shape
carat
color
clarity

Meeting with Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 11:42:27 PM
Author: Miranda
Oh great Harriet! It sounds like you had a great meeting with Leon the Master (aside from the rude appointment robber)! I am so happy for you. That setting is perfection! I agree with Leon, though...A three stone would be outstanding...HaHa...Not that the solitaire won''t be outstanding! I know you don''t want to buy new stones...You could always use your new studs........ Just kidding!
1.gif
It went so well that DF suggested having him make my wedding bands.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 8:38:13 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Glad your appointment went well. By the time your ring is done, his goodies will probably be back from Las Vegas and you''ll be able to see them.
2.gif
And so might you.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 8:02:42 PM
Author: Harriet

Oh great Harriet! It sounds like you had a great meeting with Leon the Master (aside from the rude appointment robber)! I am so happy for you. That setting is perfection! I agree with Leon, though...A three stone would be outstanding...HaHa...Not that the solitaire won''t be outstanding! I know you don''t want to buy new stones...You could always use your new studs........ Just kidding!
1.gif
cool!
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 2:40:36 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 5/26/2007 8:38:13 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Glad your appointment went well. By the time your ring is done, his goodies will probably be back from Las Vegas and you''ll be able to see them.
2.gif
Maybe...or maybe all of his goodies sold at the show!
Oh, you wet blanket.
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 3:08:40 PM
Author: Linda W
Harriet,

I just read all of this thread. I can''t wait to see your LM ring. I bet it will be BEAUTIFUL. You are one lucky lady.

Linda
Thank you. I have been very lucky this year in terms of jewellery and I''m very thankful. You may have to wait a while to see the ring, though. I''ll probably leave it with him sometime in August while I''m on vacation.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 3:54:04 PM
Author: Ellen
I can''t wait to see your ring Harriet, I know it will be stunning!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 6:22:43 PM
Author: boston_jeff
Impeccable taste, Harriet.
2.gif
20.gif
You too!

Btw, I asked him if e-ring would sit flush with my wedding band. He said it wouldn''t because of some thingy at the base of the head that''s a nice design element. Do you know what he''s referring to?

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 8:08:25 PM
Btw, I asked him if e-ring would sit flush with my wedding band. He said it wouldn''t because of some thingy at the base of the head that''s a nice design element. Do you know what he''s referring to?
Circled in the image. Vaguely reminiscent of the Cartier solitaire.

r572-05Ww-designelement.jpg

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 8:02:42 PM

1.gif
Wedding bands!!!! Will you be getting two??? Will you be stacking them on either side of your e-ring?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 7:29:23 AM
Author: elmo
Thanks, Elmo. Do you think it would still look good without that thingy?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 9:16:08 AM
Author: Kasey3
Wedding bands!!!! Will you be getting two??? Will you be stacking them on either side of your e-ring?
Um -- actually 3. I've decided on the Novo eternity bands in all 3 types of gold. Don't worry, I won't wear all 3 at the same time as my e-ring, just 1.
1.gif
Then, when I don't want to wear my e-ring, I'll wear all 3 stacked together.

I'm glad I met with LM. Initially, because of a number of phone conversations we had, I had my reservations about working with him. Now, I foresee a long and expensive future with him.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK Harriet, I missed something here.
9.gif
LM is going to make you 3 Novo wedding bands in 3 gold colors Wooowie. Now what will they look like? I am out in the loop here. LOL.

Linda

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 7:29:23 AM
Date: 5/26/2007 8:08:25 PM

I''m actually not sure if my fiance''s has that feature... at least not as prominent. I''ll have to look at it more closely tonight. I also think that it might be the way the prongs come up from under the stone, such that there is not a lot of clearance under the basket. I may not be explaining that well. I will attempt to report back later.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, Leon thinks it''s okay to wear gold bands with a platinum e-ring? I''d be afraid that the part of the head that sticks out on the e-ring would quickly cause wear on the thin gold bands.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet, I'm guessing it sortof looks like this underneath (the circular part, at least conceptually). I've always liked the feature. But like I say, it's a guess - I expect Leon could have some options for you.

