shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens Bling Eyecandy Folder

Here’s a new one I just made for my left index finger. I have had this quirky but very charming Flawless, No-Oil Muzo emerald for several years, but couldn’t quite settle on how to make it into a gents ring. Finally got it!00445375-4293-4752-BCC2-A0BC5E89AB6D.jpeg
2761A94C-AEE4-4FA4-A94B-9059357B9F59.jpeg
D42DE64E-FEA8-4497-AEC2-ADE6976ED3EE.jpeg
F69D867A-3EA3-492F-9F64-E365BA09B67A.jpeg

another one i would love to wear !!!!!

Hubby's new wedding band! Diamond is an antique style cushion cut by Yoram (my diamond is too) and the setting is by Bruce Boone. Aero space grade titanium with yellow gold and blackened silver mokume gane. It has a cross hatch finish with the outer edges being high polish. 20240531_145717.jpg

IMG_4702.jpeg

After procrastinating for more than a year I finally got the bail on my jade pendant upgraded to pair with my Franco chain. I can’t get enough of this new look.

IMG_4702.jpeg

After procrastinating for more than a year I finally got the bail on my jade pendant upgraded to pair with my Franco chain. I can’t get enough of this new look.

I love the combo of the jade with the bold chain!

KakaoTalk_20240720_171141585.jpg

The center stone is 0.308ct J VS1 A Cut Above.
The band is 14K gold and was made by a local jeweler.
Liza at Whiteflash was helpful and kind as always and I would've had Whiteflash do the setting too but Whiteflash doesn't offer men's settings for stones this size.

I could be wrong but it seems to me that most American jewelers do not offer men's diamond ring designs and those few who do only offer men's designs for melee diamonds and for over one carat diamonds and for nothing else in-between.
Here in South Korea, almost all jewelers offer men's designs for 0.3* diamonds and for 0.5* diamonds.
And we all know how sparkly and beautiful a single diamond that size can be if well cut.

On a different note,
does any guy want a prong setting for his diamond ring?
I've always thought that a six prong setting is the best diamond ring setting that has ever graced a human hand.
I even thought about having a ring like the one below custom made - a six prong head on a wide width band. (A six prong head was photoshopped on a 5.5mm width half round band.)

IMG_4322.jpg

The reason I didn't have it actually made was because I feared no matter how wide the band width was, it might still look feminine (especially if the stone was large) and because I thought that if I really wanted that look, then maybe getting a run-of-the-mill six prong knife edge ring and then stacking it with other rings so the band width would look wide was a cheaper option.

And then today, I came across this prong setting ring for men.

IMG_4353.jpg
IMG_4354.jpg

Product details say that the center stone is 1.09ct.
Does anyone know a guy who wears this kind of prong setting diamond ring?
I once read a news article that Johnny Depp does but of course I'm talking about real people :)
This ring makes me re-think about finally owning a prong setting diamond ring for myself.

Thanks for reading.
Have a nice weekend :)

KakaoTalk_20240720_171141585.jpg

The center stone is 0.308ct J VS1 A Cut Above.
The band is 14K gold and was made by a local jeweler.
Liza at Whiteflash was helpful and kind as always and I would've had Whiteflash do the setting too but Whiteflash doesn't offer men's settings for stones this size.

I could be wrong but it seems to me that most American jewelers do not offer men's diamond ring designs and those few who do only offer men's designs for melee diamonds and for over one carat diamonds and for nothing else in-between.
Here in South Korea, almost all jewelers offer men's designs for 0.3* diamonds and for 0.5* diamonds.
And we all know how sparkly and beautiful a single diamond that size can be if well cut.

On a different note,
does any guy want a prong setting for his diamond ring?
I've always thought that a six prong setting is the best diamond ring setting that has ever graced a human hand.
I even thought about having a ring like the one below custom made - a six prong head on a wide width band. (A six prong head was photoshopped on a 5.5mm width half round band.)

IMG_4322.jpg

The reason I didn't have it actually made was because I feared no matter how wide the band width was, it might still look feminine (especially if the stone was large) and because I thought that if I really wanted that look, then maybe getting a run-of-the-mill six prong knife edge ring and then stacking it with other rings so the band width would look wide was a cheaper option.

