shape
carat
color
clarity

MellowYellow's odds and ends

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I bought this the picture showed it had flashes of green. It was pure lemon yellow when I received it. Today I was able to replicate the green. Needs a clear blue sky or water!

Not as green after it's been through my camera but the flashes were divine in real life.

20180729_151955.jpg

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
When I bought this the picture showed it had flashes of green. It was pure lemon yellow when I received it. Today I was able to replicate the green. Needs a clear blue sky or water!

Not as green after it's been through my camera but the flashes were divine in real life.

20180729_151955.jpg

So fabulous! I love that the green flashes are minty, so yummy!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

20180729_151955.jpg

How about a video? Would that capture the flashes?

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl , just wanted to say that I love your new pink sapphire ring. Beautiful!:kiss2: Oh, and you’re awesome at making cakes too. Mine always turn out burnt on the outside and underdone on the inside. Eating them is like Russian roulette! :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20180729_151955.jpg

I can't tell you how much I love this ring. It's just gorgeous! :love:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl , just wanted to say that I love your new pink sapphire ring. Beautiful!:kiss2: Oh, and you’re awesome at making cakes too. Mine always turn out burnt on the outside and underdone on the inside. Eating them is like Russian roulette! :lol:

hehe funny you bring up the cakes!

I am pretty easy going with my ring settings by Pricescope standards. I'll fully admit to not having the best eye for details BUT omg my cakes! I am a hawk eye when it comes to baking!

I will lament for days of the crumb of my cake is less fine or if I spot one too many air bubbles! It's like an obsession! Seriously I whip out the ruler sometimes!

voce

Ideal_Rock

I am pretty easy going with my ring settings by Pricescope standards. I'll fully admit to not having the best eye for details BUT omg my cakes! I am a hawk eye when it comes to baking!

I will lament for days of the crumb of my cake is less fine or if I spot one too many air bubbles! It's like an obsession! Seriously I whip out the ruler sometimes!
Your 5yo is so lucky to have you as a mom. When he grows up he'll probably have high expectations of his girlfriend's baking :twisted2:.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Oh dear, that does sound a bit obsessive! :lol-2: It’s great that you have a skill though.
I think you have a great eye for detail when it comes to rings. From what I’ve seen you have a stunning collection and a great eye. I bet you could design something really nice if you had the inkling to do so. =)2

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

You’re like my SIL who is an an amazing baker and who makes excellent coffee although she doesn’t drink it at all. It’s definitely a certain talent with measurement, timing and execution. Multiple intelligences are fascinating.

I think it’s a good thing to be easy going when it comes to jewelry! Things could get very expensive if we’re not! I want to achieve that nice equilibrium one day where I have a good eye for assessing CS and their value, but still be chill enough to enjoy a slightly imperfect stone/setting.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Oww, I always enjoy seeing your yellow sunburst ring

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Tempted by her new ring I gave into my green obsession and set my tiny emerald. She's small but mighty!

20180922_163514.jpg

Mellow, it’s so beautiful and glowy! And it does not look tiny at all. The halo makes it look nice and substantial. I love that it’s a EW style halo but a round looks really natural in there. And your sister’s ring looks awesome too, love the setting.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oooh are they all from the settings store in the suburbs?

I like the modern ribbon that isn't too big to wear.

But the emerald ring is a classic and appeals to me more!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh are they all from the settings store in the suburbs?

I like the modern ribbon that isn't too big to wear.

But the emerald ring is a classic and appeals to me more!

Nooo not that crazy guy! These are the nice sane people in Sydney Chinatown. They know about coloured stones and seem to appreciate CS.

Thanks for measuring your ruby for me the other day. It helped me stop worrying about size so much. Haha I'm used to giant zircons and tourmalines :lol:

@peacechick I was trying to keep the budget lowish but I wanted a halo to create an illusion of a bigger ring. This one is cute and suited my needs!

Another pic!

20180922_194316.jpg

Attachments

• 20180922_163053.jpg
    20180922_163053.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 23

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tempted by her new ring I gave into my green obsession and set my tiny emerald. She's small but mighty!

20180922_163514.jpg

This is a stunning ring. Emerald + setting = Spectacular :kiss2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Non gem related odd and end!

Had a VERY productive weekend! Besides setting 2 gems we managed to get our act together and get this trampoline assembled for the little one! If you know how UNHANDY we are you will understand what an achievement this is! Like monumental! We are so bad we can't even mow our own lawn (and our gardener yells at us every month) so this is HUGE for us!

haha yes the kid has nothing but undies on in that pic and is bouncing around with a baby quilt as a cape! This is the "polite" picture I've been using to show off!

20180923_150937.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earrings have arrived! Yes as predicted they are very small but I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!!!! They are soooooo cute!!!!!!! And they satisfy my urge for a bow ever since Lil Sis got her bow ring! Jade bows!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!!! haha sorry I really love them!

The jade is lovely and translucent as well. Very well made considering how delicate they are! REALLY happy, especially at the price I paid!

Photos taken by the 6yo so excuse the weird angles! And I just woke up (and signed for my delivery) so excuse the terrible hair!

IMG-20181003-WA0000.jpg

20181003_083346.jpg

20181003_083420.jpg

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Earrings have arrived! Yes as predicted they are very small but I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!!!! They are soooooo cute!!!!!!! And they satisfy my urge for a bow ever since Lil Sis got her bow ring! Jade bows!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!!! haha sorry I really love them!

The jade is lovely and translucent as well. Very well made considering how delicate they are! REALLY happy, especially at the price I paid!

Photos taken by the 6yo so excuse the weird angles! And I just woke up (and signed for my delivery) so excuse the terrible hair!

IMG-20181003-WA0000.jpg

20181003_083346.jpg

20181003_083420.jpg

So pretty! And they are not too small at all. If they were bigger they would look clunky and not as dangly. Not to mention the weight!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I love that!!!! Size too small though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results