shape
carat
color
clarity

Missydebby Project Update

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OK, so I got back info from a few different vendors and made a decision.

First I wanna say that I talked with David from Diamonds by Lauren, Perry form Leon Mege, Jon from Good Old Gold, and Itzik from Leibish. All very very nice, quick, and informative. Just to let you know, I'ma touchy feely type, and I loved working with these guys so much that it kills me a little that I couldn't buy from all of them, know what I mean?

David from DBL was gonna give me a beautiful deal on his greenish yellow .97 radiant. In the end, however, I'm just not as turned on by radiants as softer style cuts. Jon was looking at finding me a green stone we could recut into an AVround. Wow.... that would have been outrageous. He found a good candidate and we were looking into that when I got an email from Perry at Leon Mege. I don't know how he did it, but he found me precisely what I had been hoping for (for the design of the ring - a .60 oval) at an unbelievable price. I mean,, coming in at about 2k less than any other possibilities. Just had to go for it. As far as Leibish... man do I love surfing their site. They have such a good collection to drool over. I didn't have as much communication with them as GOG and DBL, but they were always pleasant and tried very hard on my behalf to find something that would work. Thing is, Perry pulled a rabbit out his hat!

I just spoke to Leon about my ideas for the ring and the possibilities he suggested are very intriguing. Alas, they don't include AVrounds as side stones. So I had to give those up. Dammit. Really. Wanted. Those. But I get it... when you go through Leon, what you are also "buying" is his eye for proportion and that means letting him find just the right complementary stones. My ring is just not gonna work as an oval sided by rounds.

Anyway, wanted to give you an update and will post some photos when I have a few more hatches battened down.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update missydebby! I can't wait to hear and see more! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great! What color is the stone? Have any photos?

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
yeyyyy!!! missydebby is getting another Leon masterpiece!!!! I can't wait to hear more details. :appl:

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
omg debbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! What a way for things to pan out - it was obviously meant to be, right? :devil:

Can't wait to see what you come up with. That ring is going to be a stunner; which design have you decided on? The "eye" one or the other?

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
so, please REVEAL!!! What is it? What color? ... We're dying out here!

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
missydebby said:
OK, so I got back info from a few different vendors and made a decision.

First I wanna say that I talked with David from Diamonds by Lauren, Perry form Leon Mege, Jon from Good Old Gold, and Itzik from Leibish. All very very nice, quick, and informative. Just to let you know, I'ma touchy feely type, and I loved working with these guys so much that it kills me a little that I couldn't buy from all of them, know what I mean?David from DBL was gonna give me a beautiful deal on his greenish yellow .97 radiant. In the end, however, I'm just not as turned on by radiants as softer style cuts. Jon was looking at finding me a green stone we could recut into an AVround. Wow.... that would have been outrageous. He found a good candidate and we were looking into that when I got an email from Perry at Leon Mege. I don't know how he did it, but he found me precisely what I had been hoping for (for the design of the ring - a .60 oval) at an unbelievable price. I mean,, coming in at about 2k less than any other possibilities. Just had to go for it. As far as Leibish... man do I love surfing their site. They have such a good collection to drool over. I didn't have as much communication with them as GOG and DBL, but they were always pleasant and tried very hard on my behalf to find something that would work. Thing is, Perry pulled a rabbit out his hat!

I just spoke to Leon about my ideas for the ring and the possibilities he suggested are very intriguing. Alas, they don't include AVrounds as side stones. So I had to give those up. Dammit. Really. Wanted. Those. But I get it... when you go through Leon, what you are also "buying" is his eye for proportion and that means letting him find just the right complementary stones. My ring is just not gonna work as an oval sided by rounds.

Anyway, wanted to give you an update and will post some photos when I have a few more hatches battened down.

I totally know what you mean!!! My family makes fun of me because when I go to the HS Football games and our team scores, I get so excited but then I look at the other team and my heart hurts for them... yes, I am one of them... ("You are all winner's, you just happend not to score or win the game but that's okay, you are still winners in my book.... :oops: )
I spoke with WF and BGD when I was looking for my 5 stone. I went with BGD because they had the Nightingale, but then I felt guilty... :(sad ... Oh, well just have to save money and get more projects...

