shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Shipped July 9
Not rushing, this being COVID times and all, but the predicted date of delivery is Aug 22. Is that a conservative prediction?
How long has shipping taken from Starsgem to the US in the somewhat recent past?

That is very odd. I paid for DHL and the last two packages from them that have arrived have been within a week. My recent Tianyu package is predicting exactly a week as well.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very odd. I paid for DHL and the last two packages from them that have arrived have been within a week. My recent Tianyu package is predicting exactly a week as well.

the jubilee moissy i mentioned above took over a month to arrive (not via DHL though, shipping for that was something like $3)

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I would not go by the predicted. I would wait for the actual shipping label tracking to start. If you pay the $35-$40, you know you will get it in 3-5 business days. If it was $3 shipping, then it can take closer to 6 weeks. The Speedpak is pretty reliable because of the cost and that is usually what they chose when you have a ring made. Some of the loose stones might be sent for $3 unless a request for something faster is made.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't pay $35-40 for shipping. Because our businesses were still mostly closed when I ordered, I wasn't in a rush, so just went with the cheaper shipping offered on ebay. $3? Something close to that. I was surprised at that price, but that's also why I'm not shocked at the timeframe for delivery, just curious, but on Ebay, the delivery date has a month's span listed, July 22-Aug 22

It's China Post tracking, says on July 9
  • Processed Through Facility
  • GUANGZHOU EMS
It will get here when it gets here. Of course, I want it here yesterday, now!

Thanks for the input, everyone.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Only one has arrived, a pear bezel pendant. I don't ADORE it, but I don't hate it either. I should have gone smaller on the stone, but I mean, it's not a hardship to wear a giant shiny pear.

IMG_20200618_160944.jpg

Still pending:

7mm square radiant in platinum w/ pave shank - this one had a manufacturing error and so I'm waiting for new pics.
5 stone cushion band
5 stone 9x7 emerald cut with baguette sides. Waiting for a CAD on this

and from Tianyu, checking out their version of the Tiffany True cut in a solitaire.

That’s a beautiful pendant! What size is the stone?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
That’s a beautiful pendant! What size is the stone?

9x7

ETA: this one is hitting loupetroop as it's just too big and I'm going to get one smaller.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
9x7

ETA: this one is hitting loupetroop as it's just too big and I'm going to get one smaller.

Could you maybe please post a neckshot? Just to see how this size looks.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Could you maybe please post a neckshot? Just to see how this size looks.

I've been asked for that a couple of times and I can't say I don't think it's weird because I have no idea how to convey what the size of my neck is, but I will try to get one that doesn't make me look like a barge today.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My marquise arrived
Ordered on June 29, I can't complain about the shipping time. Hopefully my jeweler is open.
I'll attach a few pictures. I plan to set her in my original e-ring setting, a yg solitaire. It currently has that dull cz in it. :(
Any one know of a head that would work, other than the classic six prong? Otherwise, she'll be the classic 80s marquise, nothing wrong with that!
20200727_131158.jpg View attachment 768736 20200727_130925.jpg
20200727_130915.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
My marquise arrived
Ordered on June 29, I can't complain about the shipping time. Hopefully my jeweler is open.
I'll attach a few pictures. I plan to set her in my original e-ring setting, a yg solitaire. It currently has that dull cz in it. :(
Any one know of a head that would work, other than the classic six prong? Otherwise, she'll be the classic 80s marquise, nothing wrong with that!
20200727_130915.jpg
I don’t know if you are in the reddit moissanite group? A lot of the people from here are over there now. I have seen quite a few marquise ring projects. Small halo’s or an East/West bezel setting. if you go to the r/moissanite sub, you can search for ‘marquise‘ to see the threads.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@swaye2010

I'm not on reddit, but I'm about to look into it! :)

Thanks for the tip.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
My marquise arrived
20200727_130915.jpg

Omg!!! I love this so much. :kiss2: I don’t see any bow tie at all and it looks so sparkly.

I am definitely adding this to my loose stone list; I’m glad Starsgem has improved their modern fancy cuts because now I can expand my future projects list. :lol-2:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg!!! I love this so much. :kiss2: I don’t see any bow tie at all and it looks so sparkly.

I am definitely adding this to my loose stone list; I’m glad Starsgem has improved their modern fancy cuts because now I can expand my future projects list. :lol-2:

Yes!
I meant to comment on the bowtie. Or lack of bowtie. I was just so excited to post, I forgot.
I don't have a marquise to compare it to, but I honestly am so happy with this little stone, I know I'll enjoy wearing it and giving my original ring a life again. (So happy I didn't scrap it when I reset. Who knew that 10 plus years later, I'd be missing my original? My jeweler, I guess :) )
I'll be happy to go to Starsgem again. They were so easy to work with, despite a pandemic, it came in less than a month, and I love the stone.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Yes!
I meant to comment on the bowtie. Or lack of bowtie. I was just so excited to post, I forgot.
I don't have a marquise to compare it to, but I honestly am so happy with this little stone, I know I'll enjoy wearing it and giving my original ring a life again. (So happy I didn't scrap it when I reset. Who knew that 10 plus years later, I'd be missing my original? My jeweler, I guess :) )
I'll be happy to go to Starsgem again. They were so easy to work with, despite a pandemic, it came in less than a month, and I love the stone.

