shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s Christmas - Pink Tourmaline Re-set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I hope my first pic works...

This is a little project that my mom was originally asking for my help with - she had a very high, claw-prong, yg split set shank setting with a round (6mm) pink tourmaline that she acquired via ebay. From the description, this sounds very pretty, but the head really overwhelmed the stone and the split shank was really too wide of a gap. It looked a little too much like a cocktail ring and wasn''t really mom''s style. In the setting, the stone didn''t sparkle at all (looked really dull) and I often questioned her desire to re-set it - wondered if the thing was even a genuine tourmaline. I WISH I had pictures of the "before," but sadly, I don''t...

So, a couple weeks prior to Christmas, I did a little bit of elfing and "lifted" the ring while out to dinner with mom, since I knew she had been carrying it around in her purse (!). I then met my father at our local jeweler''s. Together, we found a half-bezel two-tone setting that just happened to fit the stone. My father picked the ring up about a week later and e-mailed me pics - we were both STUNNED with the change.

I thought sure she noticed me take the ring, but it turns out she had no idea! It was so much fun to surprise her.
1.gif

mompt1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks great!
36.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Another shot (I have a few..)
1.gif

mompt5.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
With her wedding set

momptboth.jpg

kizmet

Rough_Rock
What a nice thing to do for your mom! And the ring just looks beautiful. But I love that your mom didn''t notice you lifted the ring!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Profile shot

momptprofile2.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m modeling it here... she was very impatient when I was taking these!
2.gif

momptonme.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments! I still can''t believe how well it turned out!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that you were able to sneak it from her without her knowing! What a great reset and I love the pink color of the tourmaline!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring...love the setting and the color of the tourmaline is just scrumptious! Congrats to your mom!!!
36.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
OH I love that colour!!! Beautiful!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that turned out great. It''s really pretty. Nice "redo".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results