Look forward to seeing your new ring!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! Sounds like a fun project!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds wonderful! Another Leon!!! So Jelly, MissyDebby!! Please keep us posted, although I know you will :naughty:

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Yay!!! I was wondering what you had decided about this project the other day. :bigsmile: And you've got yourself a center stone now! Soo exciting, another Leon masterpiece in the works...gurl you are hooked! :Up_to_something: And I am happy to be able to live vicariously through your masterpiece creation process! :rodent: Keep us posted...cant wait to see your stone Perry sourced. I know its gonna be fab!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
piratefan said:
Yay!!! I was wondering what you had decided about this project the other day. :bigsmile: And you've got yourself a center stone now! Soo exciting, another Leon masterpiece in the works...gurl you are hooked! :Up_to_something: And I am happy to be able to live vicariously through your masterpiece creation process! :rodent: Keep us posted...cant wait to see your stone Perry sourced. I know its gonna be fab!

you and me both, piratefan! :bigsmile:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hey my beautiful ladies of PS!

First, I would like to stand up and and say: Yes. I am a Leon-a-holic. And it's gotten so bad, that I'm on my second project in less than a year. I haven't yet robbed the local convenience store to pay for my habit, but I have stopped buying basically anything else to fund my addiction. No longer do I randomly buy new clothes or new shoes. I try to keep a crumb of dignity, but I no longer dye my hair and now keep it to an easy short graying style. I mainly eat dry bread/crackers and tap water. And sell my body on the streets of Amsterdam....
OK, not the last two, but you get the drift :rodent:

Thing is, I'm no Rockafeller, but Leon's ruined me for almost anything else, I swear. So I've decided no more random crap... it all goes towards aweome projects.

Speaking of which, I hope to get some nice photos from Leon in the next few days. The project will be for this type of ring:
paraiba%20ring.jpg

I had really wanted to put an H .28 AVround on either side of the green diamond .60 oval, but they wouldn't work for a number of reasons. One of which is that they have a depth that wouldn't work with the height of the ring. Plus this ring, explains Leon, is all about length and the rounds would kill that. Plus, to be honest, I don't think he's that into GOG diamonds. (Which sorta sucks for him in that the AVC's in a Leon setting are the new thing all the cool kids are up to!) Anywho, we spoke about some other options, and we were thinking white diamond ovals or softened marquises. Then we got to talking about the meaning of the ring, and he got an inspiration for having orange side diamond ovals. That. would. be. rad. So he's gonna pull together some stones and take some photos for me.

Now about the center stone. Perry took photos for me at the cutter's. It's a greenish yellow . 60 oval with a Strong Yellow florescence. I wanted strong to very strong florescence. Unless you get a chameleon ($$$$) or GIA green based ($$$$$$$$$$$$$), it's the florescence that makes these yellow based stones pop green. Plus it want it to look cool at the clubs ;)) The color is even and saturated. The clarity is an L1. Now, I'd never go for that in a white diamond, but in colored stones, the clarity is so secondary to the color, florescence, saturation, and cut. (If you browse on Leibish's site, you'll notice that clariy basically has nothing to do with the prices.) It reminds me a little of looking at the demantoid garnets where you want the horsetail inclusions. The flecks in this diamond make it seem so beautifully organic to me... sorta like it's a fruit. Anyway, Perry took all the information while at the cutter's and is bringing the stone in today for Leon to inspect himself. I'll get more photos discuss the inclusions a bit more, and make a final decision. But I'm like in the high 90%'s sure. Plus the price is really unbelievable. A comparable stone on Leibish's site is 3k more. I would have loved to recut a stone greenish RB into an AVr, but then I couldn't afford the ring itself and would've just had to hold onto the stone for a year. Same with had I gone with DBL. And even if I did that, I'm not sure I could justify it. I went into this project thinking I want to spend about half of my ering. But with colored diamonds, it can escalate so quickly. And when it comes down to it, I want a diamonds, not another gem. So if I have to compromise, I'd rather do it in clarity and have a unique but brilliant green diamond center. Anywho, here's the photo:

0.60%20OVAL%20GY,%20c.jpg

And I'll be posting more as they come it.

