shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet my new Tsavorite!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Meet Ms. Tsavy! I decided to take out the Sapphire from my original ering and replace it with a 1.5ct Tsavorite garnet I had purchased a long while ago from the folks at Gem Fix. I don't know why I didn't do the switch earlier. I like having a green center stone so much more!

I wish it were a sunny day out (it's overcast here) because the green is actually very bright. The pictures don't do the stone justice. It's a pure spectral green with hardly any yellow or blue and holds light even indoors.

tsavy3.jpg

tsavy2.jpg

tsavy1.jpg

Side stones are .25ct J color SI1 clarity trillion diamonds. The ring is a Stuller Setting in platinum. Ring size is a 5. I've lost a lot weight over the years so I wear a 3.75 now, so I'll need to take it in a bit though the ring guard I have attached to the back is doing a pretty good job.

This is my orignal ering for comparison. The sapphire will be for a different project once I save up some money:

sapphire_handshot2.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring with both stones :)

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Tsavorite can be difficult to photograph - I know mine is. Under good lighting, it shows a deep, rich green, but when photographed, it can look, well, a bit dark.

Your sapphire really pops, by the way!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful beautiful beautiful!! What are you going to do w/the sapphire?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's really pretty.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies! The Garnet is being shy in her photo shoot. I may need to wait for more sun and take pictures outdoors with my good camera. The flash picture is more accurate in terms of green but it was out of focus.

DSCF0011.jpg

I'm open to ideas with the sapphire!
I was thinking a Harry Winston inspired ballerina ring or doing an art deco 5 stone look with 2 leggy gradated radiants on either side.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, briolette! I especially love the green in that slightly blurry picture.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally, i think your tsav is much better in that particular setting than the sapphire! congrats!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Yeah, I like the Tsav more in the setting too. The sapphire looked good, but it seems like the ring is brighter with a green stone.

For the sapphire I was thinking something like this (but with pointed prongs)

C0200.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I am a big fan of tsavorite, so i love your ring. The sapphire also looks good. I am not a fan of the step cuts with the sapphire. I have a small ruby in a princess setting, as you mentioned, and I love it, even if others say its old fashioned.(I've heard it said)
Love that green.

Annette

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I agree. Step cuts are a little bland. I was thinking elongated radiants but had a hard time finding pictures.

anythingorange

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! I love it with the Tsavorite!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your last photo of your ring almost looks like an emerald and is striking. I'm not sure why there is such a difference, but the ring is gorgeous with the tsav. Excellent call.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Tsav and I love the setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That last picture shows the brilliance of your tsavorite. Perhaps the lighting was lacking in the initial pictures, hence the stone ended up looking dark and blah.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results