shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise Halo URGENT HELP!!

18karamu

Rough_Rock
07F2A935-1ED9-4771-861E-09B245312D27.jpeg
Hi lovelies! I am getting my e ring custom made and have to make a decision in the next 24hrs on the size of my halo stones!

My centre stone is a .53ct marquise, and my jeweller is suggestion 2.4mm halo stones (see pic attached that he sent me) but I think they’re gonna be way too large. I’m happy to go down to 2mm (3 pointers) but then I am worried it’s still going to look like a cluster ring. I’m worried if I go much smaller with the halos, I will be disappointed with the overall size of the ring being too small.

Would love any help or to see your marquise rings or larger halos!

Thank you so much!

rainydayam

Rough_Rock
I'll warn you, i'm not very good with proportions, but I just wanted to say that I love your marquise and I dont think the 2.4mm stones will make the ring look like a cluster ring. I do think the 2.4mm stones do overwhelm it a bit though. Can he give u a picture with the 2mm stones so that you can see how those would look? I think that 2mm would be a good size so as not to overwhelm the stone, but i dont think that either size will look like a cluster ring

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you show me a photo of a marquise halo you want. This will help understand the look you’re going for

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Those definitely overpower your beautiful marquise. Ask him to show you a couple other options so you can be sure. I can't wait to see the final ring!

18karamu

Rough_Rock
904B9D55-85FD-4D44-A7CB-9C1C92E08527.jpeg
Can you show me a photo of a marquise halo you want. This will help understand the look you’re going for

This is what I was going for but I wanted the overall size of the ring bigger (without having to get a larger centre stone), so as to why my jeweller is suggesting large halos. This is my hand by the way, :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think what the jeweller is suggesting is too big. Could you not do a double halo of smaller melee similar to the size of the store picture on your hand?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think they are too big. I like Alex T's idea of a double halo with smaller stones if you want a bigger look but dont want to overwhelm your
marquise.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, those stones are way to big. I think you would be unhappy with the look, as it is not anything like your inspiration ring. Go smaller and double row, for a larger look. I love the inspiration ring!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh gosh no, too big considering the look you want. IMO that looks like a cluster ring. i totally agree with whoever suggested the double row halo, i think proportionally you'll get the larger look without having the halo stones overpower the main stone.

like this:
1d9c05855d62dac8662b1db008fa3b9a.jpg

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
There was someone last summer who did a double halo around an oval, and it was stunning! I was thinking along the lines of a double as well. The stones being suggested to you are going to give more of a floral setting rather than enhance the stone size, they're too large in my opinion.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
128A447E-891E-4A05-9703-CE31B4CA6064.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed--I think the stones proposed are too big and will look like a cluster ring. But a double halo would be gorgeous.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the stones are too big also as they overpower your marquis, I would do baguettes, because I love baguettes. The stone is beautiful!

AV_

Ideal_Rock

An example - www ...

18karamu

Rough_Rock
9E612197-0423-4364-9366-A1FB1DB74FD4.jpeg Thank you everyone for your replies & help. I originally started with a double halo design but the CAD came through and I wasn’t happy. The overall siE of the ring was too big on my finger when I measured it out, and I really didn’t like the “fatness” of the ring when using the double halo. The stones in the drawing are 1.3mms. He did give me the option of taking them down to 1mm but advised the ring wouldnt be as strong because of all the small claws - please keep in my budget is pretty small so this is going to be a cast ring. Here’s the images of the CAD

AV_

Ideal_Rock
... I love it too... & cannot find a single marquise with quite such extreme proportions - I'd guess approx 2.5 /1 to 3 / 1 ! - for reference, .5cts 2.3/1 gets 9mm long www ; the cluster would get over 12 mm

18karamu

Rough_Rock
oh gosh no, too big considering the look you want. IMO that looks like a cluster ring. i totally agree with whoever suggested the double row halo, i think proportionally you'll get the larger look without having the halo stones overpower the main stone.

like this:
1d9c05855d62dac8662b1db008fa3b9a.jpg
This is seriously beautiful, and I actually love the two different size halos - if I am seeing correctly?

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
904B9D55-85FD-4D44-A7CB-9C1C92E08527.jpeg

This is what I was going for but I wanted the overall size of the ring bigger (without having to get a larger centre stone), so as to why my jeweller is suggesting large halos. This is my hand by the way, :)
This is beautiful. Would do two delicate halos that look seamless.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
This is seriously beautiful, and I actually love the two different size halos - if I am seeing correctly?
The soleste-style halo does have a smaller inner halo, angled slightly down to blend to the outer halo.

I think it would suit. I have a cast soleste ring and it looks fine with very small melee - mine is from Adiamor - I think you might have a jeweler problem, OP. Pave work is tricky. fullsizerender_4_7.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a double halo with the outer larger and inner smaller would work well. Then it'll be more similar to the oval halo you liked above.

18karamu

Rough_Rock
Would anyone happen to know what the name of the different sized double halo setting is called? Ive told my jeweller I need more time and to just hold off for now. I was SO close to pressing "go" on a single halo of 2mm stones - but its really not my overall vision! I am really loving the setting of that oval!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would anyone happen to know what the name of the different sized double halo setting is called? Ive told my jeweller I need more time and to just hold off for now. I was SO close to pressing "go" on a single halo of 2mm stones - but its really not my overall vision! I am really loving the setting of that oval!
I don't know what it's called, but if you describe that you want a double halo with the outer halo larger than the inner halo. I can't eyeball size very well, but maybe 1.8mm outer, and 1.5 or 1mm inner halo? But obviously I'm not a jeweler so I have no sense of what that would look like with your stone.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked up the specs on mine, the halos are 1.2mm, 1.5mm, and graduate to 2mm on the shank.

Adiamor will make an empty setting or set your stone, just FYI. Their double halos are an excellent value.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What’s the LxW of the your marquise? I wonder if there’s a stock setting that might work

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results