Love you guys. Thanks for help and co-dependency! :naughty:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh, dee-lish!!!! :lickout: It is going to be "FABBBB-U-LOUSSS" (imagine Oprah :D )....BTW- Your posts always crack me up, I love your sense of humor!! Can't wait to follow this project!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
That is going to look AMAZING!!!!! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Debby, what a awesome project!!! That diamond is a killer! I love the colored ones too. I seem to chip or scratch any other
stone, so I may just have to stick with diamonds as well. Stunning stunning stunning. I can't wait to see and hear more!!!!
I would love to have a gorgeous three stone ring like that. Oh my gosh, I can't pick my jaw up, that stone is so amazing.

More more more details. I can't wait to hear all about it and see the photos!!!!!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
TruLuv858 said:
Ohhhh, dee-lish!!!! :lickout: It is going to be "FABBBB-U-LOUSSS" (imagine Oprah :D )....BTW- Your posts always crack me up, I love your sense of humor!! Can't wait to follow this project!

Did you know you can Oprahfy yourself on her website?!?

Here's me with a vintage 80's Oprah:
Oprah%20Debbie.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle said:
Hey Debby, what a awesome project!!! That diamond is a killer! I love the colored ones too. I seem to chip or scratch any other
stone, so I may just have to stick with diamonds as well. Stunning stunning stunning. I can't wait to see and hear more!!!!
I would love to have a gorgeous three stone ring like that. Oh my gosh, I can't pick my jaw up, that stone is so amazing.

More more more details. I can't wait to hear all about it and see the photos!!!!!

HEY LUV!!!! Missed you. I read your post where you had one dead diamond in your ring. That is totally lame. Do you think you'll have him fix it or is it too much trouble? How's the kids?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TruLuv and Forte! *hugs*

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
the stone is gorgeous! i can't wait to see what Leon comes up with.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
missydebby said:
TruLuv858 said:

Did you know you can Oprahfy yourself on her website?!?

Here's me with a vintage 80's Oprah:
Oprah%20Debbie.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG! Hilarity!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missydebby said:
luv2sparkle said:

HEY LUV!!!! Missed you. I read your post where you had one dead diamond in your ring. That is totally lame. Do you think you'll have him fix it or is it too much trouble? How's the kids?

I have been thinking I needed to catch up with you on FB! How was your summer, are you back home? Please tell me you are not going to
have to wait till next summer to get your hands on the fab new project you are doing! Oh Debby, that diamond is delicious, no other
way to describe it.

Kids are good. One back at college, one playing football in middle school, and one half-way done with rehab and doing well. It's a
crazy life I live, PS sparklies give me something else to think about occasionally.

I am working on several quilts for a dear friends daughter who is getting married in Dec. I am having a shower for her for 50 people
next month!

I didn't talk to Leon about the dead diamond. It seems ridiculous. No one would ever notice it but me. If I ever have to send it back
to him I might. The engraving bugs me more. All in all, I love it though. Since I wear it with the spacer and my bigger eternity no one
would ever see it but me. Leon would think it is in bad taste I am sure. He says tiny bands are more elegant. I don't think I agree.
One tiny band feels funny to me. Although my hubby likes it. I have been wearing wider rings my whole marriage though.

I am off to the middle schoolers football game. I think one of my kids liked his photo on my FB page. It is a crack up-he's is 14 and he
just started playing this year and instantly got the tough guy stance! Where the heck does that come from?! It's fun though because
they haven't lost their excitement for the coolness factor yet. They get so excited when they do something right!

