shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Meet Marilyn Monroe-My Mesmerizing 7.6 ct Old European Cut

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Because I lack the eloquence of speech at this moment.
e94afdc881112ab638a2bbe8a37b38d7cac56383b21106fce13130cef2bf42cb.gif

This...THIS..damn..This is what I call a take me to church, clutch my pearls, pour me a double, chuck it in the fuc* it bucket, I WIN MOMENT right here. That setting is nothing short of Sotheby's and museum quality. I can joke all the way to texas and back but the bottom line is in my search for the grail that stone in that setting tops the charts as one of the most stunning things I've ever seen. Beautiful..simply beautiful.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummmm. Wow. Just everything!! Setting. Stone. Wow. Let’s see it stacked! Also. What about your other oec’s—can you post a family shot and tell us how you will divide your time with them? Lol

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! :kiss2: I will respond to all of them-I promise.

In the meanwhile, here are some evening hand shots for you @maita13 . And hopefully more of the setting is visible @diamondyes :)

IMG_7357.jpg

IMG_7351.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7346.jpg
    IMG_7346.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7351.jpg
    IMG_7351.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7355.jpg
    IMG_7355.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 57

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is @missy because I need one of her fainting memes! Everything about this is just BEYOND. The perfect facets, the tremendous size, the beautiful bright white (imagine this in candle light!!)....and wow, I love the queenly setting it came in! Congratulations on this majestic piece of art! :love:

Oh my goodness, how did I miss this?
@lulu_ma, may I just say this is stunning and @KristyDarling hit it on the head...

swooningoverblingdelight.gif

And

swooning-gif.gif

Because this is the stuff of fairytales!

Wear in good health and blingy joy!!!
XOXO

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowzers! What a gorgeous (huge) bright (huge) beautifully faceted (huge) stone! I love her setting too. Definitely need a few more pictures please!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! 7+ carats looks good on you and works on your hand. Natural and easy. Who woulda thunk?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Soooooo glad you finally posted this! Seriously one of the prettiest stones I’ve ever seen! Be sure to post a zillion more photos:)
Thank you @Mreader ! You know I was on pins and needles waiting for the stone to get here-thank you for your virtual hand holding!

Omg.. I have been patiently waiting for this post!

I can finally enjoy all the photos of your HG in one place :) This has been quite an adventure and your endless research has paid off. How fitting for this beauty to be named in honour of Marilyn!

I really admire your perseverance and also to your hubby too. What a good sport for indulging you in this blingtastic hobby of yours!! I am sure he is

@maryjane04 I'm grateful for all of your virtual reality checks! I only wish you lived closer so we could go treasure hunting together! Btw, DH loves you gave him props:lol:

@lulu_ma Marilyn Monroe is jaw dropping amazing! She‘s so beautiful! I’m so glad you found her. :kiss2:

Thanks so much @MamaBee ! She's really a dream ring for me. Doesn't quite seem real yet!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy Moly, what a stunner! Everything about it is just perfection!!! We need about a billion more shots of her.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I need to sit down. Good gravy, my dear that is so absolutely fabulous! The setting too :O
wilma-flintstone-woman-faints.gif

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Here's a vid of Marilyn M. in a gold clip with my F color emerald cut (she’s got a lot of chunk in the trunk :geek2:)

Last edited:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness lulu_ma!
Your ring is HUGE and FABULOUS!!! What a statement and I love the setting you chose.
Just had to join the fainting gif club on this one!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Here's a vid of Marilyn M. in a gold clip with my F color emerald cut (she’s got a lot of chunk in the trunk :geek2:)

I just fainted again.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

Omg I did not think I could love this more and then I saw it moving. This is THE stone.

WOW WOW WOW.

Please teach us your stone finding ways!!!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Holy mother Mary!! What a stunning ring!! Marilyn is an absolute stunner just like her eponym :kiss2: and I also love the setting, it’s so unique. Simply gorgeous!
Thanks so much @AllAboardTheBlingTrain-I appreciate your kind words. I know you are an old cut lover like me!

