shape
carat
color
clarity

Mastercut Gems Sale- anyone buy anything?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I purchased an aquamarine that I plan to have set in a pendant for mom for Christmas. I was thinking a pendant, maybe Daniel M. I have never used him, but he seems to do well with clean designs and that's more her than me. I have some melee diamonds from a bracelet I could send if he works with diamonds. I was thinking maybe a diamond double halo around it, to use up my melee because I'll never use it otherwise.

I also bought the pair of Spessarite Hessonite garnets, to send to him to make earring drops that go on hoops for me.

Finally, I bought the 2.68 pair of Columbian Emeralds. I have been eyeing them for a bit.

If they are nice, I will send them to my go to person, rather than Daniel, but they are also a good bit more expensive.

Did anyone buy anything?

Nice, elizat! I like your aquamarine. Dan does diamonds and traditional jewelry, as well as the more modern look. Those emeralds are wonderful - I look forward to seeing them when they come in.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought an aquamarine. I know it's included, but the inclusions look like water and I went back and fourth a few times :). Do you know how sometimes the color or look of something reminds one of something else. This looks like a large glass rock I bought for a fish aquarium as a kid. Complete nostalgia trip!

40392.jpg

This is beautiful! It is just shimmering! Do you have any plans for how you might set it?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This is beautiful! It is just shimmering! Do you have any plans for how you might set it?

Thank you! That was a complete impulse purchase. I really like the stone's texture and I have been in love with the aquamarine colors since I was a little girl.

I'm not sure at all how to set it. I am going to have to live with the stone a little bit to see how it acts and reacts. My first thoughts are diamonds or darker blue sapphires. I am also kicking around textures - this stone looks so organic. I wonder if a very straight, orderly sidestone (diamond baguette or trap) would look good against the chaos. OR, maybe an organic setting like Daniel M does with a silver ring and rose gold prongs and side beads.

a girl can dream :)

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I made a separate thread for what do to with them - I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m not new to beautiful baubles, but am new to setting my own stones. I’m not sure how to link my post, but it’s title is: What would you set first?

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a parcel of pink sapphires to make into an eternity band 40349.jpg

I'd love to know how you're planning to set these. I know you mentioned as a eternity ring but wondered if it will be a bespoke ring or if you have a setting already that the stones will be placed into? I'm trying to create/thinking about such a band myself and so far haven't gotten very far!

pandadreams11

Rough_Rock
I'd love to know how you're planning to set these. I know you mentioned as a eternity ring but wondered if it will be a bespoke ring or if you have a setting already that the stones will be placed into? I'm trying to create/thinking about such a band myself and so far haven't gotten very far!

Hi,

i reached out to id jewelry and sent them specs so that they can make the ring for me. I'm thinking it's going to be a custom setting mostly. I usually work with jonna there but everyone in yekutiels team is awesome. i would recommend reaching out to them. i'm sure they have premade settings too.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@moneymeister, I guess I’m thinking a ring for one of the peridots, and probably the zircon. Possibly a pendant for the other peridot. I was really looking for a larger red spinel, so hadn’t planned on buying any of these, so I don’t really have a plan. I also have a large metallic fireball white pearl that could be set as a pendant, so that might be an option. Lol! I really don’t know yet. :mrgreen2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Mine arrived. The garnet is not pictured.

The aqua is for my mom. I have to go about getting it set now.

The emeralds are pretty. They have a glow and are actually very clean stones.

PXL_20201102_170339523.jpg PXL_20201102_170449034.jpg PXL_20201102_170358876.jpg

Those emeralds are very clean. Do you have plans for them yet?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I think so. But not until this coming spring or later. I would like to wait to set them a bit. Was thinking something like this for a concept.

Screenshot_20201102-121935.png Screenshot_20201102-122125.png Screenshot_20201102-122216.png

Gorgeous. I haven't seen emerald with onyx before. I like it very much. The planning is fun.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
love those emerald and onyx earrings!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I just bought an aquamarine. I know it's included, but the inclusions look like water and I went back and fourth a few times :). Do you know how sometimes the color or look of something reminds one of something else. This looks like a large glass rock I bought for a fish aquarium as a kid. Complete nostalgia trip!

40392.jpg

It's here.
20201105_120749.jpg
20201105_125321.jpg
20201105_120831.jpg 20201105_131400.jpg

I don't mind the inclusions and I think the color is pretty nice for a very budget friendly aqua. I think the Daniel M organic setting will be perfect with it (in rose gold and argentium silver).

Attachments

• il_1588xN.2503975058_ocn7.jpg
    il_1588xN.2503975058_ocn7.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 20

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're not shipping to the UK at the moment :confused2:

Elise_k

Rough_Rock
): I wish! They’re not shipping to Canada at this time.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure when it will arrive, but I definitely will. I’m keeping expectations for it realistic, given my chosen criteria.

(hard to do with that stunner you just posted! :lol: )

I’m sure it will be gorgeous. I can’t wait to see your pics. :D

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle, this sapphire is beautiful!! I am so tempted by their light blue sapphires!

I’ve been thinking about a light blue sapphire for a while now and I will say its just as beautiful as I had hoped. Now, what you do with that info is up to you...:evil2:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, everybody, on your beautiful gemstones!

@elle_71125 I just love your pretty light blue sapphire! So glad you found what you wanted. You have so many luscious pinks. I just know you will love wearing the blue!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results