Edit - Jeff, it looks like yours has just a little bit of this at the bottom of the gallery where the prongs attach. However in your photos, can't be very sure, it looks almost like the shoulders/top of the shank may be wider so a wedding band would touch that before it touches the round part on the gallery bottom, or maybe all at the same time. (Hint, you could post a photo at an angle from the bottom.
1.gif
)

r198-28W-another.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 11:21:07 AM
Author: Linda W
OK Harriet, I missed something here.
9.gif
LM is going to make you 3 Novo wedding bands in 3 gold colors Wooowie. Now what will they look like? I am out in the loop here. LOL.

Linda
Like these, or we may just buy them from Tiffany''s.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 1:08:18 PM
I''m actually not sure if my fiance''s has that feature... at least not as prominent. I''ll have to look at it more closely tonight. I also think that it might be the way the prongs come up from under the stone, such that there is not a lot of clearance under the basket. I may not be explaining that well. I will attempt to report back later.
Please do!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 1:08:18 PM
Yes, please!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 1:55:35 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Harriet, Leon thinks it''s okay to wear gold bands with a platinum e-ring? I''d be afraid that the part of the head that sticks out on the e-ring would quickly cause wear on the thin gold bands.
I haven''t asked him yet. We just decided on the bands yesterday.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 2:20:56 PM
Harriet, I''m guessing it sortof looks like this underneath (the circular part, at least conceptually). I''ve always liked the feature. But like I say, it''s a guess - I expect Leon could have some options for you.

Edit - Jeff, it looks like yours has just a little bit of this at the bottom of the gallery where the prongs attach. However in your photos, can''t be very sure, it looks almost like the shoulders/top of the shank may be wider so a wedding band would touch that before it touches the round part on the gallery bottom, or maybe all at the same time.
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard the little circle thing be called a *donut*. don''t know how common it is, probably somewhere along the lines as *halo* but it makes sense to me.

harriet, definitely ask Leon about the wedding bands but I think your idea is great with the novo''s. you could also get 2 plat. ones and flank one on either side of your e-ring. this is something I''d do in a heartbeat if I ever get a bigger stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2007 5:32:59 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I''ve heard the little circle thing be called a *donut*. don''t know how common it is, probably somewhere along the lines as *halo* but it makes sense to me.

harriet, definitely ask Leon about the wedding bands but I think your idea is great with the novo''s. you could also get 2 plat. ones and flank one on either side of your e-ring. this is something I''d do in a heartbeat if I ever get a bigger stone.
Perfect idea...2 platinum ones and then one of the other colors to go in the middle when not wearing the e-ring!
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 5:32:59 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Maybe the donut keeps rings from rubbing against each other?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The doughnut is what will rub against the other ring. I think you''ll need platinum to wear next to the e-ring.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 7:38:57 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The doughnut is what will rub against the other ring. I think you''ll need platinum to wear next to the e-ring.
Platinum it shall be then.
1.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi harriet! wise choice. i would go for the platinum bands with the platinum e-ring rather than the tricolor.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 8:42:50 PM
Author: crown1
hi harriet! wise choice. i would go for the platinum bands with the platinum e-ring rather than the tricolor.
Hi Crown 1,

My DF's ring will be a tri-colour non-rolling Cartier. So, I'll still be getting 3 bands. I just won't wear the gold ones next to the e-ring.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i''d love to see a pic of his ring. i have seen the men''s tri-color rolling but not the non-rolling. i am all for three bands. i have three myself.

is the cartier diamond rolling ring on sp your size? if it is your df will have to grab it for a just because. technically you would not be breaking the ban if he does the deed. although you may have to grow more fingers if you keep adding to the collection.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 9:00:12 PM
Author: crown1
i''d love to see a pic of his ring. i have seen the men''s tri-color rolling but not the non-rolling. i am all for three bands. i have three myself.

is the cartier diamond rolling ring on sp your size? if it is your df will have to grab it for a just because. technically you would not be breaking the ban if he does the deed. although you may have to grow more fingers if you keep adding to the collection.
1.gif
The pic is not on Cartier''s website. I''ll try to find one later.

Bummer, it''s not my size! I did add a wee something to my collection yesterday though.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results