shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Meet Selene, my 15 ct. Fleur de Lis Moonstone Ring by Daniel M!

rubyruby

Rough_Rock
Unreal. It’s like having a galaxy on your hand! Enjoy!

Yanni_815

Rough_Rock
It's gorgeous and that blue color is spectacular!

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
I just totally saw her as antique, over a hundred years old, and something that would be found in a shipwreck. When I found the inspiration pic, I couldn't imagine her any other way.

Poetic romance, thanks for taking time to respond and for all your great pics.

You're a great photographer!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, what a gorgeous setting for an equally gorgeous stone.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Insane :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

So wildly, brilliantly, otherworldly good!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this! Thank you so much for sharing. This caught my eye the other day- I saw a teeny thumbnail on Etsy on the "new items" notification but couldn't get another look. Just beautiful! Daniel does some amazing custom pieces!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I love it with your band too!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well and staying safe. I had to pop by and share Selene, my new moonstone goddess ring by Daniel M. I bought the stone loose, and contacted Daniel M. for the setting project about month ago. I've always wanted a moonstone ring, but it took me forever to find one in the right size, price, hue, and transparency. Then Selene came along from India through an Etsy seller, in her 15 carat (18 x 14), imperfect but hypnotic glory. I knew that her setting would be her regal gown, and I had to do her justice. It took about a year until Selene decided it was time, and she was ready to sit on my right hand. She wanted to be draped in rich 14K yellow gold, with lots of details and carvings, like a crown, as if she already came like this for hundreds of years, and serendipitously stumbled upon on some Greek island, by a lucky passer-by. Or tourist perhaps? That is her story, and I'm sticking to it. :bigsmile:

inspo.jpg moondstoneCADrevised.jpg moonstoneCAD1.jpg

Inspiration setting and CADs

As always, the whole process was smooth and easy with Dan. I truly think that SHE chose him, and she chose right. I'm just the lady that paid the balance. :lol-2: I sent him pics of the inspiration setting, with some modification requests: adding carving and milgrain on the lower part of the basket, making it black under the stone to enhance the blue hue (he came up with black antique finish on the metal), making the shank 2 mm. I also gave him free reign on the carving design, to come up with something that will complement the fleur de lis. He also made it into a split-shank to give a sense of proportion to the size of the stone. He nailed all of them!

I get lost. I get so lost when I look at her. Sometimes she looks like a blue horizon with white clouds and flashes of lightning. Sometimes I feel like I'm being pulled into another world, a hazy dream, another planet. Sometimes it feels like I'm gazing into a mini crystal ball, the haze fading away, and faces start to gaze back at me. But most of the time, I feel like I have intuitive superpowers, and Selene is my right-hand guardian.

Thanks in advance for letting me share! I am OVER THE MOON with Selene and Dan's work of art!!:kiss2:

il_1588xN.2917909724_kg41.jpg
il_1588xN.2965594345_1xau.jpg

All finished!! Dan's glam pics.

IMG_0740.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0733 (1).jpg
IMG_0737 (1).jpg

Selene finally home!! Indoor morning light. Please excuse my dry hands. :oops:

IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0749.jpg
IMG_0757.jpg

Getting some noon sun. :sun:

Such a beautiful stone and setting. Congrats!!

Daisy_Margaret

Rough_Rock
I keep coming back to this ring. It’s phenomenal! Love it in the yellow gold!

baublelove

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well and staying safe. I had to pop by and share Selene, my new moonstone goddess ring by Daniel M. I bought the stone loose, and contacted Daniel M. for the setting project about month ago. I've always wanted a moonstone ring, but it took me forever to find one in the right size, price, hue, and transparency. Then Selene came along from India through an Etsy seller, in her 15 carat (18 x 14), imperfect but hypnotic glory. I knew that her setting would be her regal gown, and I had to do her justice. It took about a year until Selene decided it was time, and she was ready to sit on my right hand. She wanted to be draped in rich 14K yellow gold, with lots of details and carvings, like a crown, as if she already came like this for hundreds of years, and serendipitously stumbled upon on some Greek island, by a lucky passer-by. Or tourist perhaps? That is her story, and I'm sticking to it. :bigsmile:

inspo.jpg moondstoneCADrevised.jpg moonstoneCAD1.jpg

Inspiration setting and CADs

As always, the whole process was smooth and easy with Dan. I truly think that SHE chose him, and she chose right. I'm just the lady that paid the balance. :lol-2: I sent him pics of the inspiration setting, with some modification requests: adding carving and milgrain on the lower part of the basket, making it black under the stone to enhance the blue hue (he came up with black antique finish on the metal), making the shank 2 mm. I also gave him free reign on the carving design, to come up with something that will complement the fleur de lis. He also made it into a split-shank to give a sense of proportion to the size of the stone. He nailed all of them!