And then today, I came across this prong setting ring for men.

IMG_4353.jpg
IMG_4354.jpg

Product details say that the center stone is 1.09ct.
Does anyone know a guy who wears this kind of prong setting diamond ring?
I once read a news article that Johnny Depp does but of course I'm talking about real people :)
This ring makes me re-think about finally owning a prong setting diamond ring for myself.

Thanks for reading.
Have a nice weekend :)

I’m a guy and have designed several diamond rings for myself. All of them are set with prongs in one way or another, but I’ve never used the kind of peg-style head that you described above.

For me, it has nothing to do with it being masculine or feminine. It is really just because I don’t like high-profile rings. I find them impractical and I’m also not fond of the aesthetic.

There are many other ways to mount a diamond which I simply find more interesting and more practical (lower profile) - that also do not compromise light performance.

These are the four diamond rings that I currently own.

Two of the rings have open galleries, allowing you to view the diamond from the side and also take advantage of more than just face-up performance.

The ones with closed galleries are mounted just high enough to expose the girdle.

IMG_0496.jpeg
IMG_0501.jpeg

The last one is arguably a bit feminine just because it’s small but, on my finger, it does not come across as feminine whatsoever.

…and with all of that said, I’m not at all opposed to a guy wearing a setting with a peg head! If you like it, go for it!

I just wanted you to be aware that there are other options and you can be a bit creative.

Last edited:
I’m a guy and have designed several diamond rings for myself. All of them are set with prongs in one way or another, but I’ve never used the kind of peg-style head that you described above.

For me, it has nothing to do with it being masculine or feminine. It is really just because I don’t like high-profile rings. I find them impractical and I’m also not fond of the aesthetic.

There are many other ways to mount a diamond which I simply find more interesting and more practical (lower profile) - that also do not compromise light performance.

Two of the rings have open galleries, allowing you to view the diamond from the side and also take advantage of more than just face-up performance.

The ones with closed galleries are mounted just high enough to expose the girdle.

IMG_0496.jpeg
IMG_0501.jpeg

The last one is arguably a bit feminine just because it’s small but, on my finger, it does not come across as feminine whatsoever.

…and with all of that said, I’m not at all opposed to a guy wearing a setting with a peg head! If you like it, go for it!

I just wanted you to be aware that there are other options and you can be a bit creative.

Here’s my friend’s wedding band as another example:

IMG_0511.jpeg

IMG_0496.jpeg
IMG_0501.jpeg

Thank you for your replies @Dr_Diesel
These are all very wonderful rings and a great inspiration for my next ring :)

Thank you for your replies @Dr_Diesel
These are all very wonderful rings and a great inspiration for my next ring :)

I see a ring with a beg-style basket as your avatar! Did you go forward with the style you were after?

I see a ring with a beg-style basket as your avatar! Did you go forward with the style you were after?

Oh no. It is just a picture of a Tiffany setting ring I downloaded from the Internet.
My other rings are here.
Enjoy :)

Tsavorite cab in 18K yellow gold. It's not new, but I haven't shown it by itself in this thread. I like to keep the Men's Bling thread active...TsavCab.jpg
The stone is a bit dark, so the ring has a white gold reflective back. The light patch on the surface is a reflection of the sky between the trees.

Last edited:
Tsavorite cab in 18K yellow gold. It's not new, but I haven't shown it by itself in this thread. I like to keep the Men's Bling thread active...

This is so gorgeous -- looks like the world's best jade. A better mimic than even emerald!

How does it look under various light -- like under cloudy sky vs. full sun?

I don't think I have ever even seen a tsav cab!

How does it look under various light -- like under cloudy sky vs. full sun?

Honestly, in most lighting it's a bit too dark. The lighting for the picture is err... optimal. I had to find just the right spot among the trees to get that picture. But it's still a very 'wearable' ring, i.e. appropriate anywhere, cool without being too flashy.

It's not a substitute for jade. It has the glassy garnet look, rather that the glowy jadeite look. I'd love an imperial jadeite ring, but, at the price, it's not going to happen...

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP