carat
color
clarity

#TBT Meet Miss Rosie - the last piece to my puzzle

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone :wavey:

I'll keep things short because I have a ton of pictures to share :lol:

I wanted something a little different to finish off my stack. So....for our 11th anniversary, we made Miss Rosie.

If you have the time, come along and take the journey with me as I recap her "birth" :twirl:

Phase 1: CAD v1
3/4 eternity (standard 5/7 placement)

18k rose gold
2.5 mm at its widest part
1.5 mm at its narrowest part
2.0 mm deep
1.5 mm RBC diamonds

Hubby was unhappy with this one and wanted to see it as a full eternity. This was how I had envisaged it but why would my opinion count???!!!! :rodent:

_16593.jpg

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Phase 2: CAD v2
Full eternity

18k rose gold
2.5 mm at its widest part
2.0 mm deep
1.2 mm RBC diamonds

This got the two thumbs up from the hubby :appl: And I have to say, it made my heart skip a beat :love:

They provided a CAD of my emerald cut flanked by both the 3/4 and full eternities so that I could compare them side-by-side and get a sense of their impact

They also provided me with a CAD of the leaves holding 3 diamonds each. It was an error on their part and was never a consideration for us. I have included it, though, for you to see.

_16594.jpg

_16595.jpg

_16596.jpg

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Dinner time....I'll be back soon!!!!! :wavey:

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Then our jeweler suggested we rule out bigger diamonds - to be sure. I was happy with the eternity CAD but wanted it as thin as possible without compromising the rings integrity so......

Phase 3: CAD v3
Full eternity - 2 different sized diamonds

18k rose gold
2.3 mm - 2.5 mm at its widest part; 1.2 (original CADs) and 1.5 mm (larger, for comparison) diamonds, respectively
2.0 mm deep

_16597.jpg

_16598.jpg

_16599.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see the result me&myboys!! I have just added a flash of rose gold to my stack too! Not as stunning as yours, but I am loving it! It makes me want more!! Who did your ring, if you don't mind me asking?

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
misskittycat|1396693565|3647796 said:
I can't wait to see the result me&myboys!! I have just added a flash of rose gold to my stack too! Not as stunning as yours, but I am loving it! It makes me want more!! Who did your ring, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi MissKC :wavey:

Thanks heaps! I've been trying to load more pics but for some reason I've been unable to. I'll keep trying so please hang in there with me :twirl:

My last 4 rings, including Miss Rosie, have been made by Janai Jewellery (a Melbourne, Australia-based store). They're so easy to work with and so very nice, also.

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
In the end we went with:

18k rose gold
Full eternity
2.3 mm at its widest part
2.0 mm deep
1.2 mm RBC diamonds (as per the original CADs - I just realised that my original post had a typo. The diamonds in the original were 1.2 mm in size)
F colour, VS2 stones

So. Let me present to you Miss Rosie with the rest of the gang (I apologise, in advance, for all the photos....I couldn't figure out which ones to cull so will just include them all):

My stack is now (finally) compete :appl: :love: :appl:

_16600.jpg

_16601.jpg

_16602.jpg

_16603.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
me&myboys|1396694722|3647802 said:

Thanks heaps! I've been trying to load more pics but for some reason I've been unable to. I'll keep trying so please hang in there with me :twirl:

My last 4 rings, including Miss Rosie, have been made by Janai Jewellery (a Melbourne, Australia-based store). They're so easy to work with and so very nice, also.

Ah! I know Janai! I grew up in Melbourne but live in Sydney now!

Miss Rosie is beautiful! I love the flash of rose gold in amongst all those diamonds. Unique and classy!

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Indoor - artificial light. My two hands as they are every day. Wedding stack on left hand, original engagement ring on right hand. :)

Miss Rosie adds that little bit of something interesting/different :appl:

_16604.jpg

_16605.jpg

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Outdoor - indirect sunlight.

Apologies if these end up side ways also. It's a bummer there's no "rotate" function :cry:

_16606.jpg

_16607.jpg

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Outdoors - direct sunlight.

_16608.jpg

_16609.jpg

_16610.jpg

_16611.jpg

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
And the last one.....thanks heaps for looking :wavey:

_16612.jpg

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
misskittycat|1396695574|3647805 said:
me&myboys|1396694722|3647802 said:

Ah! I know Janai! I grew up in Melbourne but live in Sydney now!

Miss Rosie is beautiful! I love the flash of rose gold in amongst all those diamonds. Unique and classy!

Very cool!!

Thank you - I'm also quite smitten by her!!!! :twirl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the stack you have created - looks beautiful on your hand!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Love the new ring :love: Very pretty design and mixing metals is one of my favorite looks. Your entire stack is gorgeous :appl:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Love Miss Rosie, she looks wonderful with all your other rings. I didn't give Janai a thought for stacking bands, totally forgot about them. We went to them when I was looking for my engagement ring upgrade but I ended up going elsewhere. I do remember they were very good and nothing was too much trouble. Might have to go and check them out again :naughty:

Enjoy wearing Miss Rosie, gorgeous :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite stack looks gorgeous with a touch of rose gold :love:
I love your newest addition to the pack!!!
The dainty yet substanstial stack looks gorgeous on your hand.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! Congrats on completing your stack.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are beautiful and they look spectacular together. What I like even better is your husband's involvement!! Lucky girl! :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no words :love: You already know that your stack is the stuff of my dreams, and Miss Rosie, well, let's just say I now have ANOTHER option to consider!!