I get lost. I get so lost when I look at her. Sometimes she looks like a blue horizon with white clouds and flashes of lightning. Sometimes I feel like I'm being pulled into another world, a hazy dream, another planet. Sometimes it feels like I'm gazing into a mini crystal ball, the haze fading away, and faces start to gaze back at me. But most of the time, I feel like I have intuitive superpowers, and Selene is my right-hand guardian.

Thanks in advance for letting me share! I am OVER THE MOON with Selene and Dan's work of art!!:kiss2:

il_1588xN.2917909724_kg41.jpg
il_1588xN.2965594345_1xau.jpg

All finished!! Dan's glam pics.

IMG_0740.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0733 (1).jpg
IMG_0737 (1).jpg

Selene finally home!! Indoor morning light. Please excuse my dry hands. :oops:

IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0749.jpg
IMG_0757.jpg

Getting some noon sun. :sun:

Just GORGEOUS! It’s stunning and I see why you get lost. Such depth and wonderful color change!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really LOVE this ring and the setting design is just beautiful!!! Are you going to be unhappy if other people adapt the design??? Because I actually have a stone I'd love to set similar to that but not exact, of course!

Last edited:

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
Hope this ring is recognized by mods, it's the jewel of my week!

tenshix

Rough_Rock
Just the perfect setting for that amazing moonstone! So gorgeous! Congrats my dear and enjoy her in great health :kiss2:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Rubyruby, Yanni_815, GliderPoss, 123ducklings, Lambskin, Cushioncutnut, Catmom, Daisy-Margaret, Baublelove, and Tenshix!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Poetic romance, thanks for taking time to respond and for all your great pics.

You're a great photographer!

Thank you so much for the kind words!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this! Thank you so much for sharing. This caught my eye the other day- I saw a teeny thumbnail on Etsy on the "new items" notification but couldn't get another look. Just beautiful! Daniel does some amazing custom pieces!

Thank you so much! I agree, Dan does great custom work, and for such competitive pricing. He really cares about the client's vision.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I really LOVE this ring and the setting design is just beautiful!!! Are you going to be unhappy if other people adapt the design??? Because I actually have a stone I'd love to set similar to that but not exact, of course!

Thank you so much! GASP. :eek2: Unhappy if others copied the design? No way. Otherwise, why share it on the internet, you know? But that is really thoughtful of you to ask anyway. I would be beyond thrilled and flattered if someone else is inspired by this ring. This was a combination of the original inspiration setting, Selene's spin, and Dan's spin. I hope others can add their own unique touch on it as well. Which stone did you have in mine? :devil:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
A few more...

IMG_0748.jpg
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0761.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg

The bottom of the closed basket is more rustic in texture, which adds to the old look.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this is beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! GASP. :eek2: Unhappy if others copied the design? No way. Otherwise, why share it on the internet, you know? But that is really thoughtful of you to ask anyway. I would be beyond thrilled and flattered if someone else is inspired by this ring. This was a combination of the original inspiration setting, Selene's spin, and Dan's spin. I hope others can add their own unique touch on it as well. Which stone did you have in mine? :devil:

You are too sweet! A couple of years ago, I bought an opal to eventually set for my daughter. It's a little longer and thinner than your gorgeous moonstone, so it would have a different look. I plan to set it in rose gold since there are reddish flecks of color in it. I am definitely saving your pics (both original and yours) for inspiration when the time comes!I I really love fleur de lis!

Bunnie

Rough_Rock
A few more...

IMG_0748.jpg
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0761.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg

The bottom of the closed basket is more rustic in texture, which adds to the old look.

@platinumrock, that moonstone is to die for! Would you be open to sharing the Indian Etsy vendor’s store name? :kiss2:

Von03

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful!! It’s like a lovely blue sky with puffy white clouds!!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring, mystical comes to mind. Enjoy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results