shape
carat
color
clarity

Mastercut Gems Sale- anyone buy anything?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I purchased an aquamarine that I plan to have set in a pendant for mom for Christmas. I was thinking a pendant, maybe Daniel M. I have never used him, but he seems to do well with clean designs and that's more her than me. I have some melee diamonds from a bracelet I could send if he works with diamonds. I was thinking maybe a diamond double halo around it, to use up my melee because I'll never use it otherwise.

I also bought the pair of Spessarite Hessonite garnets, to send to him to make earring drops that go on hoops for me.

Finally, I bought the 2.68 pair of Columbian Emeralds. I have been eyeing them for a bit.

If they are nice, I will send them to my go to person, rather than Daniel, but they are also a good bit more expensive.

Did anyone buy anything?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 I was considering that one for my mom. But I ultimately went for the aquamarine because I didn't know if she would like something that bright. That's a really pretty choice!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry, I snapped that lapis. I took another lapis too, I’m thinking setting them into an open-end bangle with high k rich yellow gold.

Oh don’t be sorry!
im happy it’s gone to a PS’er
hope you post lots of pics, and your intended project sounds divine
can’t wait to see :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No point for me as there is a hold on all international shipping as stated on their site.

DK :((

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have sent them a message about holding my purchases until they are ready to be shipped at their choosing.

DK :))

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I have sent them a message about holding my purchases until they are ready to be shipped at their choosing.

Oh Phooey! Are you in Australia?

I'm debating on the grey spinel. Which has probably sold ha ha

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle, that is gorgeous! I love light blue sapphires. I hope to one day have one. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Thank you. Here’s hoping it looks just as good in person. :mrgreen:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Phooey! Are you in Australia?

I'm debating on the grey spinel. Which has probably sold ha ha

No, I am in UK.

Rachelle has responded with good news, however I decided against making a purchase.

I was hoping to get that heart cut Tourmaline and the Tourmaline rough pendant.

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
I bought a small Tanzanian sapphire, one that color shifts from purple-blue to teal. I like the color and hope it isn't too dark.

Almost got the gray spinel and I'm half-sad/half-relieved someone else got it first!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a few things - will post pics when they arrive :)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh that powder blue sapphire is to die for! I love that color

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry, I snapped that lapis. I took another lapis too, I’m thinking setting them into an open-end bangle with high k rich yellow gold.

So glad someone grabbed them. I had one in my cart but talked myself down as I have a lapis ring and pendant. Congratulations!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't I'm abstaining though there's more than a few I would like to have. But I'll be honest, I stil

I'm so glad you snatched it...lol I was eyeing it so hard. I don't need to buy anything else that's gonna sit in a box.

Module

Shiny_Rock
Oh don’t be sorry!
im happy it’s gone to a PS’er
hope you post lots of pics, and your intended project sounds divine
can’t wait to see :)

So glad someone grabbed them. I had one in my cart but talked myself down as I have a lapis ring and pendant. Congratulations!

I haven't I'm abstaining though there's more than a few I would like to have. But I'll be honest, I stil

I'm so glad you snatched it...lol I was eyeing it so hard. I don't need to buy anything else that's gonna sit in a box.

Thanks all! I guess I'm still in the stage of "oh what is it, I have never seen it before, yes I NEED it":) It would be a fun project, maybe paired the lapis with the two cat eye chrysoberyl cabochons, which I have had for a year and don't know what to do with them. 2019-06-10_22-53-59_377.jpeg

Some inspiration pictures like this:
IMG_1420.JPG

or like this:
IMG_1409.JPG

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really tempted by the white round Zircon pairs as side stones!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I am soooo tempted by this delicious little ruby, but since I am on a bling ban even for modest purchases, I hope someone else snaps this up so I can live vicariously through them

https://mastercutgems.com/Products-...ok_Natural_Ruby_0_43_carat-Gem.php?FromPage=1

1603761907691.png

I was thinking about that ruby! It’s just the right size to replace an earring I lost and I think it would be a reasonable color match since earrings aren’t worn side-by-side. The thing is, since I lost the earring so long ago and never bothered to replace it I’m not sure I would really reach for the pair now.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about that ruby! It’s just the right size to replace an earring I lost and I think it would be a reasonable color match since earrings aren’t worn side-by-side. The thing is, since I lost the earring so long ago and never bothered to replace it I’m not sure I would really reach for the pair now.

Only way one way to find out!

(I am a total enabler)

If you do take the plunge and don't wear them / decide to sell them...maybe I can take them off your hands! :lol:

wubu

Rough_Rock
I bought this apple green Australian Chrysoprase Sterling Silver Ring from MasterCutGems. The high dome looks like a rocket about to launch :) Very cute ring.
My husband saw this ring and put two gummies next to it, hence the photo. ;)2

gem_and_gummies.jpg

idola

Shiny_Rock
I bought some humble but cute little sapphires. I think inclusions are adorable so my tastes tend toward budget, and I loved the look of these, so I grabbed them. 8)

Inside:
F289B771-F02E-4C26-AF52-0CFE49E71632.jpeg
Outside:
546C7C59-AD84-4A46-A6C7-950E0907C07B.jpeg

I like them a lot but I was surprised that the middle inclusion in the blue one looks like a bubble. I didn't think that happened much in natural gems (though I honestly don't know a ton about gems yet).

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I just bought an aquamarine. I know it's included, but the inclusions look like water and I went back and fourth a few times :). Do you know how sometimes the color or look of something reminds one of something else. This looks like a large glass rock I bought for a fish aquarium as a kid. Complete nostalgia trip!

40392.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results