shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s pear ring before and after

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I did not know that my mom set out to have her classic 3 stone reset........... I sure wish I would have known. She kept it secret from me in case I would talk her out of it. I personally am not boiled over with the reset...(but I didn''t let her know that). I get the feeling she is not in love with it either. I think it is too "chunky". If only I had known she wanted this to be done, I would have had her send it to Leon or have kept it in the classic 3 stone which I love!

30.gif

Before:

3 pears.JPG

After:

DSCF7212.JPG

26.gif

DSCF7213.JPG

Profile... personally, I think she had it set too high. I would have had it more flush set to protect the stone more...

DSCF7215.JPG

Hibiscus...
1.gif

DSCF7221.JPG

I prefer the original setting, what a lovely pear!

It is beautiful though. I''m sure she''s happy to have more bling and finger coverage.

Hmmm. I see what she was trying to do... but I liked it better before too!

Well, I''m a fan of simple, classic styles, and while the new ring is definitely blingy, it doesn''t stop my heart like the before does!

Its definitely blinging! I bet it sparkles like mad!!

WOW! That is a SERIOUS ring!

Like you, I prefer the original and think the new one is a bit chunky...I think a more delicate halo would have been fabulous! oh well. It is definitely blingy and has tons of finger coverage!!

With some tweeking of the prongs and some shaving down of the gallery of the second setting it could really be gorgeous... but I, myself a solitaire classic type of girl. the first setting was so fab! And you are so right.... her pear would have looked knockout in a Leon claw prong setting, with maybe a very VERY delicate halo.....

Date: 2/26/2009 10:47:54 AM
Author: Lorelei
I prefer the original setting, what a lovely pear!

yah me too--beautiful pear!

Date: 2/26/2009 12:53:21 PM
Author: SparkleNut
With some tweeking of the prongs and some shaving down of the gallery of the second setting it could really be gorgeous... but I, myself a solitaire classic type of girl. the first setting was so fab! And you are so right.... her pear would have looked knockout in a Leon claw prong setting, with maybe a very VERY delicate halo.....

I agree I think it definately needs some tweeking. In this case Less is more. I invision a gorgeous setting from Leon with halos around the Pear sidestones ONLY!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
BTW... her pear is 1.50 cts and the sidestones are approx. .4Octs each I am guessing.

it''s definitely a show stopper!
9.gif

I can''t decide which version I prefer, honestly. I like the simplicity of the original, but I love the extra bling of the new setting. Gee, what a dilemma.
9.gif

I prefer the first one also but hopefully she loves it. It definitely has the bling factor
9.gif

Wow - that turned into some ring! I too prefer the simplicity of the first ring but if she''s happy with it, that''s all that matters!

Date: 2/26/2009 10:47:59 AM
Author: makemepretty
It is beautiful though. I''m sure she''s happy to have more bling and finger coverage.
ditto. I love pears!

Mama''s all blinged out now!!!! Wowza, although the original was very pretty too!

HI:

Lovely!!!

cheers--Sharon

Holy bling!!!!! I do think I liked it better the first way, but I DEFINITELY wouldn''t say no to the re-set!!
36.gif

Holy smokes! Serious bling! Although I do too prefer the before ''simpler'' setting...

WOW!!!!! Gorgeous!!!! I loved it before and I love the after!

Wow super blingy - it''s awesome and beautiful!

Personally I like the first setting better. Personally her center stone looks smaller to me in the new setting than it did in the first one.

Then again I am not an ultra blingy person so...

all of those stones the side ones included are so stunning, the new setting takes away from it. I mean if she wants show stopping BLINNG then sweet. I do love that classic setting tho. i hope she gets what she wants!

Holy cow, that is some serious finger coverage!

goodness, talk about a ring!!! it''s stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP