shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

AmeCici

Rough_Rock
Jumping into this thread because I’ve also been looking into getting a marquise cut moissanite through starsgem. Is Cherry a good rep to speak with?

Also, super new here, but swaye2010, I saw your asscher aquamarine on another thread recently and it’s so gorgeous and for an amazing price! If you wouldn’t mind sharing, I’d love to know who/where I could get gems like that from!

I never worked with cherry but I do always speak with Demi and had purchased 3 rings from her, to me it’s been really great to work with Demi.
She’s awesome. I pay my ring via PayPal then a day or so she sends me my cad. Once I approve my CAD then a full week later she sends me a video of my ring and if I approve, she then ships it same day and I usually get mines 4 days later after being shipped. I speak with her through WhatsApp It’s much quicker that way lol I’m also very impatient and having to be able to text / chat with her through that really helps and makes the process go by so much quicker knowing that I can message her any time asking any questions I may have.

Here’s her what’s app # just in case you would like to reach out to her : +86 177 7740 7925

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Jumping into this thread because I’ve also been looking into getting a marquise cut moissanite through starsgem. Is Cherry a good rep to speak with?

Also, super new here, but swaye2010, I saw your asscher aquamarine on another thread recently and it’s so gorgeous and for an amazing price! If you wouldn’t mind sharing, I’d love to know who/where I could get gems like that from!
Thank you! I am looking forward to receiving it. My tourmaline was cut first so I have been planning a setting for that one. The gem cutter I use is called Jim Buday [email protected] It depends on the cost of the rough but he can usually source most rough for under $200 and the cutting fee is like $75.

I have mostly just dealt with Cherry because there wasn’t a department for this in the beginning. There is Demi, Annabelle, Jocie and Lucy now so one of those can help you. I think all their WhatsApp numbers are listed on Alibaba if you search for Starsgem or you can email [email protected].

veridot

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I'll email Cherry and let her know. I'll definitely skip on the sandblasting this time if I manage to get Cherry to agree to get the ring redone.

It's pretty difficult to get good quality photos - cameras just don't seem to pick up on the finer details. I've even pulled out an old DSLR to do this. Hopefully I can take better photos in the coming days. This is what I have so far.

(Updated with a better photo)

IMG_20190628_001001.jpg

Update: Cherry responded, and now their stance is that they will cut me a new stone and place it into their current setting. I'm happy that they'll be handling the stone, but should I trust them with using the same setting? I was under the impression that bezels are pretty much permanent. I'm worried that this process will go on to then damage the setting.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Update: Cherry responded, and now their stance is that they will cut me a new stone and place it into their current setting. I'm happy that they'll be handling the stone, but should I trust them with using the same setting? I was under the impression that bezels are pretty much permanent. I'm worried that this process will go on to then damage the setting.
I have always understood that you have to sacrifice one or the other. Meaning either the bezel or the stone. Since they are willing to sacrifice the stone, they might be able to rework the bezel. Nothing wrong with writing back and making your concerns clear and that you want to see pictures of the ring from all sides with close up’s before they mail it again. I am hoping that they can get it right for you and I am at least happy to hear that they are willing to try.

GemmyChoos

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I am looking forward to receiving it. My tourmaline was cut first so I have been planning a setting for that one. The gem cutter I use is called Jim Buday [email protected] It depends on the cost of the rough but he can usually source most rough for under $200 and the cutting fee is like $75.

I have mostly just dealt with Cherry because there wasn’t a department for this in the beginning. There is Demi, Annabelle, Jocie and Lucy now so one of those can help you. I think all their WhatsApp numbers are listed on Alibaba if you search for Starsgem or you can email [email protected].

Thank you so much! My wallet does ache a bit though, since I just bought a loose aqua that’s nowhere near as nice as yours for double . But hopefully my future gem purchases can be better.

Btw, so not trying to be creepy, but I just recognized your beauty of a ring from reddit! You’re such a gem, so helpful in all the boards!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much! My wallet does ache a bit though, since I just bought a loose aqua that’s nowhere near as nice as yours for double . But hopefully my future gem purchases can be better.

