shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise Halo URGENT HELP!!

18karamu

Rough_Rock
I just looked up the specs on mine, the halos are 1.2mm, 1.5mm, and graduate to 2mm on the shank.

Adiamor will make an empty setting or set your stone, just FYI. Their double halos are an excellent value.
Fabulous. Are you able to post a face down image of your ring so I can see the different halos? Thank you!! And I am in NZ, our jeweller is a family friend so it’s a bit tricky. I spoke to him yesterday and he said he can do the graduating halo if I want that. Thanks again

18karamu

Rough_Rock
Hi there dimensions are 4.26x8.36, :twirl:

18karamu

Rough_Rock
I just looked up the specs on mine, the halos are 1.2mm, 1.5mm, and graduate to 2mm on the shank.

Adiamor will make an empty setting or set your stone, just FYI. Their double halos are an excellent value.
Would love to see another pic of your beautiful ring, looking down at it so i can see the different sized halo stones, if you have a shot that is! I live in New Zealand and the jeweller is a family friend. He has said that he can do the graduating halo. So now I just have to decide on a delicate thin double halo of maybe half pointers or a graduating halo like yours :)

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Would love to see another pic of your beautiful ring, looking down at it so i can see the different sized halo stones, if you have a shot that is! I live in New Zealand and the jeweller is a family friend. He has said that he can do the graduating halo. So now I just have to decide on a delicate thin double halo of maybe half pointers or a graduating halo like yours :)
fullsizerender_5_3.jpg fullsizerender_2_23.jpg

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posting a few more double halos with a marquise.

GabrielNY Stock setting. https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER10796W44JJ

This shows the side view with the lovely tilt outward of the outer halo. Great vintage setting, but a different gallery would totally modernize.
https://edmarshalljewelers.com/18kw-double-halo-pave-diamond-marquise-engagement-ring-r10181
upload_2019-5-4_7-52-22.png

I love how this adds a larger stone at the point and graduates the inner halo to really make the marquise shape pop. This will also add size to the setting. You could do this a a single halo (just inner) or double.
upload_2019-5-4_7-48-49.png

Another nice double. Love how they kept the two halos very tight (don't love the giant V-prong).
upload_2019-5-4_7-53-39.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what it's worth (lone voice in the wilderness here) I love a large halo - ie cluster. One of my all time favorite rings on PS is a small EC with large* rbs in the halo. Looks WONDERFUL and very deco - which is where I think your jeweler is heading with his suggestions for your ring. It might not be your cup of tea, but I'd love it.

When I say 'large', they're probably about 2.5mm. Just large in relation to the EC.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0377.jpg IMG_0378.jpg
Here's an emerald in a double halo, love the way the pointy shoulders echo the shape of the emerald. The other one with the twisty pave isn't exactly double but it's so gorgeous!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Probably too late for this OP but anyone else interested in this type of ring for marquise on a budget should take a look at this style on James Allen.

This one is in platinum and is on sale for $1600. Its called a "falling edge" double halo. Nice..
It doesn't show that it can be set with a marquise but they have in the past. Diamonds are F/G color too.

https://www.jamesallen.com/diamond-...rings/0.70-carat-halo-engagement-ring-1813041

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results