shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Meet Selene, my 15 ct. Fleur de Lis Moonstone Ring by Daniel M!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well and staying safe. I had to pop by and share Selene, my new moonstone goddess ring by Daniel M. I bought the stone loose, and contacted Daniel M. for the setting project about month ago. I've always wanted a moonstone ring, but it took me forever to find one in the right size, price, hue, and transparency. Then Selene came along from India through an Etsy seller, in her 15 carat (18 x 14), imperfect but hypnotic glory. I knew that her setting would be her regal gown, and I had to do her justice. It took about a year until Selene decided it was time, and she was ready to sit on my right hand. She wanted to be draped in rich 14K yellow gold, with lots of details and carvings, like a crown, as if she already came like this for hundreds of years, and serendipitously stumbled upon on some Greek island, by a lucky passer-by. Or tourist perhaps? That is her story, and I'm sticking to it. :bigsmile:

inspo.jpg moondstoneCADrevised.jpg moonstoneCAD1.jpg

Inspiration setting and CADs

As always, the whole process was smooth and easy with Dan. I truly think that SHE chose him, and she chose right. I'm just the lady that paid the balance. :lol-2: I sent him pics of the inspiration setting, with some modification requests: adding carving and milgrain on the lower part of the basket, making it black under the stone to enhance the blue hue (he came up with black antique finish on the metal), making the shank 2 mm. I also gave him free reign on the carving design, to come up with something that will complement the fleur de lis. He also made it into a split-shank to give a sense of proportion to the size of the stone. He nailed all of them!

I get lost. I get so lost when I look at her. Sometimes she looks like a blue horizon with white clouds and flashes of lightning. Sometimes I feel like I'm being pulled into another world, a hazy dream, another planet. Sometimes it feels like I'm gazing into a mini crystal ball, the haze fading away, and faces start to gaze back at me. But most of the time, I feel like I have intuitive superpowers, and Selene is my right-hand guardian.

Thanks in advance for letting me share! I am OVER THE MOON with Selene and Dan's work of art!!:kiss2:

il_1588xN.2917909724_kg41.jpg
il_1588xN.2965594345_1xau.jpg

All finished!! Dan's glam pics.

IMG_0740.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0733 (1).jpg
IMG_0737 (1).jpg

Selene finally home!! Indoor morning light. Please excuse my dry hands. :oops:

IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0749.jpg
IMG_0757.jpg

Getting some noon sun. :sun:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
How perfect this setting is for your moonstone. The glowy blue is mesmerizing.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well and staying safe. I had to pop by and share Selene, my new moonstone goddess ring by Daniel M. I bought the stone loose, and contacted Daniel M. for the setting project about month ago. I've always wanted a moonstone ring, but it took me forever to find one in the right size, price, hue, and transparency. Then Selene came along from India through an Etsy seller, in her 15 carat (18 x 14), imperfect but hypnotic glory. I knew that her setting would be her regal gown, and I had to do her justice. It took about a year until Selene decided it was time, and she was ready to sit on my right hand. She wanted to be draped in rich 14K yellow gold, with lots of details and carvings, like a crown, as if she already came like this for hundreds of years, and serendipitously stumbled upon on some Greek island, by a lucky passer-by. Or tourist perhaps? That is her story, and I'm sticking to it. :bigsmile:

inspo.jpg moondstoneCADrevised.jpg moonstoneCAD1.jpg

Inspiration setting and CADs

As always, the whole process was smooth and easy with Dan. I truly think that SHE chose him, and she chose right. I'm just the lady that paid the balance. :lol-2: I sent him pics of the inspiration setting, with some modification requests: adding carving and milgrain on the lower part of the basket, making it black under the stone to enhance the blue hue (he came up with black antique finish on the metal), making the shank 2 mm. I also gave him free reign on the carving design, to come up with something that will complement the fleur de lis. He also made it into a split-shank to give a sense of proportion to the size of the stone. He nailed all of them!

I get lost. I get so lost when I look at her. Sometimes she looks like a blue horizon with white clouds and flashes of lightning. Sometimes I feel like I'm being pulled into another world, a hazy dream, another planet. Sometimes it feels like I'm gazing into a mini crystal ball, the haze fading away, and faces start to gaze back at me. But most of the time, I feel like I have intuitive superpowers, and Selene is my right-hand guardian.

Thanks in advance for letting me share! I am OVER THE MOON with Selene and Dan's work of art!!:kiss2:

il_1588xN.2917909724_kg41.jpg
il_1588xN.2965594345_1xau.jpg

All finished!! Dan's glam pics.

IMG_0740.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0733 (1).jpg
IMG_0737 (1).jpg

Selene finally home!! Indoor morning light. Please excuse my dry hands. :oops:

IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0749.jpg
IMG_0757.jpg

Getting some noon sun. :sun:

It is mesmerizing ! Congrats!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s amazing! May she always guide you towards health and good fortune!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m a sucker for a moonstone and yours is a beaut! The setting couldn’t be more perfect!!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
She’s beautiful and romantic!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, the Adularescence is so attractive. It is a stunning piece. Wear it in good health :kiss2:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
What an incredibly beautiful ring. I just love moonstone and yours is glorious. Enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: Preeeetty, and must be awesome to have your very own satellite!
* also saw your Fanta avatar and immediately started singing, "Moonstone, moonstone, that's a blue stone." to the old Fanta jingle- did a little shimmy and everything:lol:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Canuk-gal, MMtwo, Dmndsr4evr11, MakingTheGrade, Yennyfire, HollyC, and Farleysmom!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
:love: Preeeetty, and must be awesome to have your very own satellite!
* also saw your Fanta avatar and immediately started singing, "Moonstone, moonstone, that's a blue stone." to the old Fanta jingle- did a little shimmy and everything:lol:

Thank you! Haha! I love your jingle! Would not be the same without the shimmy :lol:

PS: Own satellite? Sometimes it feels like another planet. :eek-2:

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s amazing!! Love it!!!

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
Stunning and you wear it well. Setting choice is perfection

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
How do you think of this combination? Inspirational!

Inbloom

Shiny_Rock
This is A-Maz-Ing! That's all I can say...

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! She’s glowing❤️❤️

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely beautiful! The setting suits it to perfection and your stone is dreamy and enviably large!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow!!!! This is sooo magical! Well done on an incredible ring, it's beautiful! :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWSERS!!!! How captivating & mesmerising & down right beautiful!!

:appl: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.....kinda magical... ***swoon***

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's really pretty! He did a great job on the setting!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Slick, Tayberry, Inbloom, Maita, Daisys and Diamonds, Oncrutchesrightnow, Lissyflo, GeorgieQ, Alex T, Mrs. Strizzle, LLJ'smom, and Tyty333!

I look down at my right hand and I still can't believe she's mine! :eek2: Definitely a distraction when I'm driving. :devil:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
How do you think of this combination? Inspirational!

I just totally saw her as antique, over a hundred years old, and something that would be found in a shipwreck. When I found the inspiration pic, I couldn't imagine her any other way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results