Btw, so not trying to be creepy, but I just recognized your beauty of a ring from reddit! You’re such a gem, so helpful in all the boards!
No problem...not creepy at all! I have been on PS for many years and I waited awhile to put anything on reddit. Now that I have put so much about the Chinese vendors and even some of my other projects, I feel an obligation to at least help out with people’s designs. I am sure if I stayed off the ring boards, my projects would stop but what fun is that!

Yes, if you do any more gemstones, take a look at Jim’s page r/shinyprecious. I met him on reddit from his posts and he is great.

AmeCici

Rough_Rock
What do y’all think of this 9x8 ? This is the only 9x8 they have instock and I was kinda hoping for a long culet like how others have instead of the circle.

F02C445D-8D19-47CC-AC59-713681AB0F10.jpeg C6C0ECF2-3BC2-4F93-B75B-03255615AEB7.jpeg

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
What do y’all think of this 9x8 ? This is the only 9x8 they have instock and I was kinda hoping for a long culet like how others have instead of the circle.

F02C445D-8D19-47CC-AC59-713681AB0F10.jpeg C6C0ECF2-3BC2-4F93-B75B-03255615AEB7.jpeg
If you wanted the long culet, ask them to cut one for you. So much better to wait and get what you want! Also, be specific about how long you want it- send an example picture. I’d consider the culet on mine medium- I’ve seen some much longer (not my preference) and I’ve seen some like yours (not my preference for a rectangular cushion).
Sharing pictures- why not right :lol-2:?- I have a 9 x 7.5
E77850D5-D245-4898-A6FD-836148B63845.jpeg
71DF092D-C9AF-428C-A985-5F786E3BACAE.jpeg

Attachments

• 1950ACAB-CC19-4420-92FD-24728E54516C.jpeg
    1950ACAB-CC19-4420-92FD-24728E54516C.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 156

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

I agree with anangel as her’s looks perfect. I would wait and get the cut with the long, thin culet. I haven’t seen them do a pinwheel culet in a slightly elongated version. I find those can be a little flat in daylight IMO.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

This isn’t the right thread for this post but I thought I would share the video of the aquamarine’s. He has a few extra available. They will be a little darker when cut and the one to the right will be that medium blue.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Finally got the engraving done now and I see they did the prongs too. Managed to get a full wheat pattern on there but it was tight. Hopefully I will have this by the end of next week. Center stone is 11x9 ACC G/H from Starsgem with diamond baguettes and setting by jeweler.

DD190011-2A47-489E-B2EF-51058F4454A7.jpeg
E11A6C1F-789C-448C-8B5B-D1B6625FD355.jpeg

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
This is beautiful!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Adding side pic too...the engraving is unique. I let them decide on what will work. It is looking pretty tall like my other cushion. If it is too high there is a chance I will send it to the gem cutter for a recut or replace it with a gemstone. I the 8x10 range as a max is good. Cushion’s in this size are just so deep. Another lesson learned!

