shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Meet Marilyn Monroe-My Mesmerizing 7.6 ct Old European Cut

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Perfect name for a magnificent stone :kiss2: Congratulations!

Thanks for your kind words @Madam Bijoux

Wow, Wow, Wow!

:DThanks @Lookinagain

Ummmm. Wow. Just everything!! Setting. Stone. Wow. Let’s see it stacked! Also. What about your other oec’s—can you post a family shot and tell us how you will divide your time with them? Lol

Thanks @nala .

You know I never thought about stacking Marilyn before you mentioned it. I'm not sure she plays well with others. Looks ok from the top but from the side-not so much. I love your new stack btw! If you've got stacking suggestions I'll take them!

Here's a quick temporary family pic. I'm releasing the 4 ct soon. I will just rotate the rings on my ring finger.

IMG_8002.jpg

IMG_8003.jpg

IMG_7495.jpg

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! I’d love to hear the story of how you found her. The whole ring looks perfect on your hand.

@LightBright thanks so much. You know that I love to "research." Before I secured this stone, I did see a stone in NY that I would have been happy with. When that didn't work out I made some enquiries about this U.K. stone and was lucky to get her. I was hesitant about making such a purchase this size with out seeing it in person-but, luckily, it worked out for me (the jeweler's pics were so bad).

Oh my goodness, how did I miss this?
@lulu_ma, may I just say this is stunning and @KristyDarling hit it on the head...

Oh thank you @missy ! I think it's your Bubbalah that started my love affair with old cuts. I actually took a snap of Bubbalah's facet pattern to compare to Marilyn's before I bought her. When I saw the pattern similarity, I knew I had a winner! I hope that girls can met some time-maybe at NJ Jaws?

Wowzers! What a gorgeous (huge) bright (huge) beautifully faceted (huge) stone! I love her setting too. Definitely need a few more pictures please!

@foxinsox thank you! I've posted more pics-but people are probably sick of seeing my short, stubby fingers :lol:

Nymf

Shiny_Rock
Omg that’s huge and beautiful!!!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Ok, well what can I say that hasn't been stated already! I love OEC's and yours is quite phenomenal! What a honker! One day....sigh! She's so dreamy! And an antique setting to go with her...amazing find indeed! Is your Marilyn 97 years old too? HA!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Marilyn is marvelous. So many congratulations!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
A couple more pics next to my F color ec...

(eek pls ignore my bad mani)

IMG_7936.jpg

IMG_7939.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! 7+ carats looks good on you and works on your hand. Natural and easy. Who woulda thunk?

Thanks @LLJsmom ! Finally, a benefit a for having size 6.5 fingers :lol:

Holy Moly, what a stunner! Everything about it is just perfection!!! We need about a billion more shots of her.

@Catmom thank you so much. Btw, I just love your new OEC ring. But my heart will always belong to your opal octopus :)

I need to sit down. Good gravy, my dear that is so absolutely fabulous! The setting too :O
wilma-flintstone-woman-faints.gif

Thank you @MMtwo-another great gif!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness lulu_ma!
Your ring is HUGE and FABULOUS!!! What a statement and I love the setting you chose.
Just had to join the fainting gif club on this one!

Thank you @Rubies-R-Me ! I can take no credit for the setting-it was created for the stone by a British goldsmith for the stone. It came to me as a set.

Omg I did not think I could love this more and then I saw it moving. This is THE stone.

WOW WOW WOW.

Please teach us your stone finding ways!!!!

@Tonks thanks so much. I got very lucky with this one. But I do have an old cut addiction obsession :mrgreen:. The U.S. market is tight right now. I was lucky to find this stone in overseas. But, of course, it required a leap of faith because I couldn't see the stone in person. Let me know what you're looking for and I will keep my eye out for you!

I am speechless, just gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I can’t wait to see her final dress!

Thanks so much @sweetpea&babycorn ! I still haven't found the perfect design for Marilyn yet, so it may be a while...

