The new pretty is taking a trip to the jeweler's tomorrow just to officially ID the stones, and to show it off as well. I don't foresee any surprises but of course I will update if there are any!

Last edited:

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
oh wow, i have never seen anything like this before.. it's unique and beautiful! congrats!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations one such a gorgeous ring!
it's got such a beautiful translucent inner glow!
they all look so nicely matched together!
Enjoy!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, this is magical! I love it!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
It is trully memorizing :kiss2:
I hope things for you become calmer soon =)2

:wavey:Hello there, friend! You are transitioning into warmer weather, are you not? While we are heading into fall!
And thank you very much! The ring is really interesting in that it looks kind of bulky and large in photos, but in person it is surprisingly dainty. It's a weird ring :) Very pretty, I'm very pleased! (Though not with the ring "box," haha!)
I appreciate your well wishes. Things are really complicated to say the least.

Last edited:

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations one such a gorgeous ring!
it's got such a beautiful translucent inner glow!
they all look so nicely matched together!
Enjoy!

Thank you, thank you :D The moonstones are really well matched, you've got a good eye! The adularescence differs slightly but overall the blue tone is surprisingly consistent across all the pieces. I've never seen moonstone like this before! I've only seen the milky "new age" jewelry kind of moonstone and while I do love those pieces (I have several myself!) this one blows them out of the water. It is far past bedtime but I am awake, staring at it :) (And posting on Pricescope, of course!)

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Ah, this is magical! I love it!

To hear someone call my beloved piece "magical" warms my heart! Thank you so much :) I really don't want to take it off, ever! If only moonstones were higher on the Mohs scale, I'd wear this puppy all the time. I have the ring in my avatar temporarily relegated to my right hand. Such bling :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey:Hello there, friend! You are transitioning into warmer weather, are you not? While we are heading into fall!
And thank you very much! The ring is really interesting in that it looks kind of bulky and large in photos, but in person it is surprisingly dainty. It's a weird ring :) Very pretty, I'm very pleased! (Though not with the ring "box," haha!)
I appreciate your well wishes. Things are really complicated to say the least.

Things will smooth over in time, i hope your moonstone give you many moments of happiness
A dark and stormy night here - just had a power cut - i wouldn't be surprised if a tree came down somewhere - but yes the days are now longer than the nights :appl: and spring has sprung

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it. Glowalicious. Wear in good health and blingy joy. ❤️

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful! can you share some video when you have time? what a unique ring, wear it in good health.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s gorgeous!! Congrats and thanks for sharing the pics

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful and I am sure the photos don't do it justice. If you have time, could you post a hand shot pic from farther away so we can admire a real life perspective?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful and I am sure the photos don't do it justice. If you have time, could you post a hand shot pic from farther away so we can admire a real life perspective?

This. Please! It’s gorgeous and I need more pics!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's a very pretty piece

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I have missed the thread you started before buying the ring. I agree with others, the stones are beautiful! I checked the prices at the place I want to buy a moonstone, and saw they charge $100/ct for the same quality as yours are. The seller is in Sri Lanka. So in the USA the price per carat for the perfectly matching stones is higher, of course. I love your ring! :kiss2: I don't like the box it was placed in and the reckless packaging... Sorry you experienced such a bad customer service, I understand how you feel. Hope everything in your life goes back to normal very soon.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love it and hope all checks out! I am sorry the experience was lacking but seems like it was well worth it! Beautiful!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, my goodness! How magical! Count me in as another who would love more pictures when you have time! So beautiful.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Those moonstones are very, very, nice ones. I'd also like to see many more pictures.
I think you're the lucky owner of a truly unique ring.
That ring will never be put in a cardboard box again!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Hello again! I apologise deeply for the delay in responding; pain levels have been high the last couple of days and I tend to curl up in a ball and attempt to read or watch TV when pain gets bad. I miss walking! I miss moving! I am so thoroughly sick of lying in bed!!!!

Anyway.

Here are a couple of photos with the ring on my hand. For reference, the ring is a size 7. I was in the middle of photographing the ring on my left hand when my husband swooped in like Batman and spirited the ring away to the jeweler, who is testing the stones and metal just to make 100% sure the ring is what it is supposed to be. Again, I don't anticipate any surprises, but I always get jewelry I bought online tested independently. He's had it for more than 24 hours and I am impatient to get my little pretty back!!! (To clarify, he already had a line of projects to complete when this was presented to him, so I don't think he's taking too long or anything at this point. I just want my new friend back home with me :) )
RingOnHand1.jpg RingOnHand3.jpg
I don't like posting photos of my hands because I am self-conscious about how large they are. People make fun of women who have "man hands" and at 5'11", I definitely qualify. I envy women who have dainty hands!

Thank you all so much for your kind words and general positivity :) I feel as though I've been given a warm Internet hug. <3

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again! I apologise deeply for the delay in responding; pain levels have been high the last couple of days and I tend to curl up in a ball and attempt to read or watch TV when pain gets bad. I miss walking! I miss moving! I am so thoroughly sick of lying in bed!!!!

Anyway.

Here are a couple of photos with the ring on my hand. For reference, the ring is a size 7. I was in the middle of photographing the ring on my left hand when my husband swooped in like Batman and spirited the ring away to the jeweler, who is testing the stones and metal just to make 100% sure the ring is what it is supposed to be. Again, I don't anticipate any surprises, but I always get jewelry I bought online tested independently. He's had it for more than 24 hours and I am impatient to get my little pretty back!!! (To clarify, he already had a line of projects to complete when this was presented to him, so I don't think he's taking too long or anything at this point. I just want my new friend back home with me :) )
I don't like posting photos of my hands because I am self-conscious about how large they are. People make fun of women who have "man hands" and at 5'11", I definitely qualify. I envy women who have dainty hands!

Thank you all so much for your kind words and general positivity :) I feel as though I've been given a warm Internet hug. <3

Aww your hands are beautiful!! I have size 7.5 fingers but my fingers are short and chubby. You have nice long fingers and this ring fits perfectly on it. The size of the whole piece is perfection!! I hope you are in love with it and get your baby back soon.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Anyway.

This is a beautiful shot. Can you take more photos from a distance? This perspective view really emphasizes its glow. It’s stunning and magical.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Aww your hands are beautiful!! I have size 7.5 fingers but my fingers are short and chubby. You have nice long fingers and this ring fits perfectly on it. The size of the whole piece is perfection!! I hope you are in love with it and get your baby back soon.

Thank you for saying so! I guess I do have long fingers but I always look past that and focus on how large my hands are overall. I shall try to focus on the positive but I still wish I were a dainty person.

And I am totally in love with this latest piece! I was blown away when I opened the box. I adore moonstones and it's hard to find ones that are not cloudy :)

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
This is a beautiful shot. Can you take more photos from a distance? This perspective view really emphasizes its glow. It’s stunning and magical.

Thanks! My photography leaves a lot to be desired but I like to think it gets the point across :) I shall take more distance photos once it gets back from the jeweler's! (Should be Friday at the latest.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results