29B99EA4-C031-4A53-AD08-7AA98D615731.jpeg

Emi101

Rough_Rock
3DB4F063-5097-453A-92E9-94A7D52E173F.jpeg 05383348-C894-4B5B-9105-2E95C4CD50D3.png 53D1FB86-0776-4CD4-86F0-B3A3E64A296D.png 458D9A9B-BF78-4C45-A2A4-A3E286EF7B42.jpeg I wanted to share my ring and cad that I just received today. I read a lot of very useful things on this board and the weddingbee board before I contacted starsgem through alibaba. The process was pretty simple because
I knew what I wanted. My ring is gorgeous. I love it so much! Thanks everyone for posting.
Ring specs: size 4.5, 6x8 rosecut moissanite oval in G color. The first picture is the ring on my hand which doesn’t do it justice, next is the cad, then the inspiration ring, and then the picture they sent me from their store. Hope this helps someone with rose cuts!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
3DB4F063-5097-453A-92E9-94A7D52E173F.jpeg 05383348-C894-4B5B-9105-2E95C4CD50D3.png 53D1FB86-0776-4CD4-86F0-B3A3E64A296D.png 458D9A9B-BF78-4C45-A2A4-A3E286EF7B42.jpeg I wanted to share my ring and cad that I just received today. I read a lot of very useful things on this board and the weddingbee board before I contacted starsgem through alibaba. The process was pretty simple because
I knew what I wanted. My ring is gorgeous. I love it so much! Thanks everyone for posting.
Ring specs: size 4.5, 6x8 rosecut moissanite oval in G color. The first picture is the ring on my hand which doesn’t do it justice, next is the cad, then the inspiration ring, and then the picture they sent me from their store. Hope this helps someone with rose cuts!
That really turned out nice. I love to see another rose cut. Congrats!

Zuzellm1

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Guys! So I have been reading your feeds for a while now and I decided to join! LOL I am a newbie to moissanites. I have done much research, seen videos, etc. I was going to go with a jeweler I saw in LA and they wanted to charge a ridiculous amount for my ring. I am super picky and am designing my own engagement ring because if I leave it up to Rick he will bring me back a ring pop. LOL. Anyways, I was skeptical about speaking to someone in China. The page I found has Stars Gem Co, LTd as their company and their page has a link to a store in Alibaba showing an owner name of Cherry. The IG Page is moissanite_rings - I noticed that some of the same videos are the same for an IG page moissanites_diamonds and another IG page moissanite_gems_jewelry I am assuming they are all employees and different sales reps - same addresses, same company name, same everything just different WhatsApp names and some have more videos than others. I have been speaking to someone on WhatsApp named "Lulu". She sent me a Proforma Invoice with an email address of [email protected] and the payment was to be made via Paypal to a [email protected] (let me know if this sounds legit and normal to you guys). I attached a photo of the ring I want for you to join me on this process LOL. I have researched the company checked out the IG pages and have read a bunch of your treads . THANKS TO YOU FOR THAT. I ordered the pictured ring Size 9. I was a size 8, but have gained some weight and now the 8 doesn't fit me. I am on a huge diet and am wondering if I will have any issues when I size it down in the future? More on the ring, my requests to Lulu is to replicate this ring, so we went with 14k White Gold, Elongated Crushed Ice Cushion Cut GH Moissanite 12x10mm (main stone) with two crushed ice half moon moissanites on each side / 1.4 carats each on a standard plain band I would say 1.6 - 1.8mm's so it can look as "dainty" as possible, but still be as "strong" as it should be. I am nervous because I don't know what to expect and the price was a fraction of the cost had I purchased it locally. I hope the GH are true "near colorless" as I have expressed that I do not want to see that ugly yellow hue to it. Lulu said the CAD should take 24-48 hours so I will see how that turns out. I sent her the original video with specifications from the original jeweler for their reference. I am in the beginning stages so I will keep you guys in the loop. Any feedback would be great, thanks!
IMG_7400.PNG