Btw, I loved following your HG journey-you totally scored!

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
A video and a few more pics...

Happy Summer Solistice!

IMG_8520.jpg

My first macaron pic

1BD0FF4D-EF90-4B2C-A0F1-715BC067100F.JPG

Couldn't resist taking a pic with my DD's bouquet

IMG_8496.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This thread needs kenny's lady reviver smelling salts dispenser :lol-2:

@lulu_ma, this ring is fabulous!! Absolutely amazing diamond, I'm in awe! Congrats on this 7.6 carat beauty, it's a ring of a lifetime!
Eek-this month has been crazy-sorry for the delay in response! Thanks much @junebug17 . MM really does feel like the pinnacle. I'm still in awe of her (and still taking way too many pics)!

I showed hubby last night, who also enjoys old cut diamonds. Predictably, he had the same reaction of most of Pricescope, “Oh my God”. Seriously, I think he was alarmed I would ask for one in the same breath. ;-).

I came back to say you are so fortunate to have this queenly ring in your care. What a precious gift to enjoy. Also, this is the whitest, best cut M I have ever seen. I came back for specs, just amazing!. Thanks again for sharing. Sincerely enjoying the motion pictures on Insta.

@MMtwo this made me giggle! I'm still in shock that I get to be the MM's caretaker!

Wow, now THAT is a dream ring. I also love all those little prongs, the setting is a work of art in itself.

Thank you @YadaYadaYada I appreciate your kind words! You have such an exquisite collection of old cuts. They really are addictive!

Holy sh*t, she is incredible!!

56C1A94E-4EF4-4509-BFCC-D6D169443468.gif

@elle_71125 thank you! You know I <3 your colored stone collection-especially the newest one (yum)!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Jaw drop! Soooo beautiful!

Thanks for your kind words @Gussie !
WOW. So pretty.

New rule: anyone with a diamond over 7.56 carats has to post a pic every day.

:lol-2: :lol-2: oh I think I'm getting close to that @oncrutchesrightnow ! Thank you!

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness! What a romantic, beautiful diamond! This is a true holy grail piece. Enjoy & wear in good health!

@RunningwithScissors thanks so much! I hope you are well-and we need some updated collection shots from you!

Holy moly!! How can that possibly be an M?? Her faceting is divine!! And you wear her well!! Many congrats on your treasure!!

Thank you @yennyfire ! MM's crisp faceting is what sucked me in. And color wise she is definitely a chameleon. I think we need some new shots of your beauties, too!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
The diamond looks perfect on your hand, no overly large at all. ( Am I experiencing DSS for you:kiss2:

:lol-2: :lol-2: thank you @Ceilimom-love all your comments! I'll admit that the multitude of prongs are a bit of a challenge for me. I'm not saying No to a small halo in the future...

Wowza!!! She's a beauty!!! Thank you for sharing her with us.

@vintage diamond thank you!!

Breathtaking! I am not going to lie, I hope you keep it in that setting too! It is so perfect for it!! Just amazing!

Thanks for your kind words @cushioncutnut. I do love the setting, but the designer calls it "a cocktail ring" and I love the stone so much that I want to her daily. If only I wasn't a klutz...

HI:

I must have glaucoma! How did I miss this???? LOL Devine!

I love the setting I hope you keep it .

cheers--Sharon

Thanks so much @canuk-gal ! And I promise I will keep the setting...for now :lol:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this OMG it’s absolutely amazing. Congratulations on such a spectacular find. She is just beautiful and the setting has such personality. I’m so happy for you…..enjoy this beauty

Thank you @Missie1 ! I have enjoyed watching all of your acquisitions -I think we need a collection post from you, too!

Simply spectacular! :love: And she has the perfect name. Wear her in good health!

