shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching pair of 2 ct MRB for 4ctw studs

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I got my studs today. They’re really nice. WF did a great job on the settings. 14k cause they are significantly lighter than the platinum version, and they set the stones quite low. With jumbo backs they sit nicely upright on my ears.
DB8D6A90-BDA9-4AE5-8282-42FC52AE6D97.jpeg

OH MY GOD.

Um.

Wow.

****Dives off Ban Island in pursuit of a pair of lab grown studs she needs like another hole in the head***

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Some thoughts on these lab studs. They are very pretty, extremely sparkly and decent impact. They’re big for studs compared to my old 2.3 ctw pair, but not uncomfortably large. However, they don’t feel special. Honestly cause they’re labs and not hard to get. And cause if these were earth mined I could not afford them, maybe I feel like I’m faking something, or trying too hard. The pro is that they are very sparkly and go with everything. Thus I will probably reach for them a lot and will get over this “lab” thing in my head. I don’t worry when I have them on because they aren’t $80k, so ironically I would wear these more because they are labs. In the end I don’t regret them because they are a staple. However they solidify the remaining earth mined pieces I want in my collection. So many ironies.

****stops swimming. Treads water. Sighs. Begins swim back to Ban Island to begin writing lines in the sand:
“wait to experiment with lab stones until AFTER upgrade.
Wait to experiment with lab stones until AFTER upgrade.
Wait to experiment with lab stones until AFTER upgrade.”
Wait to experi——“
Is abruptly knocked on head with coconut by fellow island resident PSers.**

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
****stops swimming. Treads water. Sighs. Begins swim back to Ban Island to begin writing lines in the sand:
“wait to experiment with lab stones until AFTER upgrade.
Wait to experiment with lab stones until AFTER upgrade.
Wait to experiment with lab stones until AFTER upgrade.”
Wait to experi——“
Is abruptly knocked on head with coconut by fellow island resident PSers.**

:lol:Definitely get your upgrade first!!!

newdiamondworld

Shiny_Rock
Your earrings are beautiful. In my experience, something is either mind clean to begin with or not, it’s not something you can make yourself feel over time.
Also I think most of us associate diamonds with not just their beautiful white sparkle, but also with their rarity. If it’s widely available, how can it be it special? IMO

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your earrings are beautiful. In my experience, something is either mind clean to begin with or not, it’s not something you can make yourself feel over time.
Also I think most of us associate diamonds with not just their beautiful white sparkle, but also with their rarity. If it’s widely available, how can it be it special? IMO

Thank you. Well technically diamonds are not that rare in nature. For example emeralds are a lot more rare. However with the current state of the world, (Russia-Ukraine war) earth grown diamonds are more “rare”. But I think each person has a different definition of “special”. There are plenty of people that may disagree with me.

newdiamondworld

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. Well technically diamonds are not that rare in nature. For example emeralds are a lot more rare. However with the current state of the world, (Russia-Ukraine war) earth grown diamonds are more “rare”. But I think each person has a different definition of “special”. There are plenty of people that may disagree with me.

Maybe 'not easily attainable' is the word I should have used. Like if gold was the same price as regular steel, we would probably stop seeing it as precious metal.
But yes, everyone is different and has different reactions to things

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe 'not easily attainable' is the word I should have used. Like if gold was the same price as regular steel, we would probably stop seeing it as precious metal.
But yes, everyone is different and has different reactions to things

Yes I would agree about attainable. And true about steel v gold. Yeah not easily attainable for me. And if that makes me superficial so be it. As a very practical person I am sure the practical benefits of these studs will outweigh any reservations I may have.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I meant to post these pics here for reference.
55D0D83F-7D02-4D87-AA67-F086C36AC2E0.jpeg

Attachments

• 4CDFD204-D52F-4DCD-A665-A26B0853287F.jpeg
    4CDFD204-D52F-4DCD-A665-A26B0853287F.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 41
  • E36D9DBE-DBBD-46F1-B9D4-B9DE31B70B1B.jpeg
    E36D9DBE-DBBD-46F1-B9D4-B9DE31B70B1B.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 42

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some thoughts on these lab studs. They are very pretty, extremely sparkly and decent impact. They’re big for studs compared to my old 2.3 ctw pair, but not uncomfortably large. However, they don’t feel special. Honestly cause they’re labs and not hard to get. And cause if these were earth mined I could not afford them, maybe I feel like I’m faking something, or trying too hard. The pro is that they are very sparkly and go with everything. Thus I will probably reach for them a lot and will get over this “lab” thing in my head. I don’t worry when I have them on because they aren’t $80k, so ironically I would wear these more because they are labs. In the end I don’t regret them because they are a staple. However they solidify the remaining earth mined pieces I want in my collection. So many ironies.