Last edited:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys! So I have been reading your feeds for a while now and I decided to join! LOL I am a newbie to moissanites. I have done much research, seen videos, etc. I was going to go with a jeweler I saw in LA and they wanted to charge a ridiculous amount for my ring. I am super picky and am designing my own engagement ring because if I leave it up to Rick he will bring me back a ring pop. LOL. Anyways, I was skeptical about speaking to someone in China. The page I found has Stars Gem Co, LTd as their company and their page has a link to a store in Alibaba showing an owner name of Cherry. The IG Page is moissanite_rings - I noticed that some of the same videos are the same for an IG page moissanites_diamonds and another IG page moissanite_gems_jewelry I am assuming they are all employees and different sales reps. I have been speaking to someone on WhatsApp named "Lulu". She sent me a Proforma Invoice that I am reviewing. I attached a photo of the ring I want for you to join me on this process LOL. I have researched the company checked out the IG pages and have read a bunch of your treads . THANKS TO YOU FOR THAT. I ordered the pictured ring Size 9. I was a size 8, but have gained some weight and now the 8 doesn't fit me. I am on a huge diet and am wondering if I will have any issues when I size it down in the future? More on the ring, my requests to Lulu is to replicate this ring, so we went with 14k White Gold, Elongated Crushed Ice Cushion Cut GH Moissanite 12x10mm (main stone) with two crushed ice half moon moissanites on each side / 1.4 carats each on a standard plain band I would say 1.6 - 1.8mm's so it can look as "dainty" as possible, but still be as "strong" as it should be. I am nervous because I don't know what to expect and the price was a fraction of the cost had I purchased it locally. I hope the GH are true "near colorless" as I have expressed that I do not want to see that ugly yellow hue to it. Lulu said the CAD should take 24-48 hours so I will see how that turns out. I sent her the original video with specifications from the original jeweler for there reference. I am in the beginning stages so I will keep you guys in the loop. Any feedback would be great, thanks!
IMG_7400.PNG
I recognize the picture from East/West Gem company in LA. I am not sure if you are going for a crisscut? It is kind of hard to tell from picture which cut it is.

Having been on these boards for awhile, I have seen some of the feedback about those rings and they really are fashion rings. Not made to stand up to daily wear as an e-ring. You will absolutely have to replace pave if you get a band that is 1.6 mm. It happened to 2 other people on weddingbee in the first 2 weeks that bought from E/W Gems. At the minimum, I would get 1.8 mm but really 2 mm. That is still very skinny. Since I have an 8.5 size finger and have had bands at all sizes, the really skinny bands just make fingers look bigger. They have a tendency to pinch the skin, especially when you have such a huge stone.

The other problem you are going to run into is the size of the stone. I would check to see how deep it is and how they are going to set it. The picture is of a ring that sits really low so a band won’t sit flush. When you go that big with moissanite though, it will be a very deep stone so it is hard to get it to sit that low unless I can see a side view on that ring. If you have a very skinny band and a very heavy stone, it will never sit upright. Typically a flush band can help anchor a ring in place when worn together but this doesn’t look like it will sit flush either. It is always helpful when people post first before getting to the CAD stage so we can give you some advice. I have made the mistake of going too thin on bands and have had to replace one already that was 1.6 mm and I have also gone too big on center stones. Both I had to get redone because of height issues..

Zuzellm1

Rough_Rock
Trade
I recognize the picture from East/West Gem company in LA. I am not sure if you are going for a crisscut? It is kind of hard to tell from picture which cut it is.

Having been on these boards for awhile, I have seen some of the feedback about those rings and they really are fashion rings. Not made to stand up to daily wear as an e-ring. You will absolutely have to replace pave if you get a band that is 1.6 mm. It happened to 2 other people on weddingbee in the first 2 weeks that bought from E/W Gems. At the minimum, I would get 1.8 mm but really 2 mm. That is still very skinny. Since I have an 8.5 size finger and have had bands at all sizes, the really skinny bands just make fingers look bigger. They have a tendency to pinch the skin, especially when you have such a huge stone.

The other problem you are going to run into is the size of the stone. I would check to see how deep it is and how they are going to set it. The picture is of a ring that sits really low so a band won’t sit flush. When you go that big with moissanite though, it will be a very deep stone so it is hard to get it to sit that low unless I can see a side view on that ring. If you have a very skinny band and a very heavy stone, it will never sit upright. Typically a flush band can help anchor a ring in place when worn together but this doesn’t look like it will sit flush either. It is always helpful when people post first before getting to the CAD stage so we can give you some advice. I have made the mistake of going too thin on bands and have had to replace one already that was 1.6 mm and I have also gone too big on center stones. Both I had to get redone because of height issues..