@Kim N thank you so much! Your former OEC is one of the ones that started my obsession :)

Your diamond is beautiful. And I think your setting is spectacular! I wouldn’t change it. It really showcases the big “rock”. I thought I was doing well with my GIA OEC 6.01 carat L SI1. Kudos to you. You're a woman after my own heart. My motto is “go big or go home”.

Thanks so much @WS-DiamondLover . Oh is there a thread on your beauty-I would love to see a pic!

Wow wow wow wow wow! Just sumptuous! And congrats on your DD’s academic honors!

@MiniMinerva thank you on both counts! (and I'm just so glad that the school year is almost over-1 more day)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wowwowowoowow, @lulu_ma ! You are on roll on old cuts. That is a huge ROCK! Beautiful!! More pics please.

Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11 ! Ummm...I think I need to slow my roll. :lol:

New pics posted today!

Omg that’s huge and beautiful!!!

@Nymf thank you! I never expected to own stone this large-she's beyond my wildest dreams!

Holy. God.
How I missed this entire thread, I will never know.

I'm dying. Nope... I'm dead. This is my ghost typing.
:lol-2: :lol-2: Dear Ghost of @msop04- Thank you!

Ok, well what can I say that hasn't been stated already! I love OEC's and yours is quite phenomenal! What a honker! One day....sigh! She's so dreamy! And an antique setting to go with her...amazing find indeed! Is your Marilyn 97 years old too? HA!
Thanks @ariel144 . The stone is antique, but the setting is actually new from a British goldsmith. I found the ring this way so I can't take any credit for the design though :)

Marilyn is marvelous. So many congratulations!

@caolsen thank you! You've got so many beautiful old cuts-I think we need an updated family shot soon!

Rinkydink

Rough_Rock
Beautiful stone....that setting is absolutely unique!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone....that setting is absolutely unique!

Thank you @Rinkydink . My initial feelings on the setting were similar to yours :lol: . The setting has grown on me (despite its height) but the 18 prongs are an issue for a klutz like me...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
:kiss2:Disco party

Wow! They’re gorgeous!!!! :kiss2: I love them all!!!!
I clicked on the link when my husband was sleeping. My phone was at the highest sound setting. I ran from the room so it wouldn’t wake him up..:lol:No chance! Love that song! That’s my era!!! :dance:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wow! They’re gorgeous!!!! :kiss2: I love them all!!!!
I clicked on the link when my husband was sleeping. My phone was at the highest sound setting. I ran from the room so it wouldn’t wake him up..:lol:No chance! Love that song! That’s my era!!! :dance:
Oh @MamaBee thank you. And your anecdote made me laugh! (I do this too) :lol-2: :lol-2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! :kiss2: I will respond to all of them-I promise.

In the meanwhile, here are some evening hand shots for you @maita13 . And hopefully more of the setting is visible @diamondyes :)

IMG_7357.jpg

IMG_7351.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

You are absolutely on an old cuts roll! Love it!! Congrats again on your delicious eye candies!! Totally forgot I already commented *toinks*! I am so mesmerized!

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In honor of your ring, I think Forever Marilyn deserves to be in this thread! I saw her last night.
AC60631C-D04F-4054-802B-161290C79F1D.jpeg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Whoa!!!
Uhhhh...whew...yikes...deep breath...

(Can I try it on?)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
You are absolutely on an old cuts roll! Love it!! Congrats again on your delicious eye candies!! Totally forgot I already commented *toinks*! I am so mesmerized!

Well, I appreciate the second comment @Dmndsr4evr11 . And, I've slowed by roll (as the kids say) :lol:
In honor of your ring, I think Forever Marilyn deserves to be in this thread! I saw her last night.
AC60631C-D04F-4054-802B-161290C79F1D.jpeg
Wow! Thanks for sharing @nala ! Holy moly, is that you next to Forever Marilyn-she's huge!

Whoa!!!
Uhhhh...whew...yikes...deep breath...

(Can I try it on?)

Of course @Begonia! Let's meet at NY Jaws :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results