shape
carat
color
clarity

Mixing rose cuts and brilliant cuts in the same piece of jewelry? Opinions, inspo pics if any?

Hi all, I’m planning my next project, and I had this idea, which involves setting both rose cuts and brilliant cuts in the same design. I was wondering if anyone has any inspo pics for me, or if they’ve seen this done and what they think of it? Essentially my idea would be a rose cut cluster surrounded by a brilliant cut halo (but the halo will also be biggish stones, not melee). I feel like the juxtaposition of the types of sparkle would look really pretty, but if someone has any examples of rose and brilliant cuts together I’d love to see them!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie had a beautiful pendant made with full cut halo on a rose cut center but they are melee sized. I think the contrast is striking and doesn’t compete as their sparkles are so different.

@yssie had a beautiful pendant made with full cut halo on a rose cut center but they are melee sized. I think the contrast is striking and doesn’t compete as their sparkles are so different.

I had seen this before, when it was posted! I forgot about it though. I do love the contrast!! Despite being enclosed (the hinged plate is genius) there’s still enough of a contrast for them to look distinctly different, which was my goal. Mixing rose and brilliant cuts seems like it works well! Thank you for sharing!

Have the rose cuts face a different direction so there is no instantaneous comparison possible.
1711599713965.png
these face away a little - 15 degrees from the center stone - but maybe have the rose cuts facing at 60-90 degrees

Oh I understand what you mean now - angle the halo, basically! Will have to see how that is possible with a cluster. I haven’t gotten to the design stage yet, just ideas for now.

Thanks for the explanation and suggestion :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Also, I wonder how single cuts would look as an option with your rose cut. Just a thought, I have no inspiration photos! I look forward to your project.

Also, I wonder how single cuts would look as an option with your rose cut. Just a thought, I have no inspiration photos! I look forward to your project.

Thanks for the suggestion! I think it would be hard to find single cuts bigger than melee size, at least in india (I’ve actually never seen single cuts in person). I like the idea of the contrasting sparkle, and I’m actually leaning towards maybe scrapping the cluster idea and making a coloured stone ring instead, with rose cuts and brilliant cuts both in the halo. Something like a Princess Diana style ring, with a substantial sized halo. It would depend if I can find a pocket-friendly stone that I like enough…

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the idea of the contrasting sparkle, and I’m actually leaning towards maybe scrapping the cluster idea and making a coloured stone ring instead, with rose cuts and brilliant cuts both in the halo. Something like a Princess Diana style ring, with a substantial sized halo. It would depend if I can find a pocket-friendly stone that I like enough…
On the opposite side, when princess cuts were popular a decade or two ago I worked out how to make halos with the same size virtual facets as the princess centre.

Mine is approx. 0.25 ct oval rose cut with tiny melee halo.

IMG_0234.jpeg

Super pretty! Thank you for sharing!

On the opposite side, when princess cuts were popular a decade or two ago I worked out how to make halos with the same size virtual facets as the princess centre.

This is a great idea too, a brilliant cut centre with a rose cut halo! It’ll just cost me way too much to get a centre stone of the size I want :D

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Always on my mind

Always on my mind

That is super pretty! I like how they look together!! I might do a closed back for the rose cuts though, I’m still thinking about it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results