**Thank you for your response. I still have time to make changes as I had some questions to Lulu before she does the CAD so I believe she will respond first before proceeding. The original ring I saw was from the IG EAST WEST, but I am going with StarsGem. Here is the link to the ring from East West with all the specs.. https://www.eastwestgemco.com/produ...-in-platinum-7550?_pos=2&_sid=ed40da6ee&_ss=r

These are the details on their site:

DETAILS:

• Metal: Platinum
• Center Stone: Moissanite
• Cut: Elongated Antique Cushion
• Size: 5.5 Carat (11.5x9mm)
• Color: Modern White (DEF-Color)
• Clarity: VVS
• Band Width: 1.6mm
• Mohs Scale: Moissanite 9.25
• Refractive Index: 2.65 (Moissanite)

**They stated they made it on a 1.6mm band, if you go to the link you can see different views. I can tell Lulu to change to a 2mm band if it's better, but I don't want a thick band, but do want it to be able to hold the ring properly. Also states all their rings allow for bands to be flushed. (see picture on their site). Its an elongated crushed ice cushion cut, not sure what a criss cut is? I am referencing their page for specs, but had made some minor changes to mine using StarsGem not through EAST WEST.

As to "fashion ring" I am not sure what you mean? It is moissanite like everyone else's and 14k white gold like some used as well and the correct band size mm will be requested. Now the "style" if that is what you are referring to, matters by each person's preference as I didn't want to go with what everyone else was wearing. Thanks!

Last edited:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
**Thank you for your response. I still have time to make changes as I had some questions to Lulu before she does the CAD so I believe she will respond first before proceeding. The original ring I saw was from the IG EAST WEST, but I am going with StarsGem. Here is the link to the ring from East West with all the specs.. https://www.eastwestgemco.com/produ...-in-platinum-7550?_pos=2&_sid=ed40da6ee&_ss=r

These are the details on their site:

DETAILS:

• Metal: Platinum
• Center Stone: Moissanite
• Cut: Elongated Antique Cushion
• Size: 5.5 Carat (11.5x9mm)
• Color: Modern White (DEF-Color)
• Clarity: VVS
• Band Width: 1.6mm
• Mohs Scale: Moissanite 9.25
• Refractive Index: 2.65 (Moissanite)

**They stated they made it on a 1.6mm band, if you go to the link you can see different views. I can tell Lulu to change to a 2mm band if it's better, but I don't want a thick band, but do want it to be able to hold the ring properly. Also states all their rings allow for bands to be flushed. (see picture on their site). Its an elongated crushed ice cushion cut, not sure what a criss cut is? I am referencing their page for specs, but had made some minor changes to mine using StarsGem not through EAST WEST.

As to "fashion ring" I am not sure what you mean? It is moissanite like everyone else's and 14k white gold like some used as well and the correct band size mm will be requested. Now the "style" if that is what you are referring to, matters by each person's preference as I didn't want to go with what everyone else was wearing. Thanks!
@swaye2010 let me know if I’m putting words in your mouth, but by fashion ring, I believe you’re referring to the gold being slightly less weighty than the original, and for designs with numerous side stones in a delicate setting, the craftsmanship not being quite up to par with some jewelers who may charge more but not be working on such a large scale and “need to push” items out by a certain deadline due to thin margins.
To be fair, I’d consider most of the mall jewelers (Kay’s, Jared’s, etc) to produce fashion ring quality too.

Zuzellm1

Rough_Rock
Trade
@swaye2010 let me know if I’m putting words in your mouth, but by fashion ring, I believe you’re referring to the gold being slightly less weighty than the original, and for designs with numerous side stones in a delicate setting, the craftsmanship not being quite up to par with some jewelers who may charge more but not be working on such a large scale and “need to push” items out by a certain deadline due to thin margins.
To be fair, I’d consider most of the mall jewelers (Kay’s, Jared’s, etc) to produce fashion ring quality too.

