shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise diamonds. Nostalgia

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
So many, many years ago - in the 1990ies - I lived in Southern Utah for a while. Being European, lots of things fascinated me. Also that people got married so early - Utahn thing though. Lots of girls, only a bit older than me, got engaged (sometimes after only a few weeks) and were proudly showing their erings... marquise erings, almost without exception. I could only stare at such big rocks then (what they seemed then) and deep within fantasise to one day have a diamond of my own (However, in my dreams it was never a marquise). Nevertheless for all the years that came I stayed fascinated, maybe strangely intrigued by this particular shape. Today I think it can be very beautiful. So please show me your marquise diamonds and let me feel nostalgic.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I love that you started this thread! I was one of those too-young and engaged girls in the 90's with a marquis diamond, lol. That marriage lasted 16 years and I have since given my daughter her Daddy's diamond. But I do still have a marquis band I wore with it. 1614529341314457361036891868617.jpg

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful that the stone went to your daughter! And the band is exquisit!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not married super young - 26 years old. My original engagement ring was a modern round brilliant. However, after 10 years married we upgraded to an antique moval. Here’s mine:

I will never get sick of this epic set. I could see a million pics and still feel excited for you haha.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
....how exactly do you pronounce marquise ?
(Asking for a freind :D)

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I will never get sick of this epic set. I could see a million pics and still feel excited for you haha.

Thank you! I love marquise diamonds. I love them set east west and diagonally. I never even thought of marquise until I upgraded. I was originally going to go with a marquise, but Alex at Parks Fine Group found this moval and I just love the facets on this diamond (between marquise and oval). Fell in love right away.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20210301_102708.jpg

I'm sad I only have a copy of a picture of my original engagement ring. It really was a lovely marquise. Sadly, the stone was switched during a repair, so we replaced it with an upgrade. Edit to add that I got engaged in 1986, but you could probably tell that from the '80s style setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results