I’m really glad you bought it. I’ve wanted a marquise ever since I saw a marquise ring by one of the Indian vendors, but I hesitated because someone a while back bought one and was disappointed with it (and for good reason). Yours looks beautiful and white so the cutters have definitely been improving over the last few years. Can’t wait to see how it looks in your setting!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dropped the marquise off at my jewelers for setting.
The saleswoman was great. "Is this a diamond? Moissanite? It's gorgeous! Where did you get it? I've been wanting a marquise moissanite or cz."
I wonder why her boss can't get her one?
Hopefully I'll have it by midweek.

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Wow
Picked her up today! 20200825_193212.jpg
WOW!!! This is absolutely beautiful!!! :kiss2: Ok, I’m swooning and am jealous. How do you like it???

Also, if you don’t mind, would it be possible to see a profile shot? I want to see how high the setting is. =)2

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sd_flp
I really like her! Though just a carat, she feels big, so that will
Take getting used to. I guess its the shape, as I wear a 1 carat round often.

I can take profile pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp
I really like her! Though just a carat, she feels big, so that will
Take getting used to. I guess its the shape, as I wear a 1 carat round often.

I can take profile pictures tomorrow.

No worries! And good to know it feels big; one of the aspects I love about the marquise is its generous finger coverage with little carat weight. I might opt for a .50-.75 then when I’m ready to buy. :)

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help me out here, friends, in the pictures above, the prongs on the points look weird to me. Is that really how a marquise should be set?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Help me out here, friends, in the pictures above, the prongs on the points look weird to me. Is that really how a marquise should be set?

Now that I zoom in, I see what you mean. I am surprised that they did it this way. The prongs should really hug the stone.
5F90BA45-D2F8-4D0C-BFD5-37AFEBA88C4B.jpeg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@swaye2010
Thank you. That's what I was thinking, too.
I guess I'll be going back to see the jeweler.

This is actually the second issue with this ring. Yesterday, when I went to pick it up, they hadn't sized it for me. No way it was going on 1.5 sizes smaller than what I need now. BUT they apologized profusely and sized it there and then, and didn't charge me for the sizing, either. So we'll see what he says.

Thanks, again.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010

This is actually the second issue with this ring. Yesterday, when I went to pick it up, they hadn't sized it for me. No way it was going on 1.5 sizes smaller than what I need now. BUT they apologized profusely and sized it there and then, and didn't charge me for the sizing, either. So we'll see what he says.

Thanks, again.

I didn’t realize that it wasn’t SG that made the ring. Usually they are those V prongs to protect the tip. I don’t think it quite works the way they have left the gap there.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@swaye2010

Thanks, again.

Good luck. I think we PSers are much more discriminating about our jewelry than most. My local jewelers are not quite up to snuff for what I now expect! Pretty ring though and fab way to try a different shapes!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you.
I think his saleswoman is going to be ordering a stone from Starsgem, I gave her the info when I originally dropped off the stone for setting, and she told me she's been looking.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping this even though I know this thread is old…

I just received my elongated ACC yesterday from Starsgem. Size 9x7, GH color. Price was only $64 plus shipping and pp fees. It’s pretty, although I’m not sure how much I like it. It’s a little too “small” for a cocktail RHR and a little too big for my liking to be a pendant. The cut is ok, but for $64 I can’t complain too much. It’s pretty for what it is, so for now I’ll enjoy it in its gem box. I’ve also got a loose oval opal coming in the mail for me so I think once I compare the two I’ll make a decision on my future projects. =)2

Using a stone holder to make it sit upright. I love that it’s a soft white and not that harsh, icy white. :kiss2:

FE438DC3-600C-4BA2-BCF8-D72A5369E6DA.jpeg
C096A9D1-4BC0-45C4-B76C-D1A7CB777576.jpeg 090960AC-B01C-463C-BCE3-6EF8C667246D.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this even though I know this thread is old…

I just received my elongated ACC yesterday from Starsgem. Size 9x7, GH color. Price was only $64 plus shipping and pp fees. It’s pretty, although I’m not sure how much I like it. It’s a little too “small” for a cocktail RHR and a little too big for my liking to be a pendant. The cut is ok, but for $64 I can’t complain too much. It’s pretty for what it is, so for now I’ll enjoy it in its gem box. I’ve also got a loose oval opal coming in the mail for me so I think once I compare the two I’ll make a decision on my future projects. =)2

Using a stone holder to make it sit upright. I love that it’s a soft white and not that harsh, icy white. :kiss2:

FE438DC3-600C-4BA2-BCF8-D72A5369E6DA.jpeg
C096A9D1-4BC0-45C4-B76C-D1A7CB777576.jpeg 090960AC-B01C-463C-BCE3-6EF8C667246D.jpeg

It's pretty! I keep looking for an antique egg shape pear- I'd love to have one of those in an off white/soft yellow. I've only seen a picture of one cut on reddit, from Provence, I think. I've never bought from any of the vendors and I'm going to have to learn how!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results