shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet Lola the cushion shaped 5.34 L VS carat chunky cut OEC.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Meet Lola the cushion shaped 5.34 L VS carat chunky cut

ringcat|1386159174|3567276 said:
Wow arkieb, what a great find! She is really beautiful! Looking forward to seeing her set.

I had been looking here in Melbourne at estate auctions some time back but it was so hard to find anything in the KLM range. White is all I came across.

Cant wait to see her set and on your hand. If you wouldn't mind, it would be great to know where you got Lola from and which jeweller is setting her for you. I have yet to find a jeweller in this country that I trust.

I looked for a diamond I was happy with for 18+ months. She is a "tinted white" L and I have a J which is another old cut that is astonishingly similar in colour. I checked ebay, jewellers, rubylane, auction places in the US, and the UK. I think it was kind of a freak accident finding a stone here, I had every intention of buying one from overseas.

I am hoping to get Victor Canera in the US to make a setting for me, but I am playing that by ear because I had one failed attempt at purchasing a preloved setting and the stone didn't fit properly and I hated it with the diamond. The guy I use to set stones for me is an above average jeweller here in Brisbane. Mostly if you are after a new setting the quality is much higher and the price will be much cheaper in the US rather than here.

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I agree, the quality of diamonds and jewelers is SO much better in the US. I have an M AVR which I am getting set in the US, and then having it shipped across to us.

But I also want to re-set my wedding oval diamond. I have Victor Canera selected for that project. My only problem is getting someone at this end to set the diamond. My jeweler wont even make me a setting with out purchasing a diamond from him. Most Melbourne jewelers are not very co-operative with regards to something like this. If your jeweler is willing to set a diamond into a setting for you, I would not mind coming up to Brisbane to work with him to get it set. Would you be happy to give me his details?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringcat|1386219350|3567950 said:
I agree, the quality of diamonds and jewelers is SO much better in the US. I have an M AVR which I am getting set in the US, and then having it shipped across to us.

But I also want to re-set my wedding oval diamond. I have Victor Canera selected for that project. My only problem is getting someone at this end to set the diamond. My jeweler wont even make me a setting with out purchasing a diamond from him. Most Melbourne jewelers are not very co-operative with regards to something like this. If your jeweler is willing to set a diamond into a setting for you, I would not mind coming up to Brisbane to work with him to get it set. Would you be happy to give me his details?

Let me know if you come up here we can go and ooogle bling, I just did that with another P/S member from Melbourne :naughty: I have always wanted to see an AVR in person!!!!! I just got a transitional in a Emilya halo last week, but haven't posted pics yet as it takes me a while to get around to it....

The guy I use is Trevor from Rivers here is the website;

http://www.riversjewellers.com.au/

But I have to warn you he can be an old woman about what he will and won't set as well. Depending upon the price of your oval it might be better to ship it to the US and get it set there, I am also not sure if Victor would make a setting for an oval, a symmetrical round no problem, but it depends on the stone. If you do decide to ship it overseas you need to go and get a recent valuation done and either get a vendor to reverse ship it or if it is of a higher value Brinks or Malca Almit are the only options I know of that will ship and insure diamonds and it is quite expensive. If you have the correct paper trail it can be done.

Alternatively although I don't think he is taking Pricescope projects if you asked nicely Mike over in New Zealand might either do it for you or make suggestions.

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1386220214|3567957 said:
Let me know if you come up here we can go and ooogle bling, I just did that with another P/S member from Melbourne :naughty: I have always wanted to see an AVR in person!!!!! I just got a transitional in a Emilya halo last week, but haven't posted pics yet as it takes me a while to get around to it....

The guy I use is Trevor from Rivers here is the website;

http://www.riversjewellers.com.au/

But I have to warn you he can be an old woman about what he will and won't set as well. Depending upon the price of your oval it might be better to ship it to the US and get it set there, I am also not sure if Victor would make a setting for an oval, a symmetrical round no problem, but it depends on the stone. If you do decide to ship it overseas you need to go and get a recent valuation done and either get a vendor to reverse ship it or if it is of a higher value Brinks or Malca Almit are the only options I know of that will ship and insure diamonds and it is quite expensive. If you have the correct paper trail it can be done.