Do people ever comment on your rings when you are out & about? Because if I saw you I think I might actually just grab your hand & lick it :lickout: :lol:

Just perfectly stunning. What did you do with your channel set? It's worrying me because its gone & I love that one SO very much....

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is Perfect in the stack!

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
Ha ha Alex T, I also have an insanely strong urge to lick this stack! So nice to know I'm not alone in that thought. It is gorgeous :lickout:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love each and every ONE of your rings.. I love your thin fingers.. your rings and your new one are beautiful.. so serene.

:love: :love: :love: :love:

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks|1396697558|3647821 said:
I really like the stack you have created - looks beautiful on your hand!!

Thanks MissGT!!!!! :wavey: I see very few wedding stacks (with over 3 rings) where I live so it's great knowing that you're all out there loving them with me :appl:

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Alex T|1396720722|3647965 said:
I have no words :love: You already know that your stack is the stuff of my dreams, and Miss Rosie, well, let's just say I now have ANOTHER option to consider!!

Do people ever comment on your rings when you are out & about? Because if I saw you I think I might actually just grab your hand & lick it :lickout: :lol:

Just perfectly stunning. What did you do with your channel set? It's worrying me because its gone & I love that one SO very much....

Oh Alex!!!!! :wavey: You are always just way too kind!!!!!! :appl: :appl:

I :love: the little bit of something that Miss Rosie adds to my very "white" stack. She breaks things up a little and adds a bit of interest. I couldn't be happier with how she's turned out :razz:

:lol: Too funny!!!! :lol: Yes. Both men and women comment on my rings. I always find it interesting when a man notices my stack. I always think they're just getting ready to buy a ring or in the process of buying a ring or have just recently purchased a ring. Because in my mind, I always wonder why a man would be interested in jewelry - I know my husband finds my interest (read: obsession) with rings/diamonds a little comical! If I were to ask him in what order I wore my rings, he would have absolutely no clue!!!!! :roll:

So yep. People do grab my hand. The furthest they've gone is put their finger right on my emerald cut -which bugs me to bits!! No tongues yet :lol: :lol:

I knew you would notice! The channel will be repurposed. I tried wearing all of them together but it looked a little too Liberace-esque even for me - which, for a person who wears 5 rings on one finger without a second thought, is saying something :lol: Im a creature of habit and I know, deep down, that if I don't change it, it'll never/rarely be worn :(

I am truly hoping the princess cut stones can be used to make an open circle ring like the one below. It needs to be as flat and thin as possible - I'll wear it on my index finger. I'm just not sure if it'll be possible to make the square stones form a delicate circle. :?: Otherwise, I'll get them to make a delicate, open form (even just a delicate, elongated swirl) that can be made with squares.

_16617.jpg

_16618.jpg

_16619.jpg

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
AprilBaby|1396725490|3647996 said:
She is Perfect in the stack!

Thank you AprilBaby! :wavey: I think so too. I was a little scared that perhaps she would look too different or make my stack a little too busy but it's not the case at all (to me, anyway) :appl:

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Magpie4426|1396731697|3648057 said:
Ha ha Alex T, I also have an insanely strong urge to lick this stack! So nice to know I'm not alone in that thought. It is gorgeous :lickout:

Thank you Magpie :wavey:

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Tekate|1396731862|3648060 said:
I love each and every ONE of your rings.. I love your thin fingers.. your rings and your new one are beautiful.. so serene.

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Thanks heaps, Tekate :wavey:

My fingers are good but my knuckles are a nightmare :o Thankfully they're all extremely comfortable :appl:

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
woofmama|1396699442|3647832 said:
Love the new ring :love: Very pretty design and mixing metals is one of my favorite looks. Your entire stack is gorgeous :appl:

Thank you woofmama :wavey:

The mix in metals has definitely made the set all the more special. So glad you like it! :bigsmile:

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Monnyjay|1396700318|3647842 said:
Love Miss Rosie, she looks wonderful with all your other rings. I didn't give Janai a thought for stacking bands, totally forgot about them. We went to them when I was looking for my engagement ring upgrade but I ended up going elsewhere. I do remember they were very good and nothing was too much trouble. Might have to go and check them out again :naughty:

Enjoy wearing Miss Rosie, gorgeous :wavey:

Thanks Monnyjay :wavey:

I don't go anywhere else anymore. Nothing has ever turned out unexpectedly and their quality is great!! They're really easy to deal with, also, which makes things all the more better. I visit there once a month to have all my rings cleaned :appl:

Oh I will!!! She fits better than I ever imagined!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results