I really respect the amount of self-introspection in this post. Being willing to examine your own feelings and acknowledge your personal conclusions, whether or not they’re “totally logical”, whether or not they’re true to any agendas you’d had before - that flavour of integrity is an admirable quality and it’s something that you have in spades. You always have.

And they LOOK phenomenal. Forgetting any mind clean scales for a moment. My eyes are bedazzled by the photos, I can’t even imagine what they must look like in-person!!

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my studs today. They’re really nice. WF did a great job on the settings. 14k cause they are significantly lighter than the platinum version, and they set the stones quite low. With jumbo backs they sit nicely upright on my ears.
DB8D6A90-BDA9-4AE5-8282-42FC52AE6D97.jpeg

I hope you will reach for them often because they look stunning on you. :love: Even in photos they look so sparkly, and I love the settings you chose.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your studs look amazing! I hope you continue to enjoy and wear them often because they look gorgeous on you.
I have both earth mined and lab studs, but I tend to reach for lab more because I like the freedom of wearing them without worrying so much about losing them. Mind you I’d still be upset, but I know the cost of replacing wouldn’t be as much. Plus … I don’t worry about having to worry about the extra cost of insurance. I can spend the money I would have spent on insurance on extra bling :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant to post these pics here for reference.
55D0D83F-7D02-4D87-AA67-F086C36AC2E0.jpeg

Wow! You’re making me want to sell my mined studs! :lol: I hope my lab studs are as colorless and sparkly as yours! I’m getting excited after seeing yours. Mine are teeny next to yours though..

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really respect the amount of self-introspection in this post. Being willing to examine your own feelings and acknowledge your personal conclusions, whether or not they’re “totally logical”, whether or not they’re true to any agendas you’d had before - that flavour of integrity is an admirable quality and it’s something that you have in spades. You always have.

And they LOOK phenomenal. Forgetting any mind clean scales for a moment. My eyes are bedazzled by the photos, I can’t even imagine what they must look like in-person!!

Thank you @yssie. From one person who tries not to shy away from being real to another, I so appreciate that. I have to try my best to be honest with myself because if I don't, I won't end up with what I love and appreciate most, even if I don't exactly know what that is until I get there. Wish I knew what I wanted before I started. LOL. Btw, seeing how you rock your gorgeous studs made me realize that big studs as fabulous as they are, can be wearable. Thank you @diamondseeker2006 and @m-2-b for encouraging me to get to the 2 carat mark, even if I did not think I could handle them. Boy, was I wrong.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you will reach for them often because they look stunning on you. :love: Even in photos they look so sparkly, and I love the settings you chose.
Thank you @Kim N. Will be interesting if I do tend to reach for them each morning. And thanks for your input as well.

Your studs look amazing! I hope you continue to enjoy and wear them often because they look gorgeous on you.
I have both earth mined and lab studs, but I tend to reach for lab more because I like the freedom of wearing them without worrying so much about losing them. Mind you I’d still be upset, but I know the cost of replacing wouldn’t be as much. Plus … I don’t worry about having to worry about the extra cost of insurance. I can spend the money I would have spent on insurance on extra bling :lol:
Thank you @Sparkles88 . Nice to know that for you, the worry-free aspect of labs encourages you to wear it more. Hope I will feel the same. And I do love that I don't need to add it to the insurance policy.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! You’re making me want to sell my mined studs! :lol: I hope my lab studs are as colorless and sparkly as yours! I’m getting excited after seeing yours. Mine are teeny next to yours though..

@MamaBee , your mined studs are gorgeous and if I had bought earth mined in the first place I would not be ambivalent about my studs now.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I remember a term from my old PoliSci professor in college that most accurately describes my mental state regarding these studs. These specific lab stones and pair of studs represent a paradigm shift in my world, reasonably priced beautifully cut diamonds. I think it will just take some time for my mind to deal with the shock and adapt.
For now, I don't forsee more lab diamond jewelry in my future. I lucked out on mine, with how well cut and reasonably priced these stones are. I don't think I could settle for less and am not willing to spend more. I am now 85% certain about the VCA earrings on my list, 60% on a last VCA bracelet, and 40% about a pair of mined studs. (Please forgive the accountant in me.) Then I may be done with my core collection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results