Alternatively although I don't think he is taking Pricescope projects if you asked nicely Mike over in New Zealand might either do it for you or make suggestions.

Arkieb, I would love to go shopping with a P/S member. I actually don't have any friends who are into diamonds as much as me. The person who comes close is hubby, who has to listen to me! LOL! I would be happy to catch up when I come up to Brisbane. Likewise, if you come to Melbourne of course! Is there any way we can exchange details?

I would love to see your transitional Emilya halo! Looking forward to your thread. May I ask who is the PS member from Melbourne? Would love to meet up with someone locally too.

Thank you for the jewelers details. Hey, its worth a try. I haven't had much luck with any jeweler here yet. I have also spoken to VC about the oval reset some time ago, and he seemed fine with it. I have to set my AVR first though and pace myself a bit before I get to the oval. And thanks for all the other info about shipping to the US etc. I really need to know how it all works. :D

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sure I have really old loupetroop listings you should in theory be able to send me a message to my direct email via them, let me know if it doesn't work because they are both fairly old;

http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-natural-diamond-center/price-slashed-1-dot-10-carat-oec-in-bezel-setting-for-sale-at-jbeg

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-diamond/5-dot-13-w-to-x-vvs2-light-yellow-pear-known-as-big-lemony

None of my friends are "into" diamonds either..... hehe so I understand what you mean!!!!

hmhmhm

Rough_Rock

Hey ringcat - I believe Holloway Diamonds will set a stone that you bring in (at least that's what the saleslady told me when I was ring shopping a few months ago). But just bear in mind that their insurance will not cover your stone while it's with them so you either have to take the risk or see if you can find an insurer that will cover your stone while it's being set.

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

hmhmhm|1386229903|3568002 said:
Hey ringcat - I believe Holloway Diamonds will set a stone that you bring in (at least that's what the saleslady told me when I was ring shopping a few months ago). But just bear in mind that their insurance will not cover your stone while it's with them so you either have to take the risk or see if you can find an insurer that will cover your stone while it's being set.

ooh will they? thats good to know. I am due to go and see them someday soon (next year) to turn the plat in my wedding ring (which is not a band) into a band from the same metal.

Thanks hmhmhm. Are you from Melbourne too? Would love to meet fellow sparkle sisters here :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hmhmhm|1386229903|3568002 said:

Hi, hmhmhm, great suggestion I forgot about Garry - there must be other jewellers everyone uses to set stones in Melbourne as well!!! There are a couple of them here in Brisbane that will do it. The guy I go to does a lot of the resizing and setting work for all of the chain stores here.

nottospec

Shiny_Rock

Hi Ringcat,
I am from Geelong and met arkieb lately.
Where are you from?
I am getting some unworn pieces reset in the New year with Antons at chadstone. I have always found their workmanship to be great You could always ask if they would be happy to set your stone in the victor setting. May be worth a try

I have seen Lola in person, she is hot! Can't wait to see her in the new setting

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi arkie--is that setting posted on VC's FB page yours by chance? There's not a lot of 5ct OEC's around here that would fit a setting like that! It reminds me of Mara's vintage piece if it is yours!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1387249081|3575798 said:
Hi arkie--is that setting posted on VC's FB page yours by chance? There's not a lot of 5ct OEC's around here that would fit a setting like that! It reminds me of Mara's vintage piece if it is yours!

I saw this and just knew it had to be yours.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Oh my goodness, your OEC is gorgeous!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Spill it that's your stone on VCs Facebook isn't it :devil:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1387249081|3575798 said:

Hi Yes it is a bit like Mara's ring but with a more intricate Deco gallery handmade by Victor :D

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1390015788|3595198 said:
Spill it that's your stone on VCs Facebook isn't it :devil:

You guys are the best at outing my projects :lol: Yes that IS Lola and they are my pics. More to follow soon when I have more time. I couldn't get the empty ring sent until after we got back from Christmas. And I didn't want to post anything until I got it back from the Aussie setter in case he destroyed Victor's beautiful Deco setting. I can't get any pics to upload onto this thread for some reason so stay tuned for a new thread when I have more time. Here is Victor's facebook page link for a preview;

https://www.facebook.com/VictorCanera

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I knew it was not just a coincidence! Can't wait to see the final reveal--please post it in the SMTB section also! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1390024781|3595264 said:
I knew it was not just a coincidence! Can't wait to see the final reveal--please post it in the SMTB section also! :appl:

I had to wait until after Christmas to even get it and then Victor and I were literally sweating on the setting guy in Australia not ruining the setting before we could mention where it went to anyone. You all might be able to help me. I can't get any pics to load not here and not in a new thread. Is it because they are too big and if so suggestions? Or is it because I have 5 pages of pics save in there already and that is too many??? Ideas? I am more than happy to post lots of pics and I have taken some nice ones but I can't get any of them to load (I have loaded other pics not of Lola before ages ago without issue) so I have no idea why it won't allow me to now. Thanks in advance for ideas....

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1390024950|3595266 said:
mom2boys|1390024781|3595264 said:

I had to wait until after Christmas to even get it and then Victor and I were literally sweating on the setting guy in Australia not ruining the setting before we could mention where it went to anyone. You all might be able to help me. I can't get any pics to load not here and not in a new thread. Is it because they are too big and if so suggestions? Or is it because I have 5 pages of pics save in there already and that is too many??? Ideas? I am more than happy to post lots of pics and I have taken some nice ones but I can't get any of them to load (I have loaded them before ages ago without issue) so I have no idea why it won't allow me to now. Thanks in advance for ideas....

File size may be too big or a glitch w/ PS? Try cropping the pic? I would get help from the mods if you cont. to have trouble. I wish I could be of more help! :confused:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I tried cropping some and nada. Most still will not upload. It is very random how one will just save and the others will not. Anyway here are some that would save - handshot;

img_1248.jpg

Side view;

img_1207.jpg

Victor's wonderful handmade deco gallery;

img_1025.jpg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

Could I try it on? :))

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Begonia|1390027778|3595289 said:
Could I try it on? :))

Sure you are more than welcome to :lol:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

WoW!!!

that is BEautiful!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Shoot shoot shoot!

I'm dying over here. She's amazing. Best solitaire on ps.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wowee--your ring is one fit for royalty!!! :cheeky: Can we see a pic from afar please? :bigsmile:

Will it be your main ER now? Are you going to pair a band with it?

Anyways, I'm so glad it is in it's final setting! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's amazing. :love: The setting is perfect! Lola rocks. :appl:
More pics please!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

O.K everyone tell me how to get them to save because most of my pics won't and I did shrink them and I cropped a heap and they still wouldn't save and I will happily post a ton more & or start a new SMTB post. Should I complain to the moderators? I can't get the majority of the pics I have to save and upload.... I have done it in the past and it worked, but now it just is refusing to allow me to save pretty well everything.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock

W :love: W!! :love: :love: :love: Stunner!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock

AMAZING! Can I try it on too? :love:

Try using a different name to save the pics, if the names aren't very original - there could be a picture already named that.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I tried that. I managed to get two more photos to save and load today, but the rest won't and these are the same ones that would not load yesterday. I must have a glitch in my pic section or something!

Inside the house no lights on afternoon time at a bit more of a distance, excuse my yuck hands & nails;

img_1110.jpg

Inside the bathroom no lights on late afternoon;

img_1061.jpg

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

nottospec|1387055830|3574310 said:
Hi Ringcat,
I am from Geelong and met arkieb lately.
Where are you from?
I am getting some unworn pieces reset in the New year with Antons at chadstone. I have always found their workmanship to be great You could always ask if they would be happy to set your stone in the victor setting. May be worth a try

I have seen Lola in person, she is hot! Can't wait to see her in the new setting

Hi nottospec!

So sorry I only saw this post today when I saw Lola's new home. Doesn't she look just divine!!! And you got to see her IRL!!!
Thank you for telling me about Anton's. I have bought some small pieces from them before at their Glen Waverley store.

I am from Ivanhoe (inner city), and would love to meet up with / get to know a fellow PS'er!

Hope you catch this post! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results