I can't wait to hear more about your project Debby! How is your family doing?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do my posts always come out that way. I guess my sentences are too long.
Dang that bugs me.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
O M G - What a beautiful stone!!! I hope it works out! I"M SO thrilled for you! The ring is gorgeous as well! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle said:
I have been thinking I needed to catch up with you on FB! How was your summer, are you back home? Please tell me you are not going to
have to wait till next summer to get your hands on the fab new project you are doing! Oh Debby, that diamond is delicious, no other
way to describe it.

Kids are good. One back at college, one playing football in middle school, and one half-way done with rehab and doing well. It's a
crazy life I live, PS sparklies give me something else to think about occasionally.

I am working on several quilts for a dear friends daughter who is getting married in Dec. I am having a shower for her for 50 people
next month!

I didn't talk to Leon about the dead diamond. It seems ridiculous. No one would ever notice it but me. If I ever have to send it back
to him I might. The engraving bugs me more. All in all, I love it though. Since I wear it with the spacer and my bigger eternity no one
would ever see it but me. Leon would think it is in bad taste I am sure. He says tiny bands are more elegant. I don't think I agree.
One tiny band feels funny to me. Although my hubby likes it. I have been wearing wider rings my whole marriage though.

I am off to the middle schoolers football game. I think one of my kids liked his photo on my FB page. It is a crack up-he's is 14 and he
just started playing this year and instantly got the tough guy stance! Where the heck does that come from?! It's fun though because
they haven't lost their excitement for the coolness factor yet. They get so excited when they do something right!

I can't wait to hear more about your project Debby! How is your family doing?

Hey gurl! I'm so glad to hear that your family's doing well. I hear you on the ring. Just, for the $ and effort, you'd expect total and complete perfection. So i can see it that was slightly irritating. But otherwise, are you enjoying your ring? I've had my ering now for over three months and I still get distracted and find myself just staring. I guess it helps that I've never had anything even close to this in quality, so I'm still drooling.

My little girl is now 10 and is totally tweening out. Won the dance contest at her school dance. I like how she's both a little girl playing with dolls and into tween stuff. Super cute.

I was totally not gonna get going on this project for another half a year. Then I decided to find out what kind of price I could get on the .97 greenish yellow radiant on the DBL site. Once I got his bottom line (really tempting) I couldn't make a decision unless I found out what else was out there. And that started the ball rolling. After this... I swear, I'm gonna have to lay off. :lol:

Anyhow, Perry's out until Monday for the Jewish holidays, so I hope to have some more info next week. I sent them off the money for the diamond... so here we go!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
vbnet said:
O M G - What a beautiful stone!!! I hope it works out! I"M SO thrilled for you! The ring is gorgeous as well! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds!

Thanks VB! I feel like you and Luv2 are my Leon sister-wives!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hardly ever think about the ring issues. The diamond is so tiny and is just not quite as sparkly as the others, but I am
probably the only one who would notice. I love my ring! I still have twinges of 'oh maybe I should have done that' when I
see another on someone else that I love (like your gorgeous baby!) but I do love it. I think it is perfect for me, I love the
three sided pave and the classic but with a surprise style.

I have thought about another project but haven't started anything yet. Hubby has been getting almost zero overtime, due
to the economy, so I will probably wait a bit until that changes. My son is on his 3rd year at UCLA, so I may have to wait
until he is done, because they keep raising that darn tuition!!!

Your girl is growing up fast, but it sound like you are having fun with her. 10 is the perfect age I think. Don't you love
watching them in stuff like competitions and performances?! Those are special days!

So Debby, you didn't say, are you going to have to wait till next summer to see this project when it is done?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, when I'm getting it. DOn't know. I am going back for part of the Winter, so that would be cool. Like December/January.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew, deep sigh of relief....I just don't know how you could endure the torture, yet again!!!!! :-o :rolleyes: :o

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Know what's funny tho? I wouldn't even actually mind getting it in the summer, because I wasn't even originally intending to start the project till Feb or so. So like, let's say I purchase the main stones now and have them sit with Leon for half a year, I'd feel fine. Weird but true!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results