Oh I see what you mean! Fair enough, lol! I can see what the difference is in price for the platinum, but don’t mind the 14k white gold. I’m in preliminary stages, price quote, that design I like is a guide so I am going from there. I will ask her price difference in platinum for sure. Thanks though.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

I agree. When I say ‘fashion ring’ I mean not for every day wear. I think a lot of the East/West Gem company rings are pretty but when you look at the dimensions, they are going to be extremely flimsy. There have been several threads over on WB about people losing stones because the bands are so thin. I know so we have both had several rings made now, we have learned about what works and what doesn’t. I wouldn’t even comment unless I knew someone wanted to get it made as an engagement ring. I know the Chinese platinum alloy is much softer than what we typically use in the US. I am not sure what their gold is alloyed with but I found the 18K could dent kind of easily. I didn’t have as many problems with the 14K though. I will respond on her’s separately.

Zuzellm1

Rough_Rock
Trade
I agree. When I say ‘fashion ring’ I mean not for every day wear. I think a lot of the East/West Gem company rings are pretty but when you look at the dimensions, they are going to be extremely flimsy. There have been several threads over on WB about people losing stones because the bands are so thin. I know so we have both had several rings made now, we have learned about what works and what doesn’t. I wouldn’t even comment unless I knew someone wanted to get it made as an engagement ring. I know the Chinese platinum alloy is much softer than what we typically use in the US. I am not sure what their gold is alloyed with but I found the 18K could dent kind of easily. I didn’t have as many problems with the 14K though. I will respond on her’s separately.

Thanks for the information. I have no idea because the band only shows the inner part at 1.6 mm I have no idea if the outer is 2mm of what and Idk about the setting because the details aren't too specific on their site so StarsGem is going to send me their CAD and I will post it so you could tell me what you recommend would be suitable to hold the stones and avoid loosing a stone. I am fine with the 14k white gold as their other metals aren’t like ours. She said I would get the Cad tomm and the band will be stamped AU585 does this seem right?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the information. I have no idea because the band only shows the inner part at 1.6 mm I have no idea if the outer is 2mm of what and Idk about the setting because the details aren't too specific on their site so StarsGem is going to send me their CAD and I will post it so you could tell me what you recommend would be suitable to hold the stones and avoid loosing a stone. I am fine with the 14k white gold as their other metals aren’t like ours. She said I would get the Cad tomm and the band will be stamped AU585 does this seem right?
Sorry...I had to do an airport run. I wanted to come back and just write a more specific response so that you had tangible information to go back to Starsgem with.

I do think they can make you a version of this ring. What I meant by ‘fashion jewelry’ was that the designs that E/W is selling are so thin that they will not hold up to daily wear for an e-ring. If your band does not have pave, it won’t be as bad but I have seen several threads about people losing stones in those 1.6 mm bands.

These are just my observations and you can figure out what works for you and your lifestyle. I have tried most of SG’s cuts and I do have a fondness for the cushion’s. My problem has been that cushion’s are deep cuts and face up smaller than rounds. I didn’t really think about the depth because I was only concentrating on LXW when I ordered. I think that SG has really deep cut cushions too. I have already spoken to a gem cutter about possibly making this a shallower cut so I can drop it down. This is the one I am getting next week.
24A9AB9D-95EE-484A-A6C2-3F074B49A7A5.jpeg

The other cushion I had set would not stand up right w/o falling to the side because it was so top heavy. It is much better now but when these stones are set, they do look like an ice cube. Not because they are so big but because they are so deep and high off the finger. I suspect that E/W gems are cut more shallow to allow for these enormous size centers without them sitting quite as tall. I took a few screen shots from their IG page though and some of the bigger ones are pretty high. You might be fine with this but these are all the small details that one should consider. You don’t want to order from China to save money and then be unhappy with your purchase our its ability to stand up to day to day wear. Here are some of the settings off IG (profile view):
E88F5CF2-53BE-4F37-928A-FA6652BADAB8.jpeg
8B5B4863-93D0-492D-BF35-EF7E26F8D24D.jpeg
What E/W has been smart about doing with their designs is making them all cathedral settings and removing or thinning out some of the center support for a flush fit band. The trade off though is the height.