Wow! That diamond is truly magnificent. It's huuuuge but looks perfect on you! Congratulations!:eek2::kiss2:
@CBianco Thank you. The benefit of having a size 6.5 finger :lol-2:

I love the diamond but I ADORE the setting, omfg!!!!!! More pics of the setting please!

Thanks @diamondyes ! Here are more setting pics for you. As you can see, the setting is high! I'm sort of getting used to it but I'm left handed and not all that graceful:wink2:

IMG_7368.jpg

IMG_7366.jpg

IMG_7367 (1).jpg

360 view here

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I um.. the.. but.. wha.. jus..I need a drink..CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Thank you @blingmeupscotty-you always crack me up :lol-2:

Beautiful!!!

@CircularBrilliant thank you!

I’ve been checking the SMTB thread for this post!! It’s a once in a life time find kind of a situation and stone! MM is GORGEOUS and I’m so happy for you to have found your HG!

ETA: you are so lucky that your DH enjoyed the hunt and loves the stone! What a fun adventure and memories you two must have gained from all the treasure hunts!

@Muluver Thank you-there were so many moving parts to make this happen. I just feel so lucky to be the caretaker of this stone! And DH is loving all the props ;)2

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I am speechless, just gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I can’t wait to see her final dress!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread needs kenny's lady reviver smelling salts dispenser :lol-2:

@lulu_ma, this ring is fabulous!! Absolutely amazing diamond, I'm in awe! Congrats on this 7.6 carat beauty, it's a ring of a lifetime!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I showed hubby last night, who also enjoys old cut diamonds. Predictably, he had the same reaction of most of Pricescope, “Oh my God”. Seriously, I think he was alarmed I would ask for one in the same breath. ;-).

I came back to say you are so fortunate to have this queenly ring in your care. What a precious gift to enjoy. Also, this is the whitest, best cut M I have ever seen. I came back for specs, just amazing!. Thanks again for sharing. Sincerely enjoying the motion pictures on Insta.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Marilyn in the morning (before, during and after school drop off). It's been overcast the last couple of days-this is when she shows the most tint. She's a chameleon for sure.

*note my glam fleece :lol:

IMG_7424.jpg

IMG_7426.jpg

IMG_7427.jpg

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I missed this whole thing. How did I miss this whole thing?
Marilyn is crisp and bright!! Congratulations!! :appl:
I really like the current setting, too, it’s fitting for a stone with such big personality :bigsmile:
Thanks so much @yssie I'm so glad you like her. And you missed nothing-I didn't post anything about her until I had her in my hands-didn't want to jinx it.

I do love the setting. If it was 2 mm shorter, it would be perfect...
Ermagerd. Y’all in this community have some stunning taste and an immense scouring for the jewels talent. :lickout:
@mjea All I can say is that I have learned from the best :praise:

What a gorgeous diamond!
You wear it beautifully :love:

Thank you @Rfisher ! I will definitely need your help designing a forever dress for her. :pray:

Josie is going to Grace. I will miss that setting so much! Eventually, I would love to do a Deco setting beyond simple baguettes for Marilyn, but I can't figure out a good one for her profile.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! What a diamond! She's glorious!

Congratulations on an amazing find - she's the diamond of a lifetime.
@Mrs B thank you for your kind words-you know I adore your taste. And, you said it perfectly-Marilyn does feel like the diamond of a lifetime. I still feel like I'm in a dream state!

Literally amazing! I have no other words... :kiss2:
Thanks so much @Ariadne_Theia !

I am in awe of her beauty. Marilyn is magnificent!!!

@Diamond Girl 21 thank you! I'm in awe of her, too. She's like a siren-so the name fits :D

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, now THAT is a dream ring. I also love all those little prongs, the setting is a work of art in itself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results