If you were going to order platinum from China, I would definitely say it would have to be a 2 mm band because their platinum is much softer. I think 14K gold is fine at 1.8 mm but 2 mm is obviously better. If you haven’t already, you might want to try on bands at different width’s at a jewelry shop. Keep in mind with SG, you need to tell them to add .2 mm to the CAD on width and thickness because they always take an extra .2 mm off once it is done during the finishing process.

The last thing I wanted to mention was the crushed ice. I have tried it and it doesn’t look great. It might be a bit better from NA companies and I have seen a few smaller ones that were ok from SG. I think the diamond cut has been a bit better which is a combination of the crushed ice and brilliant. I haven’t seen a mixed cut in the cushion. I did have a crushed ice 8x10 in the yellow color and a smaller oval and they looked completely dead in daylight. They were a bit better in dim light and they always look good in video’s because of this. You might want to see a video of the stone before you say yes to it in natural light.

In order to get this setting right, you will probably need to send them several views. The E/W rings have the height so they are able to have 1 carat side stones because they angle them down in order to make them fit. If you were to put an 11 mm stone with two 6.5 mm stones across in a lower setting, there just wouldn’t be enough finger space to allow for them to fit without hitting the adjacent fingers. I have noticed that there aren’t any profile views of this particular ring on IG or their webpage. If you can try and find one so they can get this right for you. I really think a better size would be an 8x10 with two 3/4 sides. I thought my finger could take a huge stone but I am realizing that 8x10 is probably the limit because of the height problem unless it was in a very low setting. I have an emerald cut that is 11x9 and it is not a deep cut and sits very very low so doesn’t bother me at all.

These are all just my observations and what I have learned. You can take the bits and apply it to how it might work for you....

pixiepie1987

Rough_Rock
I've heard that with some Chinese companies, rings end up a few mm smaller due to polishing.

Do you know if Starsgem account for this on their CADS? If they put 2mm width on a CAD, does that mean the finished ring will be ~1.8mm?

Thanks! Just trying to figure out how to make what I want clear to my sales rep :)

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I've heard that with some Chinese companies, rings end up a few mm smaller due to polishing.

Do you know if Starsgem account for this on their CADS? If they put 2mm width on a CAD, does that mean the finished ring will be ~1.8mm?

Thanks! Just trying to figure out how to make what I want clear to my sales rep :)
StarGems ends up around .2 mm thinner than CADs, but Tianyu actually ends up slightly thicker

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
6CB83A62-776C-495C-AC8A-922D6818BBB8.jpeg FCE82C23-0ABD-480B-9F10-EC6295A41F7B.jpeg @swaye2010 got time for a stone check? ;)2
It’s supposed to be a G-H with strong arrows. I have a heck of a time judging their pictures. I do like that it looks more steely than white, but I’m having trouble judging the cut.
@lovedogs Your thoughts?
Thanks

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6CB83A62-776C-495C-AC8A-922D6818BBB8.jpeg FCE82C23-0ABD-480B-9F10-EC6295A41F7B.jpeg @swaye2010 got time for a stone check? ;)2
It’s supposed to be a G-H with strong arrows. I have a heck of a time judging their pictures. I do like that it looks more steely than white, but I’m having trouble judging the cut.
@lovedogs Your thoughts?
Thanks
Oooo I really like it!!! But I love strong / thick arrows. A video would help see performance IRL but it looks pretty good to me!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo I really like it!!! But I love strong / thick arrows. A video would help see performance IRL but it looks pretty good to me!
Video is here

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Video is here
Hmm, it's hard to tell bc it's only 8 seconds long and the light is super weird. But I like the cut overall.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, it's hard to tell bc it's only 8 seconds long and the light is super weird. But I like the cut overall.
I know! Their pics/video still are the most challenging part about ordering. I can see arrows, and they don’t look too splintery, that’s a good sign right? Not trying to pass it off as a diamond, but don’t always want to explain the magic of moissanite to everyone I meet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results